Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Reviews Thread

flameboy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Using the word appauling suggests this game has no place on the Wii.

A LOT of people will get pleasure out of this if they can't fit large fishing expeditions into their life.

There's another fishing game in the works which will no doubt blow this one out of the water. (bad a bum chih)

But this elitist attitude that games don't have a place on Wii sucks.

It got a bad review because the controls, size and corporate branding (I've actually read the review now) but that still doesn't mean people won't enjoy it.

It's not made for our standards.

parappa.jpg

I remember people saying similar things about this button masher.

that was an awsome game.Very short but i loved it all the same.Very hard if u wanted to complete it 100% getting cool in all stages.i love rapper and pokemon 2000 was an OK movie.the first one still rules supreme and i also liked that last one.God forget the name.The one with mew and the tree?

Is it the kiddy style one?

Looks like Pokemon meets fishing.

82313-4-2.jpg

Gotta catch 'em all!

Realism is obviously the in word with this game, thats why the games character is taller than his house and if he wins a trophy he gets to actually sit in it and use as a bath

NGamer scores:

Zelda - 97

Wii Sports - 82

Wii Play - 70

Red Steel - 90

Spongebob - 60

NFS: Carbon - 59

Rampage - 32

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz - 84

Call of Duty 3 - 80

Happy Feet - 53

Rayman: Raving Rabbids - 70

GT Pro Series - 20

Cars - 60

Monster Truck 4x4 thingybob - 51

Tony Hawk Downhill Jam - 74

Barnyard - 68

Gottlieb Pinball Classics - 80 :blank:

Madden 07 - 80

Pinball games are pretty standard procedure.

Most people can't afford one so a game is a fair alternative.

Bang for your buck (it's £20 ain't it?) it's probably a good game.. with some simple but functional controls tacked on.

80 is pretty reasonable for it i'd say.

yeah for a pinball game Gottlieb Pinball Classics does look ok to be honest... I mean they can only get so good graphically I guess. Anyone remember Pinball Fantasies on the Amiga, what a game that was.

In the last issue of N-Gamer they had an interview with its developer and mentioned downloading extra tables and how they had a demo to download or something....

Please can we stop talking about that biased shit.

Just because it's formulaic doesn't mean that reviewing trends haven't changed over the last 15 years of videogames.

It also doesn't mean shit because most reviewers have rushed it out to meet the game's deadline. Where as with mid-end game titles the reviewers get more time before the game is released to make their minds up.

Personally the only rankings I put any faith in are the ones voted by and for gamers on multiformat international websites like IGN.com

Zelda fell out of the top 10 on gamerankings. I guess Solitanize or whatever will be going crazy.

If you're very quiet and listen very, very carefully, you can hear him cursing in the distance. :heh:

That's a pretty good score for Call of Duty 3. I've been hearing mixed things about this game. Maybe it's a bit under-rated?

I don't think it's under-rated.. lots of places are saying it's the best war game ever. Problem is it's not doing much new in a really stagnant genre.

It's playing it safe to quote someone.

How does that gameranking thing works?

It takes review scores from a variety of respected and large gaming publications, websites and shows.. averages them out evenly and ranks them by average score:number of reviews.

I think user rating has an influence somewhere also.

The problem with that is different magazines have different scales.. and now people are taking game rankings as gospel.

When in fact staying 'true' to a particular website or magazine that you feel attached to is much better.

For a lot of older open minded gamers EDGE remains the gospel reviewer.

Zelda fell out of the top 10 on gamerankings. I guess Solitanize or whatever will be going crazy.

..if he's NOT featured on BBC News 24 for driving a car at 112mph straight into a brick wall in the next 5 minutes then he certainly hasn't heard yet..

..I pity the poor guy who spent hours building up that wall when Solitanize finds out.. hours wasted.. WASTED!

..hope you make it through this tough time..

..is that an engine starting :eek:

..if he's NOT featured on BBC News 24 for driving a car at 112mph straight into a brick wall in the next 5 minutes then he certainly hasn't heard yet..

..I pity the poor guy who spent hours building up that wall when Solitanize finds out.. hours wasted.. WASTED!

..hope you make it through this tough time..

..is that an engine starting :eek:

He'll crack it.

I just had a look...

Another 8/10 rating is responsible for the drop to 95.4%... Now has 4 8/10 ratings, automatically inferior to Resident Evil 4, no chance in hell literally of making any serious impact in the top 10. Critically, currently unless we see a lot of 9.7 bare minimum scores being submitted over the next few weeks, the games failed and Nintendo have not lived up to their promise. :(

I'll still be getting it but still considering whether to get the Wii or GC version as currently the game hasn't been received as well as I would've liked. Regardless of which version I get, i'll see how this game really stacks up and i'll be writing my own personal review.

I just had a look...

Another 8/10 rating is responsible for the drop to 95.4%... Now has 4 8/10 ratings, automatically inferior to Resident Evil 4, no chance in hell literally of making any serious impact in the top 10. Critically, currently unless we see a lot of 9.7 bare minimum scores being submitted over the next few weeks, the games failed and Nintendo have not lived up to their promise. :(

I'll still be getting it but still considering whether to get the Wii or GC version as currently the game hasn't been received as well as I would've liked. Regardless of which version I get, i'll see how this game really stacks up and i'll be writing my own personal review.

What did nintendo promise again?

I just had a look...

Have you actually bothered to read as to why some reviewers are penalising the game?

Generally its due to graphics but more so the lack of originality, its not that its BAD as such, its just that there isn't much new.

For what it is with being compared to games such as Gears Of War, its done pretty well.

What did nintendo promise again?

The promise was this was to be the best Zelda game ever made. So far it doesn't appear to be the case, i'll make my ultimate judgement upon completing the game as to whether Nintendo have misled and deceived or not.

So what score are you going to give it? Why not an 11/10, that would seriously boost its chances of moving up the ranks.

I'd very much like to be able to do that, i'll look into it and see if its possible to make a review that can be classified as an "editorial review"...

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!