N-Europe

Official Spider-Man 3 Thread [big spoilers within]

arab_freak

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone (I believe it was Sam Raimi) confirmed that the entire Venom storyline will be wrapped up in number 3.

Given all the other things going on in this film and all the stuff that needs to be dealt with, mainly the Harry/Green Goblin 2 stuff, plus you got Sandman in the mix also if they manage to do the whole Venom story in this film then it will need to be a pretty long film, maybe 4-5hours, and i doubt that, so if they do try to do all that in one film it will end up very rushed and not so good:shakehead

Given all the other things going on in this film and all the stuff that needs to be dealt with, mainly the Harry/Green Goblin 2 stuff, plus you got Sandman in the mix also if they manage to do the whole Venom story in this film then it will need to be a pretty long film, maybe 4-5hours, and i doubt that, so if they do try to do all that in one film it will end up very rushed and not so good:shakehead

The only things we've seen of Venom so far are just one: the scene where Peter breaks free of the Symbiote (sp?) and drops it on Eddie. I'm quite sure that this is the ending of the movie, since they haven't really shown us anything else besides that.

Well Doc Ock didn't really die.
He seemed pretty dead to me, floating to the bottom of the river motionless with a sun.

The only things we've seen of Venom so far are just one: the scene where Peter breaks free of the Symbiote (sp?) and drops it on Eddie. I'm quite sure that this is the ending of the movie, since they haven't really shown us anything else besides that.

Only problem with that idea is that Tobey Maguire was quoted saying that the movie "feels like the end of a trilogy" and everything comes to a clean end.

• 2 weeks later...
Great I need a new floor now! (My jaw dropped through it) Heh heh.

GASP! How could you of been looking forward to Pirates 3 more than this? The Pirates 3 trailer just looks like bits cut from the previous movies, but with more Chow Yun Fat.

That was before I had really seen much of Spiderman 3, but after this Pirates isn't even in my mind any more - its just filled with Spidy!

Didn't see Spiderman 2, doubt I'll see this one.. seems too soppy.

Take out the outfits and stunts and you've got Love Actually (or equivalent)

Yes, but why? Why would you take out the stunts and the action?

Take out the action and the fighting from LOTR and all youve got left is a load of weird looking people wandering around being homoerotic.

Take out the guns and the violence out of Reservoir Dogs and you've got a warehouse. And some suits.

Nobody watches Spiderman for the romantic bit. They go and watch it for the outfits and the stunts.

It's not much, but the latest Spiderman 3 The Game trailer shows off the black suit and the villians in the film.

I know often the game differs from the movie in some ways but it may give us some clues...

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=18176&type=wmv&pl=game

For example, when Spiderman is fighting Venom high up at one point, there is what looks like a sandstorm blasting it's way around the construction, maybe suggesting there is a Spiderman/Venom/Sandman fight at some stage in the film!

This could mean the film is like the comic story of Sandman; getting a bite taken out of him by Venom which destroys him at one point!

All just speculation!

For example, when Spiderman is fighting Venom high up at one point, there is what looks like a sandstorm blasting it's way around the construction, maybe suggesting there is a Spiderman/Venom/Sandman fight at some stage in the film!

Actually, I have it on somewhat good authority its going to be a four-way fling.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually further to my last comments, Im 100% certain theres a four way fling at the end.

My friend (The source) confirmed so again to me, and I was looking at the Mega Bloks set called "Final Battle". Scene = Building Site Mini-Figures = Battle Ravaged Red/Blue suit Spidey, Venom, Sandman and Harry.

But he's a gimp on top of that. Taking strength enhancers will only turn him into a super-emo!

Hmmmm, 4 way fight would be interesting. I'm guessing that it will start with everyone vs. Spidey and end up being everyone vs. Venom, most likely with very predictable formats for turning bad guys. Oh yeah, M-J has gotta die too.