NEurope
Tellyn

Virtual Console - All you need to know

The birdie has been shot down!

Perhaps we're seeing Duck Hunt on Virtual Console tonight..?

Stupid damn fucking wifi connector.

I'll have to wail till Monday.

Lint to a past, classic game. Although I'm disappointed that Story of Thor is a no show this week.

YES FINALLY ALTTP!!!

You can bet I downloaded this as soon as it go up in the server.Finally I have the game i've been waiting to appear for months.

Can't wait to get back from school now to play it :D

Castlevania for the NES is also available. :)

Oh lovely game, and so easy. I can finish it without dying. :)

Not a bad week, but I'll be saving my points for Story of Thor next week. :)

ALTTP is a classic, most probably the best 2D Zelda ever. It was also my first Zelda game. But I still have the SNES original and the GBA port, and have played it to death.

Not much point in buying another copy of the same game.

Story of Thor is not released in Europe to April 6th thats 2 weeks away not 1 :P

SEGA press release for released and upcoming Virtual Console titles

Sonic Spinball, VECTORMAN and The Story of Thor will be available from 6th April 2007

segavcgames.jpg

Mighty Bomb Jack, Romance of the Three Kingdoms iv: Wall Of Fire, Galaga and Starfox 64 are 'in the pipeline' .

Figures, they would have to go a add Link to the Past to the VC the day before i go on holiday, ah well i'll just D/L it when i get home in 4 weeks, then grin from ear to ear just because i can play all home console zelda games on my Wii

It's a good time to be a Wii owner, as Sega has added three more classics to the Virtual Console: Virtua Fighter 2, Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle, and Wonder Boy in Monster World. Sega says prices will start at 800 Wii points, which is $8 per game. It leaves a bit of ambiguity, because we're not quite sure what the prices are for each specific game.

“The Wii Shop Channel continues to be a great avenue for gamers who want instant access to classic SEGA Genesis titles,” said Scott A. Steinberg, Vice President of Marketing, SEGA of America. “Virtua Fighter 2, Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle, and Wonder Boy in Monster World, are all great titles that were popular hits in their day and now have a second life via Wii’s Virtual Console.”

Im thinkin Nintendo called it Wii and not Nintendo Game Thing, to make it easier for companies like Sega to release their games on it. Kinda like a friendly gesture.

It's a good time to be a Wii owner, as Sega has added three more classics to the Virtual Console: Virtua Fighter 2, Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle, and Wonder Boy in Monster World. Sega says prices will start at 800 Wii points, which is $8 per game. It leaves a bit of ambiguity, because we're not quite sure what the prices are for each specific game.

“The Wii Shop Channel continues to be a great avenue for gamers who want instant access to classic SEGA Genesis titles,” said Scott A. Steinberg, Vice President of Marketing, SEGA of America. “Virtua Fighter 2, Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle, and Wonder Boy in Monster World, are all great titles that were popular hits in their day and now have a second life via Wii’s Virtual Console.”

Aw, it's a shame that the Megadrive version of VF2 was a 2D fighter. If only it was a surprise Saturn download, though I suppose we'd need to have a hard drive (or at least some sort of software patch allowing games to be run off SD cards). :)

Virtua Fighter 2 would have been an awesome start to a Saturn library on the VC.

That might still happen but not for now. Mega drive version was not half bad, it was a good attempt.

I'm a big VF2 fan, got the saturn and PC versions, it is an absolute classic, best game in the VF series but I have not played 5 yet

Shame two of those newly announced are found in the Mega Drive collection.

Still, Wonder Boy looks interesting.

Lylat Wars remains my Easter VC release prediction.

Ye, I am sure we will get it this Friday or next. :yay: One N64 game a month....sigh

Was wondering, after seeing many Dreamcast games in people's games collection pictures, if we will see it appear on the VC in a year or so....

Bought 6000 points in GAME yesterday after they let me buy their entire stock (wish they had more) and I only bought one thing - great deal though.

Bought Zelda and then couldn't download anymore - damn connection. Really want Super Mario World, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Turtles.... Whats splatterhouse like, I remembered loving it, anybody got it? What other recomendations do people have? Already have Gunstar, DKC, Fzero, Probotector and SMB. Whats better super star soldier or Rtype 3?

Bought 6000 points in GAME yesterday after they let me buy their entire stock (wish they had more) and I only bought one thing - great deal though.

Bought Zelda and then couldn't download anymore - damn connection. Really want Super Mario World, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Turtles.... Whats splatterhouse like, I remembered loving it, anybody got it? What other recomendations do people have? Already have Gunstar, DKC, Fzero, Probotector and SMB. Whats better super star soldier or Rtype 3?

WOW! 6000 points in one go? Take it you got the £7.99 deal with each one? Way to go!

You NEED Super Ghouls and Ghosts if you like DKC and SMB. It's a great action/adventure platformer.

What the Americans got today :

Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV: Wall of Fire (Super NES, 1-8 players, 800 Wii Points): Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV is a tactical simulation game in which the player takes the role of a ruler seeking to unite China in the era of the three kingdoms of Wei, Wu and Shu. The role of the ruler is to command a range of officers with differing characteristics - some cunning strategists, others brave warriors - and strengthen the military might of his or her kingdom. Foreign policy, involving forming alliances with certain kingdoms and hatching plans to weaken others, will play a major role in this process. Once players have developed a powerful enough military, it will be time to expand their borders through military conquest. Ultimate victory will only be achieved once all 43 cities in China lie within a player’s control.