N-Europe

Curiosity: Wii forum hype-o-meter!

xernobyl

Have you noticed that the Wii forum has 2 times more posts than the handheld forum, and 6 times more posts than the gamecube forum?

I know the forums aren't that old, and the gamecube was "dead" when this forum arrived, but not the DS, and the DS is selling very well. Adding to this the fact that Wii wasn't even lauched yet this can only be a good preview of Wii's popularity. Right?

I go through spells of being really hyped and then not really being hyped at all. I'm pretty excited at the moment though. :heh:

Same here. I get randomly exctied just under a week ago, even though it was 6 weeks off.....Still over 5 weeks til it's out too....:sad:

I preorderd it from GAME ages ago (hope I get one at launch:weep:). And I have most stuff planned for what I'm gonna get and stuff, but It will probably be finalised whith that once I get paid at the end of Nov.

I don't know, I've never really felt like this before; its not total excitement and it is at the same time. Either way I will get a Wii on launch (unless demand is so high that I can't possible buy one) but then like Moria said, its small but often occuring burst of excitment.

Maybe it because I am use to waiting for it, afterall 2 years now and we still don't know everything about it (apparantly) so maybe I have more patients now or something.

Anyway I really can not wait but at the same time I can weird no? haha

im giving 2 ratings here

10-Hardware

Im excited for the hardware itself and its potential. Ideally, it should be home to some of the most imaginative and original games created in years

0-Software

And yet, it is launching with a hugely disappointing (for me) list of ports and sequels*. The software thus far definately does not match the purpose of the hardware. Oh well, maybe next year.

*Wii Bowling/Boxing, Elebits, and possibly Red Steel being exempt from this list

I've never been this excited about a console. I wasn't gona buy another console after the GC...but then when the Wii was announced with the controller I just HAD to get one.

You weren't going to buy another console after GC?!

You non gamer real gamers keep buying games till armagedon like Domstercool, Hero, and myself