European Wii Preorders

Charlie

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

500 orders x £250

= £125,000.

Lets say £250 is the average.. some will buy just the system some will buy more games and controllers.

They are getting your money in the bank for 72 days.

And the interest on it.

Yeah they would if they took the money when you order but Gameplay dont... they only take the money when they dispatch your order.

500 orders that have been made by kids and people wanting to check out the price? or 500 credit cards that have actually been charged and finalised?

Also I agree, the GameCube controller isn't wireless.. I'm gonna try and live with it for a month or two.. If I can't handle it being wireless I'll probably buy the classic controller or see what the third partys are doing.

I think the layout is poor and it's too flat.

Have you ever held the classic controller? How do you know the layout is poor and it's too flat?

Also, you wont get a console before the release date. They'll send them out on the Thursday.

I can see it perfectly clear, it's shit. (IMO)

I've heard people getting 360s early merely because of Christmas posting times and they don't want people to be dissapointed in this period of high postal traffic.

I noticed it's a 24 hour courier service which would suggest it's going to be reliable and not Royal Mail.

flat flat flat: 144453931_3d943d72f0.jpg

woo managed to get back in time to preorder...

Just ordered

Wii+Zelda+ Red Steel = £259.97 :/

No discounts? :(

I'll get Wiiplay+classic controller + VC points from somewhere else i think.

I can always cancel this order so...

Congrats Stocka, I was worried you werent gonna get back in time.

I wonder when GAME website will start pre-orders as they own Gameplay dont they?

Has ordered:

Hardware and such:

Wii console+Wii Sports

Extra Nunchuk

Classic Controller

2000 Wii Points

Launch Day Games:

Zelda

Super Monkey Ball

Red Steel

Rayman

Other Games:

Wii Play+Wii Remote

Warioware

ExciteTruck

Total: About £500. Would have been around £580, but I thought I'd leave DragonballZ and Metroid Prime off the list. For now...

Great, now I have the feeling that the mailman is gonna steal it all.

Wow, surprised at the number of Gameplay orders. I'd of thought many people wouldn't be content to wait till a day or two later than release to get their order. Plus the ever present danger of the "Out Of Stock, will deliver in 2-4 weeks"

Plus, I thought many a people on this site would be all up for the old midnight launch extravaganza. I think I remember on the old C-E boards, the amusing tales of the midnight launch. I remember one guy wrote a poem about it :D.

Me? I think I will do a midnight collection from Game. Their prices can't differ that much from GamePlay as they are selling at full price.

Oh, and good to see you back Stocka:)

I really don't get why people are so excited about placing orders at Gameplay. Everything seems to be at RRP and there isn't actually any discounts (as far as I could see from fiddling with the page). Sure they might offer bundle deals in the future but why bother pre-ordering from them now when you know stores will have bundle deals that will beat what you just ordered from Gameplay?

I'm going to a midnight launch but my Gameplay is a backup incase I don't get my one from Gamestation.

Heh, not a bad idea actually as I mean even if something goes wrong and you get both orders, you can always sell one one eBay and probably make a profit if the demand is great enough.

Game preorders are open now, but you can only access them fro mthe email they send you so far.

http://www.game.co.uk/lowdown.aspx?lid=6528&cm_mmc=update-_-Wiimailerpreorder-_-wk34-_-preorders

Bundles are there, but they dont actually give you a discount.

Plus, I thought many a people on this site would be all up for the old midnight launch extravaganza. I think I remember on the old C-E boards, the amusing tales of the midnight launch. I remember one guy wrote a poem about it .

Me? I think I will do a midnight collection from Game. Their prices can't differ that much from GamePlay as they are selling at full price

I'm doing a midnight launch at the Gamestation in Stirling! I can't wait. Hopefully there will be loads of sad people there for me to beat at Mario Kart and so I can advertise my site. :heh:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!