Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you're becoming so wapanese :heh: sneaking all these japanese words in :indeed:

日本語を話してほしいなら、君はもっと努力すべきだ。 :heh:

Seriously though guys, don't use random romanized Japanese words unless you want to come across as some sort of crazed fanboy. :wink:

OSSHARU THAT TO WATASHI NO FACE ONLINE JA NAI FUCKERS AND MITE WHAT HAPPENS!!

(hey don't take it seriously :grin:)

Hahaha! Blue_Ninja, weeaboo extraordinaire!

Edit: yeah, that was the only thing I could read.

After some research, 日本語 means nihongo. Now I know how to pronounce the kanji for day, but what's the last one?

Apparently 語 means word.

日本語を話してほしいなら、君はもっと努力すべきだ。 :heh:

Seriously though guys, don't use random romanized Japanese words unless you want to come across as some sort of crazed fanboy. :wink:

Fanboy ja ne!!!!!!!!!!

ORE WA KAWAII, NEE-CHAN.

(Using random Japanese words hoping to make sense is awesome :D)

Also, Coolness Bear, you're going so freaking quickly you're scaring me.

Sou ka!? Kisama, eu vou buttobasu your hikari out!!

I just mixed 3 languages in that sentence. What are you going to do now?:rolleyes:

(But seriously, we better stop this. And I don't know what serifu means in that context. Enlighten me please.)

Lol, with a metaphor that only works in one of the languages (unless it works in Portuguese, which I doubt). Serifu in that context means line, as in, "that's my line!"

日本語ができなかったら、話せない言葉を使うな。日本語を学習してる人々、例えばぼくとスーパーグランチ、はそれが大嫌いだぞ。ウィーアブーやろう... (ハハ、なぜこれが分からないやつに伝えるのが知らない...)

Also, Coolness Bear, you're going so freaking quickly you're scaring me.

Hehe, I have a lot of time on my hands. :p I get all my work done in the morning and then I have the rest of the day to do nothing. (Watch One Piece) and other things.

Plus at the moment it is my half term so I'm not at school. When I go back I won't be able to watch as many!

Today I don't think I'll get to many watch. :)

After some research, 日本語 means nihongo. Now I know how to pronounce the kanji for day, but what's the last one?

Apparently 語 means word.

Well no, you know that 日 is pronounced ni in that context, and it actually means sun there rather than day. Language is perhaps a more accurate general gloss for 語 than word.

日本語ができなかったら、話せない言葉を使うな。日本語を学習してる人々、例えばぼくとスーパーグランチ、はそれが大嫌いだぞ。ウィーアブーやろう... (ハハ、なぜこれが分からないやつに伝えるのが知らない...)

そうだ。でもいつもあきらめない。特に、分かれる語をぼくたちがしゃべらないwwwww まあね、もしかしたらあいつらがウィーアブーを聞こえるってこと知るよね。 :heh:

you're becoming so wapanese :heh: sneaking all these japanese words in :indeed:

Wapanese my arse. If I was Wapanese, I'd be calling my brothers "Onii-chan" instead of the usual "Lanky streak of piss", "fat bastard", "shitehawk" and the collective term of "shower of shit". :indeed:

Not only that. If I was to become Wapanese I'd still remain awfully rather British about the whole thing, old chap.

I did try saying "Kuso!" and "Baka!" for a while. But they just didn't have the same impact as "Bollocks to it!" and "Wanker!" do. So expect me to throw in random English cursewords if I become able to speak fluent Japanese.

Trying to translate Villan's sig:

itsumademo asuton vira!

Forever Aston Villa?

Yep. As "Villa 'til I die" can't be translated into Japanese because it's an "idiomatic phrase". (As Grunch said.)

Finished watching Afro Samurai last night....loved it...what can I watch thats similar that I might enjoy? Not looking for anything too long or epic cos my viewing time is mostly taken up with lost at the mo. Played the demo of the game and actually looking forward to it.

You can check out some of my view the series and the as part of my new blog and a great new feature called Dual Boot;

http://lethargicgamers.wordpress.com/2009/02/22/dual-boot-afro-samurai/

Give it a read and leave us some comments! Shameless plug I know but what the hell...

Hahaha! Blue_Ninja, weeaboo extraordinaire!

Edit: yeah, that was the only thing I could read.

Apparently 語 means word.

I think 日本語 is probably the first Kanji anyone learns since it's written on the front of all the books ;)

The first one I learnt was "Yama" (Can't write it.)

Learnt it from Shenmue. There's a place in it called Yamanose.

sweeeeet, kanji practice on n-e - this is good for me! Yama, means mountain, 3 vertical lines above a horizontal line.

Lies. The first I learnt were part of 継続は力なり and 見ぬが花 :heh:
... I dont know these though :/ the second one says something about... umm... seeing a flower? (not seeing a flower?)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!