Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Death Note is pretty grim :woops:. Half of me can't wait to see how it unfolds, but half of me is worried it's only going to get worse - since so many people who read the manga said it gets dull... :hmm:

I stopped reading at the midpoint, i should finish it to be honest, hmmm, thats something i should do till friday.

Is this official (guessing not but hey): hxxp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Studio-Ghibli-12-ENG-DUB-movies.......

"Region Free"

Sounds like dodgy, Hong Kong press to me. :(

On the topic of death note - I'm liking this anime quite a bit. I'd rather not read the manga, since to me that feels like reading the script. I guess I just have a much greater preference for anime TV series than manga.

Hmm anime thread huh...

anime is okay, though it cant hold a candle to manga

some random favorites:

Fantastic Children

Totoro

Gankutsuou

Champloo

Paradise Kiss and Beck (same director)

Mindgame and Kemonozume (ditto)

Hanada Shonen-shi

Black Lagoon

Shin-chan :D

Picked up a book called Animation Art which is a fairly comprehensive history of animation (it doesn't go into detail in each section, but has a broad range which you can dip into and obviously look at more elsewhere) becasue I may do an essay regarding anime.

Whats the best Studio Ghilibi film? Might just ask a friend to get me for christmas one, but not say which (except Spirited Away which I have).

Picked up a book called Animation Art which is a fairly comprehensive history of animation (it doesn't go into detail in each section, but has a broad range which you can dip into and obviously look at more elsewhere) becasue I may do an essay regarding anime.

Whats the best Studio Ghilibi film? Might just ask a friend to get me for christmas one, but not say which (except Spirited Away which I have).

I really like Princess Mononoke.

By the way, Ghibli can get you hooked on anime. You buy spirited away because it looks interesting, and the next thing you know you're translating a doujin visual novel from Japanese...

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!