Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

About the clones, you're not getting it: it's just physicall because the clones are only there when he's training, not when he finished up his training for the day and talks to his friends or goes out to have dinner or whatever... he's getting 1000 times the physicall training but he's only getting 1x life experience. Got it?

As for the rest, I'm not complaining about the story, I'm complaining about the character... I'm not expecting him to change overnight, I'm expecting him to evolve, as a character! I hate to say it, but I'm beggining to agree with everybody that Naruto's the worst thing about Naruto.

If you want him to grow as a character your gonna have to wait a while.

Anyways, what was with that stupid woman, God damn are they back to filler already?

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved #12,

so full of emotion and sadness. I was struggling to hold back the tears by the end of it ;_;

I forgot all about Yoshino having been some famous rock star, as Youhei pointed out in the first series (and showing him at school playing a guitar in ep5.), so when they showed his story I just went "Oh, yeah. Huh, forgot all about that."

Also, the music that played when Yoshino started crying in front of Kouko; that music is just so beautiful. It plays in the most emotional parts of the show and it always moves me whenever I hear it.

About the clones, you're not getting it: it's just physicall because the clones are only there when he's training, not when he finished up his training for the day and talks to his friends or goes out to have dinner or whatever... he's getting 1000 times the physicall training but he's only getting 1x life experience. Got it?

As for the rest, I'm not complaining about the story, I'm complaining about the character... I'm not expecting him to change overnight, I'm expecting him to evolve, as a character! I hate to say it, but I'm beggining to agree with everybody that Naruto's the worst thing about Naruto.

Of course I get it, but he still gets more than just physical experience, he gets er... intelligence experience (you know what I mean), obviously he doesn't get like experience, but like dom said that happens over the course of years.

And yes, I disagree with you, Naruto is a surprising character that's not completly badass and the uber, perfect fighter, the story doesn't revolve just around him and that's what makes him and the story interesting as far as long running stories can go. People just want him to suddenly get incredibly strong, incredibly, inteligent, etc etc.

Dom, seems like it, but if it makes the next arc as high quality overall as the next one, they're more than welcome.

From what I understand Naruto is gaining the combined knowledge of how to perform the technique but at the cost of multiplied fatigue. So you could say he is getting mental experience and physical experience (if he is getting more fatigued I'd imagine he's getting more exercise too).

Indeed. The training is pushing his mind aswell as his body. Anything one clone learns, he learns, so having loads of clones learning and dispersing the jutsu, he takes in all the knowledge and passes out from the mental stress. Physically, his body doesn't change at all, this is pretyt much all mental training, he's taking all the knowledge and experience of every clone, and taking it all himself so having 1000 training for 1 hour, is theoretically giviing him 1000 hours training. This should of got explained around when he started by Kakashi teaching him the clone trick.

Arg, neither of you is getting it. The training is leaving his "fitness" unbalanced with his personality! The training with the clones gives every single thing that he would normally gain training by himself x 1000. Right?

BUT, he gets the life training at 1x speed, because he doesn't have 1000 clones hanging around when he's talking to friends and generally leading a normal life. In order for the training to improve his maturity as well, he would have to always have 1000 clones released except when sleeping, and they all had to go around co-existing with friends (on their own) and havng dinner and exploring their feelings and so on. The point I've been trying to make from the start is that everyday he was getting 1000 days of training and 1 day of social life. And one of the major standards is martial arts training is that the body and the mind must be one! Speed training doesn't work because you're not learning to live at the same rate you're learning how to fight.

As for the rest, and this doesn't need spoilers, Naruto (the character) stopped being interesting a long while ago, he's always pushing the same key, his character never seems to move further, he's stuck back at episode #1 (except now he's a little less loud)! While ytou see everyone around him growing up and shaping up to their adult-selves, Naruto never evolves. Lonely childhood, needs validation. That's pretty much it! I don't want him to be baddass, I don't want him to be a uber fighter (although he IS) and yes, the story is still interesting, but he (the character) is just plain dull. He's only there to link all the other character together... he's pretty much like Son Goku, a stale character who gets stronger but never changes... and like it as you may, that's bad character development, not so much in DBZ (where the characters are almost all like that), but in Naruto, where he stands out negatively, as the other characters are much more interesting than he is. I mean, look at FMA, Ed Elric has evolved 10x more as a character in 1 year than Naruto has in... what is it, almost 5 years (storyline years, I mean)? Na, I love Naruto, but the character Naruto is starting to get on my nerves, really.

The point I've been trying to make from the start is that everyday he was getting 1000 days of training and 1 day of social life.

I believe this can be explained quite easily. This is a make-believe anime and techniques don't need to factor in every side effect that you'd expect to occur.

I believe this can be explained quite easily. This is a make-believe anime and techniques don't need to factor in every side effect that you'd expect to occur.

Seconded. Was about to say this when I saw you posted it.

Its not real, this isn't real martial arts as far as I know.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

BUGGYYYYYYYYY AND CROCODILE!!!!!

I can't believe this, its like all that was behind had the purpose to make this exact war, its becoming seriously epic.

I just can't wait to have Crocodile back, and i'm loving the tag team of Luffy and Buggy ^^

To those who are a little behind in One Piece, JUST FREAKING READ UNTIL THE LAST CHAPTER, ITS GETTING AWESOME!!!

So I watched the first episode of Ergo Proxy on the recommendation of my friend. It looked interesting.

Only a small semblance of having any idea what went on...kinda odd. I like the style in some ways. Nothing particularly revolutionary imo...just seemed like a retread of the Blade Runner "our robots are rebelling!" schtick.

hmm, my friend recommended me against it, he reckoned it was slick for the sake of being slick. You think its worth a watch Paj?

Well at some point I'll watch some more, but right now it's not love at first sight. :indeed:

Just watch Blade Runner...same story (so far, I give everything a chance).

Shounen Sunday X Shounen Magazine Fighter (PSP)

74291120081227_033103_0_small.jpg

Fighters:

Negi Springfield and Asuna Kagurazaka of Negima!

Natsu Dragonil of Fairy Tail

Shinichi Mechazawa of Cromartie High School

Inu Yasha of Inu Yasha

Kenichi Shirahama of History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi

Ippo Makunouchi of Hajime no Ippo

Ikki Minami of Air Gear

Yoshimori Sumimura of Kekkaishi

Kaoru Akashi, Aoi Nogami, and Shiho Sannomiya of Zettai Karen Children

Hayate Ayasaki of Hayate the Combat Butler

Finally find me self the subs for the fifth Hellsing ultimate which apparently came out a week ago which is about a month after it was released RAW...

Well at some point I'll watch some more, but right now it's not love at first sight. :indeed:

Just read Blade Runner...same story (so far, I give everything a chance).

I´m not one for correction but I felt like I had too.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!