Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

European Wii Preorders

Charlie

Everyone seems to think that the Wii version is better than the GC version..

You can't really blame them. The Wii version is much more anticipated. oh, and IGN aswell as 1UP say that the control, though needing to get used to it, are engaging an better than the GameCube version, because they wouldn't want to go back. It's truly changing the winning team for more goals and still winning. If anyone understands my last statement, send me a message. Cause it sounds stupid.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Congratulations! The good news is that you were one of the first customers to have ordered a Wii from GAME.co.uk and we are happy to inform you that we are expecting to receive enough units of Wii from Nintendo, to fulfil your hardware order for launch!

Unfortunately, certain software titles and accessories, such as Wii Play, The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess and extra controllers are expected to be very limited in stock around launch, and if you ordered such items separately to your bundle we may not be able to fulfil them straight away. We will of course fulfil these orders as fast as we can on a first-come, first-served basis."

I got that this morning, nice to wake up to huge relief of my shoulders. anyway if you have an online pre-order with game email them asap.

@Viper, unlucky about your pre-order, when abouts did you pre-order with them, i know a couple of other people the pre-ordered online and didnt get e,i definitely think they are prioritizing in store preorders over online ones.

Has anyone here pre-ordered from Pcworld.co.uk?

You see I have also pre-ordered on pcworld.co.uk, but I should have received a third e-mail about my order being confirmed, but I still havn't got an email. Is that because it's a pre-rder and the wii isn't out yet? Or should I be concerned and send them an e-mail?

@Viper, unlucky about your pre-order, when abouts did you pre-order with them, i know a couple of other people the pre-ordered online and didnt get e,i definitely think they are prioritizing in store preorders over online ones.

The annoying thing about it all is I preordered initially as soon as they started them. However I heard about Argos doing games cheaper so I cancelled my GAME preorder to go with them. To my dissapointment I wasn't approved for an Argos card (god knows why) so I couldn't pay in installments (I couldn't afford the full price there and then). So I then had to reorder with GAME about 3 weeks ago, after Argos took about 2 weeks deciding I couldn't have some damn card. Now I find out i'm too late with GAME too so Amazon it is. I don't get this shortage crap though, it isn't that popular surely.

Apologies if this has already been posted, I've been avoiding the forums lately for fear of Zelda spoilers.

However, Gamestation are now advertising "Wii Guarantee for Christmas". That's right, a guaranteed Wii in time for Xmas. I'm not sure if this is just my store (Dundee) but I've been told it's company-wide. Apparently we could double our pre-orders (150+) and still get them for Xmas.

My guess is that Gamestation have vastly increased their allocation from Nintendo, just thought I'd let people know in case they were finding they were too late everywhere else.

My plan:

Go to a normal store (Tesco, Woolworths, Virgin etc.) as soon as the distributor ships them, Hello.. give me a Wii.

Result:

wii_sears.jpg

Granted this is just one guy, and he got it 1 day early.. but he has avoided all the pre-order fiasco. By taking the initiative to try and get it a day early.

Pester them enough and I'm sure you'll succeed too.

My plan:

Go to a normal store (Tesco, Woolworths, Virgin etc.) as soon as the distributor ships them, Hello.. give me a Wii.

Result:

wii_sears.jpg

Granted this is just one guy, and he got it 1 day early.. but he has avoided all the pre-order fiasco. By taking the initiative to try and get it a day early.

Pester them enough and I'm sure you'll succeed too.

lol that guys goofy smile reminds me of JD

scrubs-JD.jpg

People, I was on the phone to both Toys R Us and Argos (about my pre-orders) within the last few hours, and they both essentially said, paraphrased:

"We can't comment on other retailers, but there should be zero issues with our stock. Some other stores may be exaggerating their numbers to get more customers."

The Toys R Us rep then told me that online versions of shops are classed as separate businesses to their high-street counterparts, so GAME might be sold out online, but in-store they will be far from sold out, as they have two separate sets of Wii (1 batch for online, 1 batch for in-store).

So if you haven't pre-ordered, I wouldn't worry about it. There should be many in store. You must also remember, some shops don't do pre-orders, or fly under the radar, and they're getting just as many Wiis as Amazon and Game:

Tesco

ASDA

Sainsbury's

Woolworths

WHSmiths

Currys

Blockbuster

The list goes on. I'm getting a third Wii, if it's available in ASDA.

You know since I work at Tesco, I could basically walk into the warehouse and walk out of the back door with a Wii and no-one would care or notice...

I also know someone who works shelf stacking. They are funking intolerable of people stealing stuff.

Apparently all the night staff aren't allowed to talk and they had a picnic once, walking around just opening butter and making sandwiches.

They all got fired. I wish I could get a job at my local but they have a University 10 minutes walk away that has an abundant amount of students that seem to get priority.

That's great news,i'm fairly sure i'll get a Wii at GS now.Kazzahdrane ,do you think I should pre-order Zelda even though i'm going to a midnight launch?

YES. There will be a Zelda shortage

I cannot stress this enough. There are going to be a lot of disappointed people on December 8th - people who have a Wii console but can't find a copy of Twilight Princess to play on it. I know not everyone wants the game but a lot of people do.

I also don't know if this is just Gamestation, but I'd imagine that since we seem to be getting on well with Nintendo this will be a UK-wide thing across all retailers.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PRE-ORDER ZELDA IF YOU WANT IT, WHERE EVER YOU ARE GETTING YOUR WII FROM.

Not trying to drum up business for my company, just want to make sure people here are happy come 8/12/06.

^

Informed guess, or idiocy?

Nintendo will mostlikely make the exact same number of copies of Zelda as consoles. So anyone buying one should be fine. My gamestation told me not to pre-order games because they'll be plenty. Stop scare mongering.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!