NEurope
Tellyn

Virtual Console - All you need to know

Well, I think when Nintendo designed the Gamecube pad they had the very same intentions of "disruptive" thinking as they do now with the Wii, shaking things up by placing buttons where they did in the shapes they did to encourage devs to think differently about how to use it. Of course everyone except nintendo themselves just shoehorned PS2/Xbox controls into it anyway, and people were annoyed that "the c stick was shit".

In one sense I'm grateful that it feels awkward to play SNES games on it while it feels good to play Gamecube games on it - it means they actually got somewhere. I'm sure in 10 years from now Wipeout 1 will still map perfectly onto the newest Playstation pad. :)

Correct. But for SNES games- now that is another matter. Also, I will NEVER download Turbografx games. Happy now?

PS Just downloaded DKC. Haven't had a chance to play it yet. Is it any good?

Correct. But for SNES games- now that is another matter. Also, I will NEVER download Turbografx games. Happy now?

PS Just downloaded DKC. Haven't had a chance to play it yet. Is it any good?

I downloaded it and got to the mine cart level, and gave up. The gc contorl scheme is so frustrating that I couldn't play it.

WII-KLY UPDATE: THREE NEW CLASSIC GAMES ANNOUNCED FOR WII SHOP CHANNEL

Feb. 12, 2007

Today Nintendo adds three new classic games to the popular Wii™ video game system's Wii Shop Channel. The games go live at 9 a.m. Pacific time. Nintendo adds new games to the channel every Monday. Wii owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points™ to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week's new games are:

Kirby's Adventure™ (NES®, 1 player, 500 Wii Points): Not everything is well in Dream Land. For some mysterious reason, the Dream Spring, a magical well that is the reservoir for all the dreams of the citizens of Dream Land, is no longer working. Everyone is being subjected to their worst nightmares every time they go to sleep. Upon reaching the Dream Spring, Kirby finds out that evil King Dedede has stolen the Star Rod, thus depriving Dream Land of the magical energy that feeds its spring. Using 20 unique tricks and the ability to steal enemies' powers by swallowing them, players have to make their way through a horrific land filled with all kinds of nightmares. Recover the broken pieces of the Star Rod and everyone in Dream Land will sleep peacefully once again. Fail and the citizens of Dream Land will be subjected to a lifetime of terrible nightmares.

Ice Climber™ (NES, 1-2 players, 500 Wii Points): As Popo, players use a trusty mallet to work their way up the mountain. They chip away at the blocks overhead, then jump up through the resulting hole to the mountain's next level. Once Popo reaches the top level, he enters a fast-moving bonus stage in which he can pick up veggies and, hopefully, reach the summit for a big point payoff. Of course, not everyone's supportive of Popo's pastime. Toppies fill Popo's holes, so players must jump through the gaps quickly. It's easy to slip off some of the icy levels, as Polar Bears, Toppies and other ferocious fauna don't want players up there. There are 32 challenging peaks to scale – players can face them alone or with a friend.

Kid Icarus™ (NES, 1 player, 500 Wii Points): In a time when men and gods lived in harmony, the kingdom of Angel Land was ruled by two goddesses: Palutena, the Goddess of Light, and Medusa, the Goddess of Darkness. Unlike Palutena, Medusa despised all humans and enjoyed destroying their crops and turning them into stone. One day, Palutena decided to punish the evil Medusa and banished her after turning her into a hideous monster. But Medusa would not go without a fight. She created an army of monsters and evil spirits and captured Palutena. Players play as Pit, a young angel trapped in the Underworld, and Palutena's only hope. They use a magical bow to retrieve the Sacred Treasures, defeat Medusa and restore peace to Angel Land.

I have finally given in and decided to fork out for a classic controller today (when it turns up is anybodys guess though).

I just found the GC button placement a little too awkward on SMW and I purposely avoided downloading DKC (even though I originally loved it) because of others comments.

Getting Kirby in his best adventure to date (apparently) Is it any good? I'n sorry, Aussie, but to be honest that is the only game I am intersted in.

