NEurope

Me and my flatmate watched Howl's Moving Castle last night. It sucked prime donkey balls. I'm not joking, it was shit.

You guys who haven't seen it HAVE to watch Samurai Champloo - I'm on Ep 18 and it's been mesmirising; the first Anime to have a "magical" feeling on me like playing Zelda OOT for the first time or something.

It absolutely shit-kicks Naruto and Bleach IMO, I can't believe I hadn't noticed it earlier.

i don't know OOT thing but its deffinitly more polished gem than your average anime. great watch along with a ending that was not FCuked up, well not nearly as FCuked up as most anime endings (well i like it) but some people thought it was stupid, it was not.

Me and my flatmate watched Howl's Moving Castle last night. It sucked prime donkey balls. I'm not joking, it was shit.

I thought it was rather good.

I think it's funny, I mean - he is just a kid after all, and kids say these things. Not only that but his own teammates make fun of it, proving that the dubbers themselves know the hilarity of it. Sure we'd prefer them to remain a little more sensible from time to time - but that doesn't mean I'm going to pretend that the Japanese which I can't understand at all sounds any better, or spend the whole time reading subtitles and missing the action.

Ermmm he does actually say something at the end of pretty much all his lines, but, it's really nothing like "Believe it!" Infact it means nothing really..... Oh and ermm as far as I can remember no one ever makes fun of it. o.o So yeah that's something nice added in for you guys or something. lol

Anyway that's not really my main problem with the dub..... It's a mass gathering of crapness that annoys me..... Believe it!

Ohhhh that's addicting.... =P

I need some anime movie recommendation. I have so far seen:

Akira

10 Ghibli films

Tokyo Godfathers

I'm going to download Ghost in the Shell 1-2 and Complex soon. Any recommendation for films? I've heard that Cowboy Bebop is good but I don't know if you have to have seen the series to be able to watch it. And is Steamboy any good?

You mean Pom Poko? Anyway, I can't get google video to work. I have downloaded the software.

You mean Pom Poko? Anyway, I can't get google video to work. I have downloaded the software.

probably,

oh yeah, green green tv. anyone heard of it, its like an anime version of american pie.

pom_poko.jpg

yes...WTF

Ack! Somebody help me! I can't find an Anime that matches Samurai Champloo, I'm getting a bit frustrated. I watched a few episodes of Evangelian and that was a bit meh... anyone know any of some great Anime?

I think my standards are too high now after I finished Champloo - It's one of those Anime you wish would last forever. :cry:

Ack! Somebody help me! I can't find an Anime that matches Samurai Champloo, I'm getting a bit frustrated. I watched a few episodes of Evangelian and that was a bit meh... anyone know any of some great Anime?

I think my standards are too high now after I finished Champloo - It's one of those Anime you wish would last forever. :cry:

read love hina manga, i wish that went on forever, i cried when it ended..

It's not THAT good, it has its moments.

And for anyone who cares, Naruto fillers will end in less than 3 weeks!! :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

...well does Evangelion get interesting? It's pretty slow at the moment but a lot of dudes here seem to like it.

It's not THAT good, it has its moments.

Blasphemy!!

...well does Evangelion get interesting? It's pretty slow at the moment but a lot of dudes here seem to like it.

I haven't seen this Samurai Champoo thing people keep ranting about, but if it's your first major anime series it'll leave a big print on you forever, and you'll always be comparing it to everything else, which will sadly ALWAYS fall short of your expectations due to the deep shade of red we rose tint things.

Evangelion starts off as a rather generic-with-subtle-hints-at-something-more robot show where every week a new monster shows up and the characters deal with it in new ways. It isn't until midway through the series that we start to see hints of what's actually going on and the series starts to move into the direction that made it so controversial/popular.

The series is set up in the following way:

Prologue Arc - Episodes 1-7

Action Arc - Episodes 8-13

Descent Arc - Episodes 14-19

The End - Episodes 20-26, extended episodes 21-24 and The End of Evangelion that expands and retells episodes 25 and 26 of the series.

If you're more than halfway through and still finding it slow, it might not be the one for you. I watched Evangelion as one of my first animes and thus it left something of a print on me rose-tinting it. It isn't perfect and it has aged sort of poorly, but I hope you can enjoy it for what it is. I'd see it through incorporating the movies and then pass judgement.

