Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The naruto special was fucking awesome, but the next one? Uck. What the hell is with all those zombies? I'm not expecting Orochimaru to be the only one with ressurection jutsu, but this is ridiculous.

Oh yeah! The zombies! I forgot about that. What the hell? If they almost don't move, the army of Jounin/Chuunin should be able to wipe them out in 0,32 seconds.

WTF! at this loli fanservice anime. :shakehead

So that's where this is from:

Clicky

67dab89170650.gif

So that means Pearl Harbor was attacked by dozens of half-naked flying lolis with no pants? No wonder they got nuked.

It was a serious threat.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So that's where this is from:

Clicky

67dab89170650.gif

So that means Pearl Harbor was attacked by dozens of half-naked flying lolis with no pants? No wonder they got nuked.

It was a serious threat.

Pantsu.

Where to start, it was all somewhat expected until I scrolled down to the bit with missile legs and their image model. I also like how the American loli has to fit the big boobs stereotype they have over there. Anyway I hope the Germans win in this time.

Naruto manga was pretty good this week

God damn the lightning country looks awesome, It was about time something in Naruto looked that way, although I still prefer the industrial look of the Rain village (I always will, Industrial = awesome. Piercings = awesome)

Also the Bleach manga this week was highly cheesy, just go on hiatus forever Tite Kubo, the story will always be the same.

Cant wait for sundays fix of Geass..

WTF?

I just flipped the channel over to the music channel "Scuzz" and Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig was on

When did Scuzz start showing anime?

About a month ago.

It seems like CSC, who own Scuzz and AnimeCentral, are using up their licence that they have for GitS by showing it on Scuzz.

I wager that they'll show Cowboy Bebop when the GitS run ends.

There is a huge debate (amongst all the shitty spam) that's been ongoing on the AnimeCentral forum about if the channel is dying or not.

As they've been only showing GitS and Cowboy Bebop since March, plus other stuff, including CSC having said nothing since April, people believe the channel will be gone soon. (Which will be a shame imo, as it will show that anime can't really cut it in the UK market.)

About a month ago.

It seems like CSC, who own Scuzz and AnimeCentral, are using up their licence that they have for GitS by showing it on Scuzz.

I wager that they'll show Cowboy Bebop when the GitS run ends.

There is a huge debate (amongst all the shitty spam) that's been ongoing on the AnimeCentral forum about if the channel is dying or not.

As they've been only showing GitS and Cowboy Bebop since March, plus other stuff, including CSC having said nothing since April, people believe the channel will be gone soon. (Which will be a shame imo, as it will show that anime can't really cut it in the UK market.)

Apparently they are looking at their options and the actual channel Anime Central will be gone, but replaced by a new one that will have a mix of Anime and some other cartoons so they have a wider audience so that they can get more revenue from advertisements.

I knew ever since it started that the times it was on for and how little advertisements I saw it wasnt gonna last. They could of atleast shown plenty of reruns of FMA, I want to watch through that again.

Apparently they are looking at their options and the actual channel Anime Central will be gone, but replaced by a new one that will have a mix of Anime and some other cartoons so they have a wider audience so that they can get more revenue from advertisements.

I knew ever since it started that the times it was on for and how little advertisements I saw it wasnt gonna last. They could of atleast shown plenty of reruns of FMA, I want to watch through that again.

This new channel will be called True Entertainment, and they believe that AnimeCentral will become a late-night slot on the new channel.

It did look as though AC was set to stay when they started airing third-party ads in November. But I don't know whether it was the silly scheduling of showing a new episode each day, or if purchasing the licence for GI Joe (ya rly) cost just too much money, or for other reasons, is why AC is going under.

This does annoy me. The fact that there was a channel in the UK that was specifically for anime, people still bitched that they weren't showing anything decent (So many threads on the forum were made that began with "I want Naruto"). It was just so bloody irritating. :nono:

This new channel will be called True Entertainment, and they believe that AnimeCentral will become a late-night slot on the new channel.

