NEurope
Tellyn

Virtual Console - All you need to know

I was actually talking about Donkey Kong Jr. Maths game actually.

But yeah I know mario is missing was geographaphy and there was another game released was about history.

Ah right. Sorry about that.

The other game is Mario's Time Machine.

i was looking about on pegi ratings and noticed lylat wars has now been age rated for virtual console. i would think this means we will be graced with this this friday hopefully as i was a big fan of the game. if you look on pegi it has been put on there as lyalat wars instead

i can't see L.W getting released in Europe this coming friday because you have 3 titles coming from Sega on that day and i don't think nintendo will released L.W with them. so maybe look out for L.W on Friday, April 13th :P

PS: as for them 3 Sega titles we are only getting Sonic Spinball and not Story of Thor or Vectorman because they have yet to be added to our OFLC :( and the same goes for L.W :(

Latest US Titles:

- Star Fox 64 (N64)

- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NES)

- Dragon’s Curse (TG16)

Surely Lylat Wars for us on Friday? Cant wait. Hope my 1000 points from Nintendo turn up then; bought 6000 points a little over a week ago and they've all gone!!!!

I never got Lylat Wars on the N64 - I didn't like the look of it back then. I'll certainly be downloading it as soon as it's available here, though, unless they wait a while to release it and it comes out the same day as a big Wii or DS game, that is. Fingers crossed for this Friday!

Never knew anything about Star Fox back then, but I've heard nothing but good things and will certainly be downloading it. We better get it Friday - If it ends up being another LTTP, I will be severely disappointed in Nintendo.

I'm jealous of those few above who've yet to play Lylat Wars. You'll be in for such a big treat once you've downloaded it.

I may consider purchasing it purely because it's a class game and for nostalgia reasons.

The VC version also includes 'save states' and 480p support apparently. (480p may be NTSC version only.........????)

Edit - Save states is bullshit. ***** over at gaf.

Lylat wars is an amazing game.Favorite Star Fox game.I'm hoping to download an N64 game soon,like after Lylat Wars,i'm hoping for one I don't have after that.

US release vs Europe release.

Future releases VC Games

Adventures of Lolo

Donkey Kong Jr. Math

Mach Rider

Mario & Yoshi

Metroid Nintendo

Mighty Bomb Jack

NES Open Tournament Golf

Pac-Man

Shadow Warriors

Spy vs. Spy

Super Mario Bros. 2

ActRaiser

Final Fight

Super R-Type

Final Fight

Gradius III

Kirby Super Star

Kirby's Dream Land 3

Pilotwings

Street Fighter II Turbo

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

Super Metroid

Zombies Ate My Neighbors

Star Fox 64

Sonic Spinball

The Story of Thor

Vectorman

Alex Kidd in the Enchanted

Alien Storm

Shining Force

Wonder Boy in Monster World

Battle Lode Runner

Bonk's Revenge

US release vs Europe release.

Future releases VC Games

Adventures of Lolo

Donkey Kong Jr. Math

Mach Rider

Mario & Yoshi

Metroid Nintendo

Mighty Bomb Jack

NES Open Tournament Golf

Pac-Man

Shadow Warriors

Spy vs. Spy

Super Mario Bros. 2

ActRaiser

Final Fight

Super R-Type

Final Fight

Gradius III

Kirby Super Star

Kirby's Dream Land 3

Pilotwings

Street Fighter II Turbo

Super Metroid

Zombies Ate My Neighbors

Star Fox 64

Sonic Spinball

The Story of Thor

Vectorman

Alex Kidd in the Enchanted

Alien Storm

Shining Force

Wonder Boy in Monster World

Battle Lode Runner

Bonk's Revenge

:p ........

FAaaK YEAH!

Pilotwings

Street Fighter II Turbo

Super Metroid

But where is mario bross 3?

Isn't Super Mario Bros 2 Yoshi's Island? :o

5 games on their to look forward too then

That was Super Mario Advance 2.

just so you all know i had a booklet from GAME come in the post today and 2000 wii points over the easter period is half price £7.99 :D (when brought with anything instore)

gunna pop in there tomorrow and see if can get 4000 (2000 and anything instore...how bout another 2000 :P)

FAaaK YEAH!

Pilotwings

Street Fighter II Turbo

Super Metroid

But where is mario bross 3?

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars it won't come out to europe until everything else has been published.

I downloaded Kirby for the NES yesterday, and its laggy as hell - plus theres a weird band on the left hand side of the screen about 1cm in width that stays a fixed colour or messes up. Surely they could of fixed it for selling it as a download. And they annoying thing is that it only happens on that vc game.

Why have my gaming skills gone to shit in the last 14 odd years ?

I downloaded ALttP recently , and last night spent 2 hours trying to beat Moldorm , I remembered what I needed to do but could I do it ? Apparently not.

And heres hoping that Lylat Wars does turn up soon - we have got to be due another N64 game very soon.

Almost! Its Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island.

Just a note that all 3 of the US VC releases this week were found on the US servers a couple of days beforehand, which means Nintendo hasn't put a stop to the snoopers.

Mr. Myke Greywolf should try having a sneak peak at the EU servers again. ;) Even though this week's selection are most likely the 3 Sega MD games.

I think I know how to look on the servers but I need firefox but I have Internet Explorer :heh:

I wonder when we'll start to see 3rd party N64 games though,first 4 have all been Nintendo developed,and if it's like 1 N64 game a month roughly,then that isn't very much at all,especially where 3rd parties are concerned.I mean if they had 3rd party N64 games there would be a more frequent release of N64 titles or we would of atleast seen one by now.

That was Super Mario Advance 2.

Nah, Super Mario Advance 2 was Super Mario World. Yoshi's Island was Advance 3 and Super Mario Bros. 3 was Advance 4

Super Mario Bros 2 (US) is the crappy mario with the vegetables, the one that isn't a mario game at all.

Super Mario Bros 2 (JP) The Lost Levels was like Super Mario Bros but with new harder levels.

Sorry, I forgot. Super Mario Bros. 2 isn't actually a Mario game at all, it's just a platformer with a Mario skin so that it would sell in the west. If I remember correctly, it was Doki Doki Panic in Japan?

Sorry, I forgot. Super Mario Bros. 2 isn't actually a Mario game at all, it's just a platformer with a Mario skin so that it would sell in the west. If I remember correctly, it was Doki Doki Panic in Japan?

Yeah, Doki Doki Panic. It was originally done by Nintendo to promote Fuji Television's Dream Factory '87 event. As original Super Mario Bros 2 was too similar to SMB, Nintendo decided to change sprites in DDP and release it as a SMB2 in the west. Later game was released again in japan as Super Mario Bros 2 USA.