Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

Aussie

It looks terrible from this. :(

I wish Rare would not try incorporate other genres into the game like turning it into something dependent on vehicles (like how they almost tried to ruin Tooie with a heavy dependence on a FPS system).

I'm 100% certain now that this game would have done better if it was another proper Banjo game. Going around on a vehicle to accomplish tasks just isn't the same, and some of those levels look very plain.

I'm soo conflicted about this game! All I see is LEGOs and vehicles dunno if I want that, but it's Banjo... only not! Aaaagh! I'm sure it'll be good and I'll get it anyway.

Yep, this.

Also theres no denying how amazing this game looks visually.

Is it me or does that thing in the second to last screenshot above look slightly like something out of Pikmin? just figured how they are doing this "game globe" thing that a lot of the worlds will probably be parodies of other games.

^^^ Day 1 purchase for me, at first I questioned it but the more I see of it, the more it makes sense, I don't think it looks less Banjo-like as it still has that charm about it, plus you can still run, jump and climb around the worlds, just that you require the vehicles for many tasks.

Anyways like I've said i think it looks great but I just want to play it now. :/

GAH, why couldn't Rare just make a Banjo Kazooie game without the lego? everything looks great...and then....Ugh, I think I will wait for a while before even thinking of getting this game.

There are too many saying it 'looks' amazing, but in my opinion how it looks counts for only a small part. The general gist of the game seems to be driving around in a vehicle in maps that are overly-large (to compensate for traveling faster than someone who is on foot) with a mini-map required since everywhere is so big you'd get lost without one. I loved the classic compact feeling a level had in BK, where you could look around and see where to go. Not another game with GTA radar and outlined objectives while driving a vehicle. :/

Banjo games were never intended to be small though. That was down to technical limitations. BK2 was far bigger once they had a better handle on things.

And look how bad BT was compared to BK. They had to have warp pads to accomodate for the size of the levels, and size was by no means good. It just complicated things. Look at Grunty Industries. :/

In many cases BK did have size but in an organized manner. Click Clock Wood had the size in the way it rose from the ground (and you had to spiral up it), yet you could easily see where to go. It also had the extra size in the sense of season changing and then being able to explore different areas.

There's nothing wrong with making smaller, better levels but more of them. If you look at some of the large maps in BT they are mostly full of shit with some important areas of interest...basically filler to span it out.

If they made another "standard" platformer then there is no way it would have lived up to the original. The thing I love about this if that it can be seen as a different game, rather than a bog-standard sequel.

This looks fantastic in it's own way.

I love how in this, player skill is not necessesarily quauntified by dexterity and more by creativity and ingenuity. Looks like it could be a alot of fun with a group of mates, trying to best each other's highscores with their own contraptions. If this game lives up to the potential, it wiill be a fresh addition to my 360 cataloualgue at the very east (with this and Viva, it looks to be a return to form for Rare).

Is anyone else worried that building vehicles might be a complicated and eventually boring task? I always get bored of things like tuning cars in forza/gt, or making custom rollercoasters in RCT. Hopefully there'll be some kind of auto quick build features like in Pure.