Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

European Wii Preorders

Charlie

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hopefully have a pre order form Gameplay (I order a few hours they put theirs up) but as it'llprobably only get to me on the Monday I thought I'd go along my local shops. Both said they were getting at least 4 (less than what they got for the 360 launch) but their still not sure how many their getting and are not taking pre orders. I'll have to trust Gameplay for now...

Amazon are starting to take preorders on Tuesday, November 21, 2006 according to the email they've just sent me.

When will I be able to pre-order my Wii console?

From Tuesday, November 21, 2006. Order early, because the Wii console will be in very short supply.

We're working closely with Nintendo to maximise the number of consoles we'll have for launch, and will stop taking preorders once we've pre-sold all the consoles Nintendo allocate to us for release day. We won't take pre-orders for more consoles than we can supply for launch day.

If I pre-order a Wii from Amazon.co.uk, will I get it on launch day (December 8, 2006)?

UK customers: if you choose First Class delivery, your console should be dispatched in time for delivery on December 8. We will work closely with our delivery partners to ensure, as far as possible, delivery by December 8. However, this cannot be guaranteed as some delays may occur which are outside our control.

If you choose Free Super Saver Delivery, your console will be delivered 2-5 business days later than December 8.

International customers: we will work closely with our delivery partners to ensure, as far as possible, delivery by December 8. However, this cannot be guaranteed as some delays may occur which are outside our control.

Please note that a signature will be required for delivery of your Wii.

What can I do to ensure I get my Wii as quickly as possible?

Please check that your credit/debit card details are correct and up to date and that your card doesn't expire before December 2006, as we only charge your card when we start shipping your items.

How many Wii consoles can I order?

We're limiting orders to one per customer to ensure that as many of our customers as possible can enjoy a Wii console this Christmas.

What happens when Amazon.co.uk sell out?

We'll stop taking preorders once we've sold out of our pre-order stock. If you're not lucky enough to get hold of a Wii in our initial pre-order window, sign up to receive email notification of when the console becomes available again by using the button on the top right of the Nintendo Wii product detail page. We'll email you when we get more stock in.

I've ordered Wii games and accessories too - when will these arrive?

Wii games and accessories will be dispatched separately from the console. Most launch titles should also be dispatched in time for delivery on December 8. Please check the estimated delivery date on the order summary page for any games and accessories ordered, and check that you have selected the appropriate shipping option - make sure your order doesn’t contain any items which are not in stock or which are released after December 8, 2006 (you can change your delivery preferences to have items dispatched as they become available). See the Wii launch line-up.

From http://www.unison.ie

Gamers face battle for Christmas console

Thursday November 9th 2006

ADVERTISEMENT

THE country's largest games retailers have stopped taking Christmas pre-orders for this year's hottest console.

GameStop, which has more than 30 outlets throughout the country, is no longer taking deposits for the Nintendo Wii, which is due to be launched here on December 8.

Rival retailers Game and XtraVision have also stopped taking pre-orders, saying that they cannot guarantee delivery on further orders before Christmas.

"Due to the phenomenal pace of pre-orders over recent weeks it is likely that demand will outstrip supply at launch," Simon Watts of Nintendo UK and Ireland said yesterday.

Nintendo has made four million consoles available worldwide - with the first due to go on sale in the US next week - but that number won't be enough to satisfy demand.

Because the rival Playstation 3 console has been delayed until early next year in Ireland, the new handheld from Nintendo has quickly become the must-have gadget this Christmas.

GameStop yesterday declined to comment on why it has pulled the plug on pre-orders for the console, which will retail at €249, but Game confirmed that retailers have been overwhelmed by demand.

"We can't guarantee any further orders so we're not taking any more deposits," one staff member said. "We don't want any tearful mothers in here.

"If you order it now you'll still get it but it might be February or March."

It is understood that part of the reason why retailers in Ireland have stopped taking deposits is to ensure that there are Wii consoles on the shelves for the official launch next month.

