N-Europe

Not enough Wiis at Launch???

Kurtle Squad

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming that,I wouldn't let it happen >.< Anyway I really don't see how your 19th maybe it's 9th or they got it wrong cause they're definently wasn't more than 10 pre-orders at the time.What time did you pre-order at.

13:09 I think it says.

i actually thought it was earlier... maybe their clocks are wrong. :heh:

(I wouldn't actually say that to them btw, but if it were someone I didn't know at all.....)

I think the Wii will surely sell out in some shops.

It was hard to find a GC three days after launch even in the small town where I live an that system didn't have so much hype around it.

But as gmanprime said there'll be more than one store so if you look around a bit you surely should find a Wii (at least on launch day).

When did you preorder?

Like a week or two ago. I mean it is my fault it just amuses me that Staines Gamestation has 45 people ahead of me. I know its all people from the uni I go to but I like to think of it as the chavs that hang out at the train station all 45 of them. :grin:

Often console shortages are 'manufactured' at launch for two reasons: Firstly to create a buzz around the launch and the ensuing panic as people think they can't get their console leads to newspaper headlines etc which is nice free publicity. Secondly a lot of manufacturers love to claim that their new product sold out within 'x' many hours.

I can just see the PS3 headlines: 'Most wanted Christmas toy EVER EVER EVER, sold out everywhere, parents fight in the street, console goes for over $2000 on ebay'

The Nintendo headlines will be very different, and will only appear in industry analysts' columns: 'Nintendo sell millions of extra Wiis as parents pick them up due to PS3 shortage'.

i pre-ordered on October 12th (a day before the pre-oreders were ment to be underway, how lucky am i). They said they would hold my console for two days starting on launch day but i have to have my reciet to proove i pre-ordered with them.

If i go to Dumfries on launch day and forget my reciet i won't be a happy chappy

well I don't think ill have any problem here in denmark where Nintendo are as huge as an iceberg in the Sahara.. oh and nice avatar Haden.. I was a BIG fan of the Nutty boys way back

Hey thanks I am seeing Madness this December I literally can't wait! Never thought I would have hte oppurtunity to see them live :bouncy:

13:09 I think it says.

i actually thought it was earlier... maybe their clocks are wrong. :heh:

(I wouldn't actually say that to them btw, but if it were someone I didn't know at all.....)

That's nice of you but i'm sure we'll both be fine.Imagine if someone pre-ordered it much later than one of us and got it instead.A fight would be breaking out :heh:

Can't see how this would happen.

First messages in September were that there were 2 million Wiis available at launch. Later it was confirmed that due to great production numbers that number was getting close to 4 million. Can't see how that could lead to shortages.

Maybe it's just one EBgames shop getting 30 Wiis.

At least one person is going to sell a Wii console on ebay, put it as buy it now for $1US, and have $1000US postage but they are only told about the postage after they purchase the Wii. I saw a SNES for $10,000 buy it now once, the person had all these pics saying how immaculate it was even though the box was opened, it was removed pretty quickly.

That's nice of you but i'm sure we'll both be fine.Imagine if someone pre-ordered it much later than one of us and got it instead.A fight would be breaking out :heh:

Yeah, with me at the front of it, seriously, I would be incredibly pissed off.

What time does your receipt say?

I am getting pannicky that I won't get a Wii on launch now. If I can't play Zelda on the day of release I will literally implode with disappointment. I'm going to pre-order it in a second location. I must have one.

Didn't N64 only have something like 30,000 at launch? I still got one of those and I didn't preorder that far in advance. We're likely to get at least 100,000 in the UK.

There will be no shortage, the 360 was in much shorter supply and I managed to get one at launch fine when ordering only a couple of weeks before launch.

Thanks rokhed00, the voice of (in)sanity! :yay:

I'm #12 on the list at Wigan Gamestation, and yesterday added Zelda TP, Red Steel and an extra controller + nunchuk attachment to the list.

I was recently browsing Gametrailers when I came across some news about the Wii (not in a sexual way :heh:).

http://www.gametrailers.com/viewnews.php?id=3698

http://www.gametrailers.com/viewnews.php?id=3699

Acording to this, EB shops are only getting around 30 Wii's, and they're one of the kings of game retailers in The States.

So...North America is getting the largest slice of pie, at 1M units, meaning Europes getting less (duh). Anyway...surely this means our shops, such as GAME, will have hardly anything to go around.

Most consoles in america goes to best buy has always been the same, plus eb games has about 32000 stores I believe