If you enjoy these mysterious, dramatic robot shows then I'd suggest RahXephon as your next watch. It takes elements we've seen in Eva and presents them in a much more (in my opinion) up-to-date fashion with nicer animation, a more entertaining main character and a plot similarly apocalyptic.

i just watched howls moving castle earlier and thought it was great!

ill say spoiler??>

the prince didnt get a very big part, seen as though the war started over him wasnt it, he just turned back from the scarecrow and left, that was it. no story how he got to how he got put like that.

also i thought it was scary watching that old woman climb the stairs, and what she looked like when she came into the room after being fried! i was scared

Ermmm he does actually say something at the end of pretty much all his lines, but, it's really nothing like "Believe it!" Infact it means nothing really..... Oh and ermm as far as I can remember no one ever makes fun of it. o.o So yeah that's something nice added in for you guys or something. lol

Anyway that's not really my main problem with the dub..... It's a mass gathering of crapness that annoys me..... Believe it!

Ohhhh that's addicting.... =P

Fairnuff, you never actually answered my question though - whether it's dubbed past ep 26 yet.

I didn't? Ermmmmmmm well I've been told it's into the chuunin exam now, so, the episode kinda matches up........... It could be up to 60ish..... Probably more though........ The chuunin exam saga is so amazing... But yeah...... I really have no way of telling you........ Unless I actually check around, but, i really have no idea where to get hold of the dubs.... I watched 3 eps with the dubs before I stoped....

As for AMV Hell, I've watched all of them and it's actually where I discovered Dokuro Chan.... I think... I found a couple of others with it as well. ^^;

The visions dancing in my mind

The early dawn, the shades of time

Twilight crawling through my windowpane

Am I awake or do I dream?

The strangest pictures I have seen

Night is day and twilight's gone away

With your head held high and your scarlet lies

You came down to me from the open skies

It's either real or it's a dream

There's nothing that is in between...

CHORUS:

Twilight, I only meant to stay awhile

Twilight, I gave you time to steal my mind

Away from me.

Across the night I saw your face

You disappeared without a trace

You brought me here, but can you take me back?

Inside the image of your light

That now is day and once was night

You lead me here and then you go away.

REPEAT CHORUS

(You brought me here, but can you take me back again?)

With your head held high and your scarlet lies

You came down to me from the open skies

REPEAT CHORUS

Twilight, Twilight, Twilight, Twilight.

Ok so this isn't a post about an anime, but, all of you anime loving guys and girls should love this J-Drama......... Densha Otoko..... Everyone should go and download this....... It's about an Otaku who saves a girl on a train and when she takes his address and sends him a gift he decides to try to change himself to become the kind of guy she would like...... Of course to take on such a task he will need a loyal group of friends which he finds on a single mans internet forum..........

Basically, it's a really funny show with a cool story I'm sure you'll all like it. :)

Oh and I have a little special relation to it as it reminds me about how and my current girlfriend got together. rofl

EDIT: Hmmmm just got a message from Shorty on msn saying "aw" but when I saw it he was offline. lol Wonder if theres a connection. lol

my fullmetal alchemist boxet came in the post today from ebay. considering one disc was going for £20, and theres 6, i think £30 for all 6 was a bargain.

gonna watch them all through at the weekend then gonna watch the movie

my fullmetal alchemist boxet came in the post today from ebay. considering one disc was going for £20, and theres 6, i think £30 for all 6 was a bargain.

gonna watch them all through at the weekend then gonna watch the movie

I'm just recording it off Rapture TV with my new dvd recorder, same with wolfs rain the bitch about that is it's reached the point of the 4 recap eps (2 down 2 to go), was hoping Rapture would skip those, well it'll save space on my dvds i guess. I'd say that must have really been a bitch to anyone who bought the dvd with those recap eps:hmm:

heres some pics of the box and the DVDsi just decided to take pics of, i think its cool

imag02563ji.jpg

imag02583od.jpg

imag02614sg.jpg w00t pen:D

*drool*

that looks sweet, thats the whole 1st season yeah?

how many eps on each disc and there is subs on those yeah?

heres some pics of the box and the DVDsi just decided to take pics of, i think its cool

A LOT OF IMAGES WENT HERE

w00t pen:D

Welcome to the world of Hong Kong bootlegging. 8/10 anime fans will now kill you on sight. Me? I'll shake your hand. Twice.

Welcome to the world of Hong Kong bootlegging. 8/10 anime fans will now kill you on sight. Me? I'll shake your hand. Twice.

haha ohh yeah. that aint no official thing.

*strokes official region 1 evangelion platinum collection box set

haha ohh yeah. that aint no official thing.

*strokes official region 1 evangelion platinum collection box set

Really, haha, i thought it was a real Jap version. They gone to a lot of trouble for a pirate to make such a sweet lookin box.

how'd ya tell it's fake?

Really, haha, i thought it was a real Jap version. They gone to a lot of trouble for a pirate to make such a sweet lookin box.

how'd ya tell it's fake?

i think its because you get used to how they look really. i mean the fakes are always the ones with the posters slapped onto the cover.