This now looks set to ensure lengthy queues outside the shops.

A number of outlets are continuing to take pre-orders for the console here, but the bigger retailers have warned that if they can't guarantee delivery by Christmas, smaller places certainly can't.

Last year hundreds of punters were left disappointed after a shortage of

Xbox 360s in Europe resulted in many pre-orders going unfulfilled until long after Christmas.

The first games for the Wii will go on sale at prices between €49 and €59. Nintendo is making about 20 games available on launch date.

However, the main selling point for the console, according to Nintendo, is that games will be easier to play as on-screen actions are performed using an innovative motion-sensitive controller.

Jason O'Brien

So according to GAME, people pre-ordering now mightn't get a Wii until March???? Holy SHIT!

Moria if you get screwed by gamestation which I could to. Can you reclaim your money and preorder amazon style?

Yeah, you can. I'm going to order with Amazon just in case. The thing is, I have £60 of gift certificates at GameStation which I doubt they'll let me trade in for money...

lol i'm starting to worry it could be like last year with Xbox 360. I was getting it for Christmas and i'd preordered at Gameplay but quite late, so I wasn't going to get it from them till the new year. Then between launch -> Xmas I was trying so hard to get one, rang up practically every retailer in Norwich, and not only once.

Everyone was saying that I wouldn't be able to get one until the new year and stuff, but eventually, on December 22nd (awesome timing!) Virgin were saying they were getting 1 in and they'd keep it for me, and after a few problems and stuff I ended up going in and managing to get it. It's a pretty exciting experience to look back on now, but if i hadn't been successfull it wouldn't have been pleasant, so if the same happens for me with Wii because my Gameplay preorder was just too late then...jeez.:heh: I actually want it on launch day though, heck i need a word stronger than 'want'. PLEASE GAMEPLAY don't let me down!

I've just ordered from my local Curry's, and as they said they will get 100 and I'll be guaranteed to get one, which is nice.

I'm not holding my breath though...

Oh, and I have to go a pick it up, but it's OK, it means I'm guaranteed it on the day.

I wonder if anyone here will win one in ONM's competition?

I'm selling it to the highest bidder if I do.

Twozzok, i've already spoken to Gameplay (i've pre-ordered there too) and they're not sure of numbers yet - or at least the customer service team have not been made aware. I pre-ordered on the 4 October, and while not guaranteeing i'll receive one, they're optimistic I will.

The dispatch date is a simple placeholder and is not guaranteeing you'll get yours on day one.

All that said, at this late stage its unlikely Gamplay do not know their allocations. It could be that they're holding back with emails and confirmations to ensure orders are not lost. Personally, i'd recommend anyone ordering with Gameplay to use the online help chat to enquire about allocations - and hopefully that would speed them up with confirmations.

Twozzok, i've already spoken to Gameplay (i've pre-ordered there too) and they're not sure of numbers yet - or at least the customer service team have not been made aware. I pre-ordered on the 4 October, and while not guaranteeing i'll receive one, they're optimistic I will.

The dispatch date is a simple placeholder and is not guaranteeing you'll get yours on day one.

All that said, at this late stage its unlikely Gamplay do not know their allocations. It could be that they're holding back with emails and confirmations to ensure orders are not lost. Personally, i'd recommend anyone ordering with Gameplay to use the online help chat to enquire about allocations - and hopefully that would speed them up with confirmations.

Well thats a bit of a relief...I ordered on the 26th...when they opened so here's hoping

BackUp Plan: Asda or Tesco at 9am on December 8th :p

I'm really quite angry right now.

I preordered very early at Gamestation (Chiswick), and went just now to ask if they would be doing a midnight launch. When I got there, they told me that they were closing down. I've sent an email to them asking if they'll transfer my preorder and keep me near the front of the line, which they'd better blooming wel do. I haven't got a preorder elsewhere, so what on earth will I do if they can't transfer it?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!