N-Europe

What we still don't know

Charlie

So we know just about everything about the Wii now. I know somebody made a thread a month or so ago saying all the things we don't know yet about the Wii, I've been looking for that but couldn't find it.

What we still don't know:

Official game prices? Nintendo said £35-£40, but stores don't really know yet.

On-screen keyboard, we haven't see how that works, I suppose its just point and click but some confirmation would be nice.

European Launch line-up.

What else do we still need to find out?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any free gifts with Twilight Princess? (a la Ocarina with Wind Waker)

Virtual Console line up

An actual confirmation for some Wiimakes

Can you save GC games to SD cards or the built in memory?

Can you back up existing GC saves onto the memory and SD cards?

Gifts/Bonuses with Twilight Princess? I say no.

However I am sure there will be some Tingle DS/Twilight Princess Wii interactivity wirelessly.. it was a failure on the Cube because the cable problem.

I think they'll work nicely together as a little advice system or something. Would also be an early attempt for Nintendo to bridge the relationship with the DS and Wii.

Personally I think 3rd party Wii games are going to be £29.99, Sega Europe for example has very competitive pricing for DS games and will certainly offer Super Monkey Ball at this price point.

However first party Nintendo games.. I think they're more likely to be £39.99 as there is a risk that any lower it might canibalise the DS game sales at full price £29.99

I'm sure however.. if you look at online retailers shortly after launch you'll find games between £24.99 and £34.99, with very little deviation from that price range.

As for Wiimakes, I'm not sure if there is the financial viability there? There are some great Cube titles which would bolster the Wii line up.. but how much would they charge? And what effect would it have on the charts and sales of newly published games?

It is the kind of thing that publishers would hate.. which is why I'm skeptical of any Wiimakes from third parties.

A classic collection from Nintendo? Sure why not..

The reason why we don't know line ups is because the line up is probably very up in the air.. disc production is bound to start about a month before the system launches.. so at that point Nintendo Europe will offer us a more concrete line up.

I don't think so personally.. Nintendo said it was dropped.

Matt C was onto the trail before it was announced.. seems pretty solid to me.

I was pretty bummed as it would have been nice, seeing as it's a quiet, small, low energy device that would mean I could just have that and a freeview box for University.

Plus the possibility of fast forward and rewinding with the Wiimote excited me.

I don't think so personally.. Nintendo said it was dropped.

Matt C was onto the trail before it was announced.. seems pretty solid to me.

I was pretty bummed as it would have been nice, seeing as it's a quiet, small, low energy device that would mean I could just have that and a freeview box for University.

Plus the possibility of fast forward and rewinding with the Wiimote excited me.

Yeh I wanted just the wii and freeview box and I would be set for uni. Now I have to bring a laptop which is crap for watching dvds as you have to position it right. Quite sad they dropped it tbh. :sad:

Personally I think 3rd party Wii games are going to be £29.99, Sega Europe for example has very competitive pricing for DS games and will certainly offer Super Monkey Ball at this price point.

However first party Nintendo games.. I think they're more likely to be £39.99 as there is a risk that any lower it might canibalise the DS game sales at full price £29.99

I'm sure however.. if you look at online retailers shortly after launch you'll find games between £24.99 and £34.99, with very little deviation from that price range.

1st party GameCube games were £30 at the GameCube launch and were all the way through the GameCube's life....