It did look as though AC was set to stay when they started airing third-party ads in November. But I don't know whether it was the silly scheduling of showing a new episode each day, or if purchasing the licence for GI Joe (ya rly) cost just too much money, or for other reasons, is why AC is going under.

This does annoy me. The fact that there was a channel in the UK that was specifically for anime, people still bitched that they weren't showing anything decent (So many threads on the forum were made that began with "I want Naruto"). It was just so bloody irritating. :nono:

Ah that is annoying, seems like all the kids who dont know any better about the industry fail to realise some one else has the license.

Its a shame, but no anime specific channel's will survive here. The ones in the states are gone I think due to ADV's snowball of a financial situation.

Ah that is annoying, seems like all the kids who dont know any better about the industry fail to realise some one else has the license.

Its a shame, but no anime specific channel's will survive here. The ones in the states are gone I think due to ADV's snowball of a financial situation.

Yeah, ADV's gone down the shitpan lately. They've had to discontinue certain anime.

I've seen people moan when an anime gets licensed, because it means that the websites can no longer post the vids of that anime on their page. And I've seen lots of people go all up in arms and say stupid things like "Licensors should all die!", because they would all rather download anime for free rather than actually help the industry by buying the DVDs. It's just stupid.

Yeah, ADV's gone down the shitpan lately. They've had to discontinue certain anime.

I've seen people moan when an anime gets licensed, because it means that the websites can no longer post the vids of that anime on their page. And I've seen lots of people go all up in arms and say stupid things like "Licensors should all die!", because they would all rather download anime for free rather than actually help the industry by buying the DVDs. It's just stupid.

Yeah I agree, licensing itself is expensive, and getting them rated here is also expensive, its a lose/lose situation, I can understand why people wont pay for a £20 dvd with just 4 episodes, I've been reluctant to do so myself, which isnt helpful.

Although, people like myself seem to wait for the dvd's to be lower in price, like every volume of FMA now is only a tenner, and thats acceptable, £20 is just way too much, especially in there times where every fucking thing is expensive.

Time gap is another factor, although Manga Entertainment with Naruto have been alright lately, its now getting stupid again as they still havent updated their license to sell Naruto as they are currently only allowed to sell 104 episodes, so its gone slow again, surely they should of seen the success earlier and made a move?

Blah, I can see why people hate licensing, but they should understand that their actions will directly affect the creators, not just the licensors. Long rant..

Yeah I agree, licensing itself is expensive, and getting them rated here is also expensive, its a lose/lose situation, I can understand why people wont pay for a £20 dvd with just 4 episodes, I've been reluctant to do so myself, which isnt helpful.

Although, people like myself seem to wait for the dvd's to be lower in price, like every volume of FMA now is only a tenner, and thats acceptable, £20 is just way too much, especially in there times where every fucking thing is expensive.

Time gap is another factor, although Manga Entertainment with Naruto have been alright lately, its now getting stupid again as they still havent updated their license to sell Naruto as they are currently only allowed to sell 104 episodes, so its gone slow again, surely they should of seen the success earlier and made a move?

Blah, I can see why people hate licensing, but they should understand that their actions will directly affect the creators, not just the licensors. Long rant..

I wouldn't pay £20 for a volume either. Haruhi, for instance, is being released in 4 volumes here, and they're about £20 each.

However, as much as I loved Haruhi, I'm waiting until they go down in price or a boxset comes out.

Licensors are seen as bad by the unthinking majority. But they just need to get it through their heads that licensors are helping the creators, whereas downloading it for free bloody well isn't. But they won't listen. :indeed:

Guest Maase

OH MY GOD!!!

I've been seeing Macross Frontier since its first episode (don't know if anyone of you have done the same)

Call me gay, whatever, but i heard this song... BEST SONG EVER!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFJoOnKGmQg

Anyway, Soul Eater is great, its even funnier in the Anime than in the Manga, this last episode was awesome.

So i've been snooping around about this whole FMA buisness to see, even if slightly, there's a chance it's true. And to be honest i'm fairly sure it is, and it will be the manga.

Looking about it seems that the manga will be finishing soon. Currently there's 84/85 chapters now with people thinking the manga is in it's final arc since it's leading up to "the promised day" and will be done before the 100 mark (Oct 09). This goes with Hiromu saying she was going to finish the manga around the 80 chapter mark.

So if the anime is based from it, and we go with my prediction of 60 episodes, the last lot of chapters, add more episodes(about an ep a chapter), so say another 12 eps, that's nearly a year and a half worth of anime, which will be a fair bit after Oct 09 assuming it ends around then.

That means plenty of material, proper ending and much more FMA and all the more reason a sequal to anime is likely :D

So i've been snooping around about this whole FMA buisness to see, even if slightly, there's a chance it's true. And to be honest i'm fairly sure it is, and it will be the manga.

Looking about it seems that the manga will be finishing soon. Currently there's 84/85 chapters now with people thinking the manga is in it's final arc since it's leading up to "the promised day" and will be done before the 100 mark (Oct 09). This goes with Hiromu saying she was going to finish the manga around the 80 chapter mark.

So if the anime is based from it, and we go with my prediction of 60 episodes, the last lot of chapters, add more episodes(about an ep a chapter), so say another 12 eps, that's nearly a year and a half worth of anime, which will be a fair bit after Oct 09 assuming it ends around then.

That means plenty of material, proper ending and much more FMA and all the more reason a sequal to anime is likely :D

Yeah its a logical choice, FMA was very succesful for bones, I'd be suprised if they arent jumping on board. I'd give it atleast two years from now to be airing though.

Rumour has it Soul Eater will be fully adapted from its manga story line in its anime thats airing now, apparently Bones had made a deal quite a while ago with the Mangaka so it could of been delayed for the reason so the manga would see its end adapted soon after in anime form. Then again, this is doubtful as the manga has started to crawl along, it needs to get good again.

Finished Lucky Star yesterday. It was a good laugh, specially the nerdy jokes.

The endings with Shiraishi Minoru where a blast. The guy's crazy. And his version of the Mikuru music is awesome.

Ah the last few Lucky Star endings are amazing. Its a great series.

Slayers Revolution Episode 2 <3 <3 <3

I love the pipsqueak.

Agreed! :D

I've been watching Slayers revolution having not watched Slayers before I'm really enjoying it! :grin:

I love Pokota! :yay:

DRAGON SLAVE!!!

I also watched Strike Witches. :o Pretty fun. ^_____^ not as bad or full of fanservice as people think. In fact episode 2 barely had any and focused on the story which was good. :)

Ooh I also noticed Pokota's voice actor is the same as Black Stars from Soul Eater.

I've also FINALLY finished Ergo Proxy which was a very good anime, I really enjoyed it. : peace:

I've also FINALLY finished Ergo Proxy which was a very good anime, I really enjoyed it. : peace:

Glad to know you enjoyed it! Very odd series, but the last episode was all worth it and was a very good ending to it with very little loose ends.

I've only got Volume 1 of the DVD so far, shall pick up the rest soon.

Glad to know you enjoyed it! Very odd series, but the last episode was all worth it and was a very good ending to it with very little loose ends.

I've only got Volume 1 of the DVD so far, shall pick up the rest soon.

Yes agree it was an odd Series, but I've gotten much more used to Anime over the few years I've been watching it properly so i'm not as suprised as I used to be. :) Like in FMA when they fuse the girl and the dog together to make a chimari and then it gets blasted against the wall by Scar that shocked me a fair bit.

Oh yeah and the final episode of Ergo Proxy was top notch!

I also need to buy more anime on DVD but it's so expensive. >___< I've only ever bought 3 voulmes....

I want to get The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. :D I think Death Note is good for it's price as it at east has 8 episodes might get that soon.

At least I buy Manga. :)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!