NEurope
Charlie

European Wii Preorders

Im so glad I pre-ordered in store now, I was relatively early at doing so too so if they do the first come first serve like many other retailers, im in.

Wii pre-orders are going absolutely mad, I hope they have enough to go around.. 1 million for the US sounds right, but lets see what they leave europe with.

This is a good site for keeping track of all preorders:

wiipreorder.co.uk

Yeah it's a fantastic site - wow it really shows you all the best deals!

erm - wait a minute I'm being sarcastic it doesn't work! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I couldn't post the full URL as I'm new here but stick it in your browser with a WWW in fornt and it'll work. I've been using it to keep a track of all the goings on.....!!

Now thats fair enough zeldafreak apart from the price which I already pointed out you got wrong but I have just noticed in the Wii fund thread you said this:

I'm distinctly smelling bullshit - but then I've always thought you talk crap.

what it says £299.99 for wii ,zelda, red steel, and rayman.

Plus I have got loads of money this is everything from amazon vouchers and i have a hull university bursuary £500 -so you thinking I am speaking bullshit even though I have the money I was speaking of the launch window launch day i'll get a few. Launch window probably 7.

what it says £299.99 for wii ,zelda, red steel, and rayman.

Plus I have got loads of money this is everything from amazon vouchers and i have a hull university bursuary £500 -so you thinking I am speaking bullshit even though I have the money I was speaking of the launch window launch day i'll get a few. Launch window probably 7.

I'm not wanting to turn this into an ongoing arguement Zeldafreak but the quotes I posted on the other page by you completely contradict each other. I'll not continue this with you any further I'll let other members on here make there own mind up about you and I'm sure they'll come to the same conclusion as me. :angry:

Sorry for going way off topic folks. :D

Did anyone else get the 'Free Courier Delivery' with the console?

Does it mean we will still get it on day 1 assuming there's enough stock?

I ordered mine from Gameplay yesterday but I think I made a mistake with the postage thing as I forgot to change it from the 99p one.

I don't remember seeing a 'Free Courier Delivery' option though, :hmm: only 2nd Class (Free), 1st Class (99p), and Next Day (£4.95).

Which option did everyone else use?

I ordered mine from Gameplay yesterday but I think I made a mistake with the postage thing as I forgot to change it from the 99p one.

I don't remember seeing a 'Free Courier Delivery' option though, :hmm: only 2nd Class (Free), 1st Class (99p), and Next Day (£4.95).

Which option did everyone else use?

Don't worry. There wasn't any other option instead of free courier postage, i'm sure.

I preordered on phone, but i did go through check-out and see this.

There wasn't any other option instead of free courier postage, i'm sure.
That was the only option I didn't have!

It was just the 3 that I mentioned before and I've got the 99p one:

----------------------------------------------------------

Delivery: 0.99 GBP

Discount: -6.00 GBP

Order Total: 294.95 GBP

:wtf:

That was the only option I didn't have!

It was just the 3 that I mentioned before and I've got the 99p one:

:wtf:

Oh right...how odd! Don't worry Redshell, you can ring customer services and they will change it for you without effecting your time of preordering.

Oh right...how odd! Don't worry Redshell, you can ring customer services and they will change it for you without effecting your time of preordering.
Yeah, I'll give em' a call at some point today.

Cheers.

: peace:

Play.com has basically sold out their allocation.

"What and why? Nintendo Wii, £179.99. The Nintendo Wii (pronounced "we") is not like other games consoles. It doesn't do shoot 'em up games. It does do interactivity. With a gadget that looks like a TV remote control, it uses wi-fi technology to read any action you perform and translate it on to the screen. So you can play tennis, golf, or baseball, you can bowl or box or play something called Zelda Hands-on, which is a sword fighting game.

How many sold? In nine days, 7,000 units have been pre-sold, even though they won't actually be delivered until December. That makes it the biggest and quickest launch ever on the site."

Sigh.... "so called Zelda hands-on".... :nono:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/consumer/story/0,,1881925,00.html

Not to say that allocation won't get extended. 7,000 is pretty good IMHO.

- With no press yet.

Just e.mailed the Guardian the link to the Red Steel site in respect to their comment that the Wii doesn't do shoot 'em ups.

Misrepresentation in a National Newspaper like that could be pretty bad for the Wii in a post kiddy GameCube generation.

I'm not wanting to turn this into an ongoing arguement Zeldafreak but the quotes I posted on the other page by you completely contradict each other. I'll not continue this with you any further I'll let other members on here make there own mind up about you and I'm sure they'll come to the same conclusion as me. :angry:

Sorry for going way off topic folks. :D

how do they contradict each other I said the following which makes the statements completely compatible:

a)I used the phrase 'I was thinking' meaning I may buy up to that higher end of my my amount.

b)Circumstances probaby have changed

c)for £259.99 you get LoZ and RedSteel.(with the Wii of course)

for £299.99 you get Loz, Red Steel and Rayman.(with the Wii of course)

d)When I was talking about Launch I was referring to launch window. If you do not know what I mean I am talking about, listen:

Launch window: from 8th December to March 2007.

Launch day: 8th of December

Launch Window = Bullshit term coined by marketing jerks to get around the idea of a delay.

I don't care if it's delayed.. I'd rather they be more upfront and honest and say.. well we're 4 weeks behind schedule so expect it by New Year or something.

see i don't mind the idea of a launch window because it somehow makes me fel reassured when theres roughly 20 titles on launch day followed by around 2-3 titles per week it makes me feel as there is support for a console, dvd/hd-dvd/blu-ray dvd

anybody not recieved a confirmation email from gameplay after preordering a wii

I preordered on phone and didn't get one...if you preorder online you should have got one i reckon, probably just busy.

Pre-ordered mine this morning in GAME on Dawson Street :)

Manager hinted there would be a Zelda launch bundle including 2 Wii=motes and nunchuks.

He said demo pod would be instore by mid October and that due to Ireland higher tax rate than mainland Europe we expect to pay €260-€280 for the standard Wii-Sports bundle.

Edit:

Just remembered something else he told me too. That Europe would receive 2 million Wii's for launch. Now I asked him was he sure and he said yes. I told him America are getting 1 million and it would be seriously unlikely that Europe are to get twice that much.

I believe that he meant the rest of the world would get 2 million (Outside of North America, I mean)

Edit2:

http://www.game.co.uk now have bundles up.

Wii+WiiSports+Zelda or Rayman or RedSteel = £219.99 = €326.86

Wii+WiiSports+2 games from the 3 above = £259.99 = €386.28

Wii+WiiSports+ all 3 games = £299.99 = €445.70

He said demo pod would be instore by mid October and that due to Ireland higher tax rate than mainland Europe we expect to pay €260-€280 for the standard Wii-Sports bundle.

Crap, I hate how much we get ripped off in this country.. Did you ask if many people have pre-ordered with them so far? I haven't got around to it yet, I'll try and get it sorted this weekend.

http://www.game.co.uk now have bundles up.

Wii+WiiSports+Zelda or Rayman or RedSteel = £219.99 = €326.86

Wii+WiiSports+2 games from the 3 above = £259.99 = €386.28

Wii+WiiSports+ all 3 games = £299.99 = €445.70

No discount there. :(

I preordered at my GAME store today :)

Guess this is the deal for me:

Wii+WiiSports+2 games from the 3 above = £259.99 (Zelda, Rayman)

But I would have expected some deals to include extra wiimotes :(