N-Europe

Wii Sports - full game details with new logo

Cookyman

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stefkov
who reckonns they will get more than 20 mins out of this?

Defintely will.

I'll be playing bowling a lot i think, tennis and golf will definitely. I like golf, don't know why. And tennis, ive liked for a while, always wanted to play with my family at these sports, but we never did. now we can. Would be a great thing to do at night. not saying that it will happen, but you could organise a night in your family for aleaderboard, sure this is getting sad but, imagine once a wek or twice a week, your family gets together, spends time together competing against each other to get to the top of the leaderboard of your family in each sport.

meh, I'll have fun wit theh game anyway.

Guest Stefkov
I'm only really interested in the Bowling,Baseball and Tennis game.I think Wii Play looks better.Can't wait for some shooting and ping pong.

I agree, Ping Pong is gonna be fun, the shooting iwll be a good mini game to play before bed i think. I want to see someone bring out a full blown ping pong game though. add that bit more depth into the game.

Guest Stefkov
Well i'm really looking forward to Wii sports!

My only negative? WHY couldn't we move the players in Tennis espicially!

Well I think we cant move them because:

For newcomers, your throwing them in with the nunchuk aswell as the wiimote, all of the games on wiisports dont use the nuchuk, why should this one.

Another I jsut thought, You don't really move yourself with an analoue controller, maybe its to make it more realistic, so you can jsut focus on hitting the ball back at your oppenent without worrying if your in the right position to hit it back, which linked to my first idea woudl get a bit confusing to newcomers in the eyes of Nintendo.

• 2 weeks later...
The Wii could be online at launch... Everything's there - the libraries, the capability in the Wii and all software (Connect 24 and Opera) is included.

The libraries got released too late however and no developer can implement them on time for launch. Only Nintendo 2nd party GameFreak is managing to make Pokemon Battle Revolution online for launch in Japan.

I hope Red Steel, Excite Truck eventually make it online. Those games need it badly.

I think this title is another one of those things that Nintendo will mess up. I reckon it's a great idea, and I actually think the simple and stylized graphics suit it.

But I'm worried that the fact that you can't move the character in Tennis is just silly. And secondly the fact that it WON'T be online is another major downer. All the games look great fun and are all games that have great multiplayer potential.

It's a fantastic idea, and I reckon it's fantastic that it comes packaged with the Wii to show off the features of the Wii-mote, but to not carry it through to it's full potential is a great shame.

It would've been fun if you could move the characters.

As a result Tennis is flawed, Baseball is flawed and Boxing is flawed just because the concept is shit.

Golf could be fun, but I'm guessing the courses will be very limited and the physics even more so.

Which club would you like?

A- Putter

B- 1 Wood

You selected Putter, swing.

Mergh, Bowling seems to be the only gaming concept that hasn't been screwed with to make it more simple.

I guess I'll get a few hours out of bowling providing it takes more than 20 minutes to master the art of getting a strike every bowl.

Fin.

It would have been fun? Have you actually played it?

It seems to me that you're missing the entire point of the game. Wii Sports is supposed to be a selection of simple sports games that anybody can control and enjoy - Whilst we may find using the wiimote and the analogue stick to play tennis quite easy you can guarantee most people won't.

I have no doubt that full in depth simulations with full controls will come - I expect within a year we'll see Tiger Woods, Virtua Tennis, Mario Tennis, Fight Night amongst others which offer the depth you seem to want and those will be full price games. Wii Sports isn't that kind of game though and its never been pitched as that yet I'm sure it will be the kind of game that is highly entertaining in short doses and will be a great party game and thats precisely what its meant to be.

I think this title is another one of those things that Nintendo will mess up. I reckon it's a great idea, and I actually think the simple and stylized graphics suit it.

But I'm worried that the fact that you can't move the character in Tennis is just silly. And secondly the fact that it WON'T be online is another major downer. All the games look great fun and are all games that have great multiplayer potential.

It's a fantastic idea, and I reckon it's fantastic that it comes packaged with the Wii to show off the features of the Wii-mote, but to not carry it through to it's full potential is a great shame.

This is a simple game made for everyone to play right away, my parents want to play tennis with me, if I needed to move the characters, I doubt they would play. Tennis games will come and go and you'll be able to do that. Online is a bummer though.

Jeez what a bunch of whining maggots we've got on here! it's a free game it's not costing you anthing - when was the last time a launch console was packaged with a game?.............................. exactly, ages ago!

It's a bit of fun - I don't see it being groundbreaking but like I said it's free so stop the moaning.

hmmmmm maybe I've been a bit harsh - damn well now I've offended everyone I better brace for impact - batton down the hatches! :laughing:

Jeez what a bunch of whining maggots we've got on here! it's a free game it's not costing you anthing - when was the last time a launch console was packaged with a game?.............................. exactly, ages ago!

It's a bit of fun - I don't see it being groundbreaking but like I said it's free so stop the moaning.

hmmmmm maybe I've been a bit harsh - damn well now I've offended everyone I better brace for impact - batton down the hatches! :laughing:

Although not a full game, DS was packaged with Metroid Prime Hunters. Had a good level to play, and the multiplayer modes were good too so it made a very long lasting demo.

QFT!!!

You took the words out of my mouth.

So if people bash you they need to bash me aswell now. Dammit :indeed: