Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stefkov
Are you for real? You didn't get it?

Well obviously not if I'm asking. I thought that when asking a question you usually get an aswer that helps the asker of that question.

All I'm seeing is a cult of people in the mountains with candle probably praying to Kira. A woman I don't recognise saying Kira is their saviour.

She has the eyes...? This mean that Light became a Shinigami and gave some woman the Death Note? Ryuk wanting some more fun?

Started watching Eureka 7, kind of a Mecha Anime by Bones. It's a very coming of age kind of tale but generally the story is pretty wishy washy. It's got an interesting edge to the mecha idea as it's all based on sky surfing on "Trapar", this magical wind stuff, and all of the characters are kind of skatery-surfer people in the way they dress. The collection of personalities is quite cool and the crew on the ship do feel like a family to the main character.

Anyone else seen this?

Started watching Eureka 7, kind of a Mecha Anime by Bones. It's a very coming of age kind of tale but generally the story is pretty wishy washy. It's got an interesting edge to the mecha idea as it's all based on sky surfing on "Trapar", this magical wind stuff, and all of the characters are kind of skatery-surfer people in the way they dress. The collection of personalities is quite cool and the crew on the ship do feel like a family to the main character.

Anyone else seen this?

I have seen Eureka 7! I really enjoyed it! :grin:

I thought the story was very engrossing and complex and got me really involved in it getting me to think about different aspects of life. It has some great twists in it to and excellent mecha fights also!

I thought the animation was beautiful and the characters have real depth to them which gradually got built on through out the series.

I felt myself become emotionally attached to them as well and you actually care what happens to them! I found that the series can get very sad and i had a tear to my eye a few times!

Although a long series i didn't find myself getting bored though for some it could drag. :)

I think it is an Awesome Show!!! :awesome: Go Watch It!

Well obviously not if I'm asking. I thought that when asking a question you usually get an aswer that helps the asker of that question.

All I'm seeing is a cult of people in the mountains with candle probably praying to Kira. A woman I don't recognise saying Kira is their saviour.

She has the eyes...? This mean that Light became a Shinigami and gave some woman the Death Note? Ryuk wanting some more fun?

You're looking at it the wrong way. It means that even though light died, his legacy lives on.

Guest Stefkov

You're looking at it the wrong way. It means that even though light died, his legacy lives on.

I would have thought that obvious, no-one can simply just forget about him. I thought there was something extra in there, like Light actually became a Shinigami came down and wanted to see his job carried on so he 'dropped' a Death Note.

The whole in the mountains though confuses me, it was a worldwide following, people out in the open saying they said Light was God etc. Now they just go walking in the mountains like they're a small cult of people who have been exiled from normal life?

Jamba Eureka Seven is a very good anime. Coolness Bears has summed it up for me really. I got attached to the story and it affected me after watching it. In the end you just move on and watch another anime and forget the feelings you had towards it.

Guest Maase

Well, im gonna start seeing some anime :P

But im obsessed by seeing in the start, so, im gonna do it like this, im gonna to this topic allways, and when i see somebody talking about some new Anime, then i'l begin to see that anime, im so genius ^^ :P

Anyone else seen this?

Welcome to last year :heh: it was massively popular around here, several people had a sig of it, including me... got a t-shirt/manga/soundtrack/dvd boxset lying around somewhere too. Really fantastic series.

I would have thought that obvious, no-one can simply just forget about him. I thought there was something extra in there, like Light actually became a Shinigami came down and wanted to see his job carried on so he 'dropped' a Death Note.

What I meant by legacy wasn't that "he was remembered", because he was obviously impossible to forget, much like a version of Hitler who believed in justice. Anyway, what I meant by legacy is that besides having followers, he most likely had successors. But the thought that he became a Shinigami and dropped a Death Note himself is revoltingly corny and cliché. I refuse to believe such is what the author intended to imply. That completely ruins the poetic element of the story. Now, he wasn't the first or the last human to hold a Death Note... it's very likely that a new contender had emerged, and seeing the way the Light changed the world, he paved the ground for many a number of followers. Wether or not they did something, is another story.

The whole in the mountains though confuses me, it was a worldwide following, people out in the open saying they said Light was God etc. Now they just go walking in the mountains like they're a small cult of people who have been exiled from normal life?

Obviously. As soon as he died, it was instantly tabu to worship him. And besides, without a Kira, who would "protect" and lead these worshippers. Not to mention that at least half of his previous followers were just too affraid to go against him and decided to join his supportes out of fear, or because they had sheep mentality.

After their "deity" passed on, there was nothing to fear, so only the true followers remained, wich were a minority.

Guest Stefkov

What I meant by legacy wasn't that "he was remembered", because he was obviously impossible to forget, much like a version of Hitler who believed in justice. Anyway, what I meant by legacy is that besides having followers, he most likely had successors. But the thought that he became a Shinigami and dropped a Death Note himself is revoltingly corny and cliché. I refuse to believe such is what the author intended to imply. That completely ruins the poetic element of the story. Now, he wasn't the first or the last human to hold a Death Note... it's very likely that a new contender had emerged, and seeing the way the Light changed the world, he paved the ground for many a number of followers. Wether or not they did something, is another story.

Obviously. As soon as he died, it was instantly tabu to worship him. And besides, without a Kira, who would "protect" and lead these worshippers. Not to mention that at least half of his previous followers were just too affraid to go against him and decided to join his supportes out of fear, or because they had sheep mentality.

After their "deity" passed on, there was nothing to fear, so only the true followers remained, wich were a minority.

Right then. Cheers for clearing it all up.

Guest Maase

kav82, Episode 22? The first season?

Seems recent to me, and if you like him, i guess i'l download the episodes ^^

Gonna wikipedia it :D

How can you spoil something so predictable? Seriously, the more I think about it, the more I realize just how bad the storywriting is in Bleach. :D

I wonder why I like it... oO

Well

That's what I realised when i read the spoiler o_O

But I love bleach ^_^

Just the fact that i KNOW the story, even tho it is terribly predictable, removes any chance of suspense :(

Even though it is a very little chance ;_;

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!