N-Europe

Tales of Graces

Dante

Rumors from 2ch!

• ToTM real name is Tales Of Bataille.
  • PSP to get Tales Of Destiny Full Voice Edition.
  • DS to get Cheegle Fushigi no Dungeon.

Tales Of Bataille is the Wii game we seen before. The main heroes name is 地帯 (so it's either Zone or Zona I guess. Gonna go with Zona.) hes a 19 year old hitman who gets sent on a big mission to kill a very well know gang member named たくましい (Mach?) and in the process ends up kidnapping his daughter named ミーガン (Meg?..Megan? I have no clue.) anyway he steals her because apparently her dad was nearly gonna kill him so he took her and ran. From here on out he wanders around trying to find another way to kill Mach. The big draw point to the game is that Zone can talk to random people in towns and enter battles with them for money and stuff I guess that ties in with the name since Bataille is french for Battle. Sakuraba is doing the soundtrack and the artists is apparently Atsuro Yomino who did the Code Geass manga (lol). The games release date is TBA.

For ToD: FVE it will be using Eternias battle system since it will be a port of the PSX version not the PS2 version (maybe because it was to fast for the PSP?) new sprites and everything from the original will return but be voiced. So I guess that means no Barbatos and stuff. Set to be released this summer.

Cheegle Fushigi no Dungeon is a DS game based around the Cheegles from Abyss. Its one of those mystery dungeon games I guess and you use different cheegles to finish puzzles and stuff. The poster mentions that other animals from the series join with the Cheegles (he said Zappie is seen in one picture.) set to be released around May.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually liked the name Tales of Harmonia from the last batch of trademarks. They patent so many all the time, it will probably end up getting a name that they secured ages and ages ago.
That one was for Tales of the Abyss I believe.

And Tales of Eternia had one called Tales of the two Worlds.

They should dig for those.

• 1 month later...

Looks like the game has a name unless its another Tales game.

Tales of Graces - Wii - 2009

- I think the designs are by Inomata

- The main character is Aspel Lant or something

- The theme of the game is protecting people, and the main character doesn't want to lose anyone ever again

Tales of VS - PSP - 2009

- Dissidia style 3D versus action fighter

- 4 players versus

- Yuri (ToV), Luke (TotA), Shing (ToH) and Rihita (ToSKoR) are shown

Tales of Vesperia - PS3 - 2009

- New character pirate loli girl, Patty Fleur

- The ToV anime movie is also revealed officially

Edited by Hero-of-Time

I am not sure if this has been posted yet but at least it doesn't seem like this.

There was a bit more mentioned about the new Tales of Grace game for Wii in an IGN article - together with the announcement of Tales of Vesperia for PS3 - though not much:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/968/968622p1.html

I wonder what they mean with "Defend" and "Protect" exactly but I guess we will find out soon enough.

Btw.: It could also be an april fool :)

At least I find that loli character a bit strange though I am not surprised about a PS3 port - at least for Japan.

Btw.2: If (and only if) this turns out to be true (or is already proofed), I think it would be good if this thread will be renamed to "Tales of Grace".

Edited by ghost_zero

Yeah, I think so too. Microsoft pays for exclusivity for a limited amount of time and afterwards they can create/release it on other consoles too - at least that is my guess. Would make sense because after a year or so the ales are usually pretty low anyway.

However, I am not sure, if they were allowed to work on the port already before the time passed or not. They for sure weren't allowed to announce it before but if they were allowed to work on it is another question.

Btw.: Is there known if the PS3 Japanese version will include English language from the beginning? If so, it could be also interesting to instead of buying the European XBox360 version to wait for that version to come out and buy that one - after all PS3 games aren't region-locked.

moar...

Website is open: (along with BGM/music sample)

-> http://tog.namco-ch.net/

New Trailer Screencaps: (want want want)

023bwu.jpg

024anp.jpg

025zlf.jpg

026y.jpg

021gxc.jpg

022ckr.jpg

Presentation:

UJ3PLpzWVm6XlaV5c964XHRHPcP3F8RQ.jpg

nWAWvIR1ekQgIz16W2zIh1Uob1ZvOOl7.jpg

c20090406tob12cs1w1640x.jpg

dGXc4rkgSUpu93GgyNPWEIQ344aey8hN.jpg

c20090406tob08cs1w1640x.jpg

c20090406tob13cs1w1640x.jpg

Tidbits:

- Main Character is Asbel Lhant, 18 years old, he's from Lhant who is located in a country named Windol.

- Eldest son of a noble, and he's sucessor, his father's land is located close to a country frontier with another country.

- game world where the game takes place is called Efinea.

- 3 countries: Windol, Strata and Fendel. All of them not in good terms with each other.

- Substance called Cryas who is created out of another, called Eles plays a part in the story and is responsible for prosperity in Efinea.

- Overworld map is diferent from previous Tales, here "overworld" consists of paths, zones and hubs instead of free roaming through a continent.

- Compatible with Classic Controller.

- Game battle system is called Style Shift Linear Motion Battle System (SS-LMBS) and it allows each player to have more than one style of battling.

- Skills can be mapped to the buttons A and B from the Wiimote.

- Sidestepping allows 360 degree turns around a enemy and other maneuvers.

- Anime cutscene animation done by Production I.G.

sinse the end of march of 2009 Namco bandai finaly has his own publishing devision:

Namco Bandai starts European distribution centre!

Namco Bandai made a statement awhile back that they want to become as big and important as Capcom is now. Namco Bandai is certain that a European division will result in high product sales and because the European game market has grown explosively in the past year and in March Namco Bandai bought the European distribution centre from Atari also know as Info games. Atari Benelux will temporary be called Distribution Partners until they officially announce a new name.

The games that where published by Atari, like Dragon ball z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 and the Tales of series will now be distributed by Namco Bandai. This all will result in quicker localisation for Namco Bandai Games, The first title that will be distributed by Namco Bandai Europe will be Tales of Vesperia on the Xbox360 in June 2009. Soon after that Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the new World and One Piece: Unlimited Cruise will follow.

(translated from a dutch article)