Getting Kirby in his best adventure to date (apparently) Is it any good? I'n sorry, Aussie, but to be honest that is the only game I am intersted in.

I am a big kirby fan, sort of, hooked since Kirby's Dream Land. I played Kirby's Adventure a very long time ago on NES on holiday, and it was awesome for me as it was the first Kirby game I played with abilities. I would definitely say it is worth the £3.50 it's going to cost, but not sure about it being his best adventure to date(thats not to put it down, it's awesome, but some of the others are possibly MORE AWESOME).

Are those NES games what the Americans got this week then? I'm steering clear of NES, SNES and Megadrive games after I got SMB and it didn't play on my tv. Luckily the Turbografx and N64 games I have work.

Do you think it is possible for Goldeneye to see the light of day? Seeing as Rare work for Microsoft now? Also, Rare are British, I'm pleased to announce. They've made some of the best games ever on a Nintendo console and aren't even American or Japanese. They're British!

Do you think it is possible for Goldeneye to see the light of day? Seeing as Rare work for Microsoft now? Also, Rare are British, I'm pleased to announce. They've made some of the best games ever on a Nintendo console and aren't even American or Japanese. They're British!

Reggie was looking into it when we last heard.

Nintendo Entertainment System

kirbysadventure.jpg

Super Nintendo Entertainment System

kirbydreamcourse.jpg

kirbydreamland3-2.jpg

PAL kirbysfunpak.jpgVS kirbysuperstar-1.jpgNTSC

PAL kirbysghosttrapsnes.jpgVS kirbysadventuresnes.jpgNTSC

Nintendo 64

kirby64.jpg

All coming to the Virtual Console :)

kirbysadventure.jpg

kirbydreamcourse.jpg

kirbydreamland3-2.jpg

Nintendo 64

kirby64.jpg

That's impressive! Source?

OMG KIRBYS DREAM COURSE!

Wow. I looooooved that game. Please may it come soon.

kirbysadventure.jpg

kirbydreamcourse.jpg

kirbydreamland3-2.jpg

Nintendo 64

kirby64.jpg

I love you and your information nearly as much as those games. Bring on dreamland3!!!

I don't really have any interest in browsing 40 pages in this thread so could someone list all the VC games that are available in Europe?

I don't really have any interest in browsing 40 pages in this thread so could someone list all the VC games that are available in Europe?

You don't have to browse through 40 pages.Tellys done a good job of listing them on the very first page.

The original Legend Of Zelda is awesome!

Already done the first three temples, got the upgraded sword and found two extra hearts - don't understand everyone who says they play it for hours and don't find anything!?

The original Legend Of Zelda is awesome!

Already done the first three temples, got the upgraded sword and found two extra hearts - don't understand everyone who says they play it for hours and don't find anything!?

I didn't think it was awesome, but it is the first Zelda game so everyone should give it a go!

It is a good game though and there are a few challenging moments later on both in the dungeons and in the overworld; when there are loads of enemies on screen and you have to keep moving and attacking!

Final Boss is wierd though, I never really saw any pattern to attack and just wildly attacked until I won!

Forget about the old "ICARUS FIGHTS MEDUSA ANGELS" code. Ain't gonna work with the Virtual Console version of Kid Icarus released Monday. A warning attached to the game download states: "The original Kid Icarus allowed players to use secret passwords; however, Virtual Console does not support these passwords."

The omission of these codes is likely a result of the original cartridge depending on an included module to process the codes; Virtual Console was not designed to emulate this specific component. Similar to Mario Kart ghost data or rumble feedback, Kid Icarus codes are dependent on hardware external to the game file. It simply isn't cost effective for Nintendo to patch VC to support these apparently minor features; unless the service encounters a backlash.

Just had a good session on Mario World, nearing the end now but Wendys castle is doing my head in. I hate levels where you have to wait for stuff to drop from the ceiling or wait for the screen to scroll along itself. Im a very impatient gamer!

Me too, I know the feeling. Slow scrolly levels are boring :D