Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

lol trinity blood.

Damn bastards licensed it just before last episode was going to be aired, slick corporate tossers. Anyway cos of exams i had only watched up to ep4 and when i heard it was licensed i couldnt be bothered to watch the rest. It didnt really keep me wanting for more.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno if this counts as anime, but I'll post it anyway seeing as it's a bit related.

Just finished watching Final Fantasy Advent Chlidren. It's really spectacular, story is a bit weak but the fighting is awesome. I've never played FF7 ( but know some like Cloud, Tifa and Sephiroth... the usual ) and could follow the story fine though :)

Definate recommendation by me :D

Btw; a quick show of hands; how many of you only watch fansubs/bootlegged dvds?

I get the impression that this is the trend for most in this thread. I shy away from fansubs/copies for the most part, which is why I haven't seen the likes of Trinity Blood(can't wait for the R1 release) Speed Grapher, the end of FMA....

Btw; a quick show of hands; how many of you only watch fansubs/bootlegged dvds?

I watch both. I prefer fansubs to keep up to date on new series or stuff that isn't likely to be licenced (Unless I've missed something, BECK's never going to be dubbed), but I also appreciate a good dub job. I just bought the Gundam 0080 boxset today.

I like to get fansubs to keep up to date and see what new anime series are like, and if i really like the series i'll note it down for me to buy it on dvd when i start earning money.

I've only bought 2 bootlegged volumes for One Piece because it was a big series that was already licensed and wanted to see what it was like.

I don't really watch anime's, I have some on VHS I bought but apart from that I couldn't really be bothere with the whole thing.

I prefer reading manga's though, because not every good manga get's an animated series.

Some good ones I started collecting:

- Lyn3

I haven't gotten far enough to tell something about the story but it seems very promising and the artwork is stunning.

- Exaxxion (or gun/cannon god exaxxion I believe)

An alien race has made contact with us humans, and under the pretence of living together in harmony and sharing technology they live among us. On the tenth aniversary of their arrival they claim the earth as theirs and thus rule our planet. One man, a scientist who discovered alien technology that was burried somewhere on earth is standing up to them with technology at least as advanced as theirs.

I really love this one, the artwork is amazing, as is the story (allthough it's a bit cliché). It's from the same guy that did gunsmith cats.

I could go on, but these are the ones I enjoy the most for now.

Im watching Bleach and naruto at the moment.

Looking for other animes to get into.

Bleach is my fav so far. And yea it started off average but then got really good all of a sudden and just gets better and better.

Is the new mai hime out?

Ah quite a few animes animes i've watched have been mentioned but as we speak the ones i'm actively watching are; Rurouni Kenshin, Naruto, Gundam Seed Destiny and Gundam X.

I've nearly ended Kenshin now, been watching it for a while since a friend fell in love with the series, and i must admit i've quite liked the often light hearted show, the fights kick ass and the historical setting seems so thoroughly researched you can't help but admire it. Naruto is same as most people really loving the show, and the game even more.

Most the animes i have watched have been mentioned already, Mai Hime, Cowboy Bebop, not sure if Escaflowne was mentioned though loved that show too. After i finish Gundam X (something i started watching ages ago but never finished) i plan on freeing up space and getting either Bleach or FMA.

If I was Jordan I'd throw a few links at you, but I'm not :)

I heard that it'd be out in spring 2006 (I might be mistaken, my memory is shoddy for certain things (especially dates :red: ))

yea i heard spring 2006 as well, what we can definitely say is that its not out NOW :grin:

Mai-Otome(or mai-Zhime), as it'll be called, is due for release on Japanese screens on 6th October. Sunrise are pretty good at sticking to release dates, so I would take this as more or likely the definitive date.

The DVDs will probably start showing up in Japan aroun January 2006(but I doubt anyone actually cares).

Only one response to my 'is bootlegging your main form of anime exposure' question....

Ah quite a few animes animes i've watched have been mentioned but as we speak the ones i'm actively watching are; Rurouni Kenshin, Naruto, Gundam Seed Destiny and Gundam X.

I've nearly ended Kenshin now, been watching it for a while since a friend fell in love with the series, and i must admit i've quite liked the often light hearted show, the fights kick ass and the historical setting seems so thoroughly researched you can't help but admire it. Naruto is same as most people really loving the show, and the game even more.

Most the animes i have watched have been mentioned already, Mai Hime, Cowboy Bebop, not sure if Escaflowne was mentioned though loved that show too. After i finish Gundam X (something i started watching ages ago but never finished) i plan on freeing up space and getting either Bleach or FMA.

Gundam X is easily my favourite series of anything ever. I just think it's a shame it was cut short by 11 episodes.

Mai-Otome(or mai-Zhime), as it'll be called, is due for release on Japanese screens on 6th October. Sunrise are pretty good at sticking to release dates, so I would take this as more or likely the definitive date.

The DVDs will probably start showing up in Japan aroun January 2006(but I doubt anyone actually cares).

Only one response to my 'is bootlegging your main form of anime exposure' question....

Indeed, i have no idea why its being called Mai-Otome. Mai probably isn't going to appear in it at all. The new main character is called Akira, just like that girl from the last season. Mikoto is now a cat (for some strange reason) and Tate is now a girl if i remember rightly. In terms of the manga, it seems alot more ecchi but i doubt that will make it over the the anime since the story is totally different in terms of Mai-HiME's manga and anime.

But we shall see.

I said usually. The general rule is that most will be pretty bad compared to the original, simply because the original was rose-tinted to fuck and of course because they changed aspects fans would have preferred left alone.

Hell, I pretty much know an Evangelion sequel would most likely suck, but I'd still lap every drop up if GAiNAX saw fit to milk the cash cow a little more. I want few things more than some form of new Evangelion. Make it so, GAiNAX, make it so.

Whilst we're on the subject, which anime do we all think has the best background music? Tsubasa Chronicle has some amazing background themes, and Evangelion is of course full of memorable, upbeat and downright chilling instrumental and vocal tracks. I'll always hold a soft spot for DragonBall Z's catchy battle themes and jingles, and who could forget the excellent Tenchi Muyo Ryoko theme? NOBOOOODDDDDY!!

I think the Pokémon series has some great music, partly because they lifted the majority of it straight from the GameBoy games and gave it a bit of an overhaul. Naruto? Check. Some amazing pieces of music in Naruto. CardCaptor Sakura had great intro songs as well as some very nice "captured card" music in the earlier part of the series... wow, I can find something I like in most anime, but music plays a big part.

So which anime can you recommend me some music from?

You watched episode 49 cheapshot. Brilliant describes it in one word!

Dr Kong; Fullmetal Alchemist is one of my favourite shows, even though I only bought the first two volumes last month(and thus the first 8 episodes). Volumes 3-5 will be coming next week in my monthly anime order, so I should have more to say about it then. All I have to say is that I very nearly cried during episode 7; The Chimera's Cry

Aww :aww:

Yeah, its quite emotional!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!