NEurope
Charlie

European Wii Preorders

Bad news about Play.com, they removed the discounts from the controllers. :(

I checked my preorder, and the discounts are still there. Hopefully they'll go through at the lower price. Perhaps Play.com got so much demand they decided to cash in on the accessories, or they found they couldn't squeeze any discounts out of them (margin too small)?

Either way, if you didn't preorder the controllers while they were discounted... you missed out. :(

Bad news about Play.com, they removed the discounts from the controllers. :(

I checked my preorder, and the discounts are still there. Hopefully they'll go through at the lower price. Perhaps Play.com got so much demand they decided to cash in on the accessories, or they found they couldn't squeeze any discounts out of them (margin too small)?

Either way, if you didn't preorder the controllers while they were discounted... you missed out. :(

Dont panic you cant still get them at that price here:

CLICK HERE!

Play.com (UK) is celebrating their biggest/quickest reserved item in their site’s history, and they have the Wii to thank. In just nine days, Play.com has received over 7000 preorders.

Anyone who hasn't preordered yet and wants one at launch really should...

what GAME/Gamestation stores are (if any) going to open at midnight on 8/12/06?

Anyone who hasn't preordered yet and wants one at launch really should...

...wait for a new store to start selling them. :)

Play.com (UK) is celebrating their biggest/quickest reserved item in their site’s history, and they have the Wii to thank. In just nine days, Play.com has received over 7000 preorders.

Holy hell. 7000 preorders.

And Wii is also Play.com's fastest/biggest reserved item in the entire eight-year history of their website?

It's still 10 weeks to go until the launch...

Wii could be huge in Europe. By the time Sony starts, Wii could have already finished the race - and taken the goalposts with it.

what GAME/Gamestation stores are (if any) going to open at midnight on 8/12/06?

I know GAME Dawson Street (Dublin) will be opening for midnight.:yay:

How are HMV like with delivering their preorders, I have a preorder with them, Reckon ill get it on the 8th?

I checked my preorder, and the discounts are still there. Hopefully they'll go through at the lower price.

They will, as it wasn't clear pricing mistake. Yesterday when Play.com's euro convertor wasn't working correctly*, my friend did order few Cube games with incorrect prices. All of them were sent. But my Xbox 360 bundle didn't ship for some strange reason. :p

* Some items had lower, some higher prices than they should have been. Some fun examples; 1.5 euros for Xbox 360, 15 euros for Path of Radiance, 1999.99 euros for Matrix Revolutions.

Ive made the really difficult desision of not pre-ordering a Wii... I just have my heart set on a black one... even if it takes a full year for them to bring it out... Why oh why did they decide on only white for launch?

Does a colour really matter that much? Just buy one now, the chances are they'll never release a black one and you'll be waiting forever.

I just put a deposit down at GAME.

Aparantly I get student discount, but only if I have one of their loyalty cards...and I do. But it doesn't get me discount on the Wii, just games and accessories I think.

Oh, and the serial number on my receipt is 1037. 37th Pre order maybe? I hope so, I doubt Swansea would have 1037 pre orders.

I just put a deposit down at GAME.

Aparantly I get student discount, but only if I have one of their loyalty cards...and I do. But it doesn't get me discount on the Wii, just games and accessories I think.

Oh, and the serial number on my receipt is 1037. 37th Pre order maybe? I hope so, I doubt Swansea would have 1037 pre orders.

What loyalty card?

I'm getting my pre-order on tommorow morning. Apparently Gamestation had 24 pre-orders as of last Friday. No chance there then, they got 7 Lites in.

Unless GAME's number is significantly lower, maybe I should try a non gaming store, HMV maybe or amazon or gameplay?

I think that might be true. I just checked my reciept. My Serial number is 1002. And the Manager, who served me, told me I was the second in the line.

I think that might be true. I just checked my reciept. My Serial number is 1002. And the Manager, who served me, told me I was the second in the line.

Sounds like my theory was correct then!

Awesome, I'm 12th (serial number 1012) in line in GAME Glasgow, should pretty much be guaranteed one then.

Sorry the number on your receipt is related, my bad.

Im number 6.

Apology accepted I'm number 9!

My Number thing in the top left is 0043 (not 1043 a 0043)

I've got good chance of getting one launch I assume.

Interesting fact:

Gamestation are getting 10,000 Wii consoles for launch. They've only taken around 6500 pre-orders so far. So it's pretty safe to put a pre-order in, my store has taken 80+ and we expect to get enough for every single person to get one at launch.