NEurope

I bought the first dvd, but I didn't like it enough to buy the rest. I just wasn't feeling the insane randomness.

Yea i dnt like random insane stuff either.

Take FLCL for example i hated it cos it was so random but most other people loved it and it was one of their favourites

I am up to episode 13 of excel(working my way through the imperfect collection) and the fact that each episode has a different feel to it makes me love it.

Episode 11 was the best-piss take of a youth anime/high scholl with hard knocks sort of thing.

Hmmm just wondering, is Excel Saga the anime where they kinda take the piss out of the fact that it's nothing like the manga or something along them lines.... I remember watching a couple of eps a while back and it was pretty crazy/funny..... I never finished watching though for some reason. :-/

Anime is on sale at HMV for once. Some of the titles include:

Full Metal Panic All volumes £8.99 each

Fruits Basket All volumes £10.99 each

Perfect Blue £8.99

Card Captors the movie £5.99

End of Evangelion £7.99

Ghost in the shell £7.99

Ghost in the shell Stand Alone complex All Volumes £7.99 each

Akira 2 disc edition £9.99

Last Exile £9.99

Hellsing £8.99

Hmmm just wondering, is Excel Saga the anime where they kinda take the piss out of the fact that it's nothing like the manga or something along them lines.... I remember watching a couple of eps a while back and it was pretty crazy/funny..... I never finished watching though for some reason. :-/

Yeah; parodies of so many different genres(in the first half of the series) and always so different from the manga.

I need to read the manga.....

You guys who haven't seen it HAVE to watch Samurai Champloo - I'm on Ep 18 and it's been mesmirising; the first Anime to have a "magical" feeling on me like playing Zelda OOT for the first time or something.

It absolutely shit-kicks Naruto and Bleach IMO, I can't believe I hadn't noticed it earlier.

Yah I thought so....... Them first eps were so funny..... Why did I never watch it all I wonder? O.o

Here is my Eva collection, I loves it I do :o

Sorry about crap image - poor cameraphone >.<

evacollection2.jpg

Here is my Eva collection, I loves it I do :o

Sorry about crap image - poor cameraphone >.<

evacollection2.jpg

I APPROVE THAT STATUE.

You guys who haven't seen it HAVE to watch Samurai Champloo - I'm on Ep 18 and it's been mesmirising; the first Anime to have a "magical" feeling on me like playing Zelda OOT for the first time or something.

Agreed, bout time I got round to finishing it, I have all the eps sitting here, but I'm only on 21. :smile:

i just watched Ninja Scroll, what an amazing film. i really want to buy some series of anime, but theyre going for £18.99 in the HMV i know of. i havnt checked ack for a while but i cant be shelling out nearly £20 for 4 or 5 episodes. anyone know where i can get any good anime cheap?

To any fans of Skies of Arcadia and Final Fantasy (well more SoA seeing as the FF part comes from really small segments like errmmm the fact that someone looks exactly like Cid =P) you should really watch Erementar Gerad.... Oh and Fans of Mai Otome's/Hime's music will like it as well as in episode 4 a battle took place and suddenly I noticed omg the music is done by the same person. lol You know the really epic song with women singing..... Ermm you should know........ Well it was exactly like that... I checked who did the music and yeah Yuki Kajiura did all 3 of the series... ^^;;

So yeah people should watch it. lol

EDIT: Scrap that, pretty much every song in Erementar could easilly be in Mai.......... I just listened to Hime's ost and I could swear the songs are identicle in Hime and Erementar. o.O

Super sweet DVD collection up there. I love the RahXephon DVD box artwork.

I don't really own that many super cool anime items, but here are a couple of my favourite anime posessions.

The Japanese Neon Genesis Evangelion Renewal DVD box, released as a limited edition and out of print. It's also somewhat noteworthy to mention that customs totally raped me with this one. It's the most inconvenient DVD boxed set design ever conceived but it wins on cool factor alone. Beside it are the original region 2 Japanese movie releases with a beautiful cover illustration by Yoshiyuki Sadamoto.

IMG_0584.jpg

The biggest Rei Ayanami statue I could obtain without going into the thousands for a lifesize one. It has a bizarre colour variation between the head and neck (separate pieces) that I really should get around to amending sometime. Also you might notice a few nicks and chips on it that mysteriously appeared one day (scary story). Beside it is a bag of loose figurines from various franchises (Bucky o' Hare, Asterix, Resident Evil 1 and 2) and my 1:1 lifesize Gremlins 2 statue.

IMG_0585.jpg

Another favourite useless thing are my Trigun sunglasses which I can sadly never wear (I have regular glasses, and people would beat me up) and aren't being pictured. I've posted a picture of me wearing those before and someone from the forums sent me a fucking nail bomb in the post.

may i see a bigger picture of your collection pllllleeeese

Will be able to do it, but not today. I haven't got my digital cam, borrowed it to a mate who went to the arsenal game yesterday.

@The3rdchildren: What is so inconvenient about the NGE Renewal box?

Yah Sephiroth and Cloud were £70 each....... The High Wind was a birthday present from my girlfriend... It cost £60 I think... :-/

Them 3 alone prob cost 3 times the amount of the rest of my stuff. XD

What is so inconvenient about the NGE Renewal box?

dvdbox3.jpg

It's just a huge campaign to open the damned thing, select a disc through trial and error because they have no episode names on them (stupid Japanese), and then finally have to put it all back again. Conventional boxes are so much better. Plus the jewel holders the discs come in are held together very flimsily. It's a typical cheapo GAiNAX move. The entire box reeks of their "maximum in, minimum out" policy.

Not to say it doesn't LOOK fantastic and unique, it does. It's just that the individual DVD releases have such nicer artwork, so nice in fact I may just consider investing in the ADV renewal releases sometime soon.

hai I have a n00b question plz thx;

is Naruto only dubbed up to 026?

I'm not anime-cool enough to like subs.

v.v;; "Believe it!" v.v;;

*walks away ashamed*

I think it's funny, I mean - he is just a kid after all, and kids say these things. Not only that but his own teammates make fun of it, proving that the dubbers themselves know the hilarity of it. Sure we'd prefer them to remain a little more sensible from time to time - but that doesn't mean I'm going to pretend that the Japanese which I can't understand at all sounds any better, or spend the whole time reading subtitles and missing the action.

This is just IMO, and I know it's controversial for the 'hard-core' fans - but that's just me :)