NEurope
Charlie

European Wii Preorders

My Number thing in the top left is 0043 (not 1043 a 0043)

I've got good chance of getting one launch I assume.

Not necessarily, ours starts at 0026, goes to 0040-odd, then back to 0001 cause we're all stupid (although we are putting it in the right order, so number 0029 is actually number three), mix up on our behalf. Can always go in and ask them what number you are.

Speaking of, was given a clipboard and told to do lots of Wii deposits today, did 3. Some people were interested, some amused, but only three put their names down.

I've been thinking of all the places I could go on launch day if I don't get one at gamestation. Places like Comet and retail parks might come in handy because people don't necessarily think of them first.

Not necessarily, ours starts at 0026, goes to 0040-odd, then back to 0001 cause we're all stupid (although we are putting it in the right order, so number 0029 is actually number three), mix up on our behalf. Can always go in and ask them what number you are.

Speaking of, was given a clipboard and told to do lots of Wii deposits today, did 3. Some people were interested, some amused, but only three put their names down.

Bet I wont get one on launch -_- Sod said so :heh:

So I went into to Pre-order my Wii after Uni on tuesday last week, payed my £20 deposit in GAME (the one in Glasgow, inside the St Enoch centre for those who know it). I asked if there was going to be a midnight launch (which probably was a stupid question) but shes said "no but we'll call you if we are" but I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

I dunno, I would love to get it at midnight but then I suppose I can wait another 9 hours :heh: Anyway I dunno if Gamestation is doing a midnight launch or not, probably too early for them to say.

Edit: Oh and the number "15" was written on my reciept w00t.

Problem with being in centres is they have to pay for the centre to be opened, for security etc so in some cases it just won't be worth it.

gone american have we? :D

I really do hope they have a midnight lanch, otherwise I will be annoyed and upset all the day. Won't be able to get it til late that night.

im never sure when to use center and centre -im such a nana!

Problem with being in centres is they have to pay for the centre to be opened, for security etc so in some cases it just won't be worth it.

what with your guys toplip? its freaking me out lmao

and does it really matter what number is on your preorder slip? i dont think i have one on my one from gamestation

I dunno, I would love to get it at midnight but then I suppose I can wait another 9 hours :heh: Anyway I dunno if Gamestation is doing a midnight launch or not, probably too early for them to say.

Edit: Oh and the number "15" was written on my reciept w00t.

I dunno about the Glasgow store (Sauchiehall street?) but the one in Dundee has already taken so many pre-orders the manager says there will definitely be a midnight launch for the Wii.

Tis what the manager of Manchester Fort told me in detail. How they would have to pay the security centre there more money to get more people on, to look over everyone, thy wouldnt want people bustling to get it then smash a window. A bit farfetched but you don't know what some people may be like.

Unless hey get a fair few pre-orders they won't fork out the money for more security staff.

Tis what the manager of Manchester Fort told me in detail. How they would have to pay the security centre there more money to get more people on, to look over everyone, thy wouldnt want people bustling to get it then smash a window. A bit farfetched but you don't know what some people may be like.

Unless hey get a fair few pre-orders they won't fork out the money for more security staff.

We have to inform the police if we open at midnight. Its prime drunken idiots wondering around time.

what with your guys toplip? its freaking me out lmao

Fish-hooked, for that cliched catalogue model look. He wasn't being serious, obviously. Ryan Hansen is very silly.

My local McDonalds has a rent-a-cop to prevent people running behind the counter and helping themselves to food.

It's right opposite the Hippodrome so not suprising.

well for those of us who might not have midnight openings, what time are you all gonna start queing at?

Im starting at around 12AM to be sure tobe sure!

I really want a Wii but still at that time Iwouldnt be sure if Ill be 1st and my town isnt that big!

:)

I'l be in line for the Wii starting 7:30am if theres no midnight launch. This place is pretty much very unpopular and it'l be an hour wait just incase it sells big, so im pretty confident i'l get one midnight launch or not.

What town you in monkeyking?

Drogheda

Its big enough just not buzzing around to the anticipation of a wii!

:)

My local McDonalds has a rent-a-cop to prevent people running behind the counter and helping themselves to food.

It's right opposite the Hippodrome so not suprising.

They do?....But not all the time right?

My silly little Wiiorder slips are numbered 8 and 9. There might be a midnight launch, they're not sure yet. Wouldn't count on it.

Since I've preordered online, I won't be going to any midnight launches. It's kind of a shame, there's always this buzz you get with a midnight opening.

I'll be up at 6am sharp and will stare at the road in front of the house until my Wii bundle arrives. :p

Meh, I'm buddies with all the staff at my local GAME -seeing as I used to be their boss! So therefore, I should be top of the list come midnight!

I finally cracked and pre-ordered a Wii + Zelda: TP. They didn't give me a number (my local game shop never does :P ), and unfortunatly, they won't be doing a mid-night launch :(, therefore, I'll pick it up after school that day.

I havent pre-ordered mine...most of the 3rd party games dont look that good and I've already been waiting years for Zelda...I'm in no hurry. I'll probably buy Zelda on the GameCube and wait for Smash Bros. Red Steel isnt worth £220.

Think they'll give you your money back? I thought the whole point of a deposit was so that they still have some of your money if you pull out.

I asked the guy and he said yeah, aslong its not too close to launch. Whether he'd stick to his word, I don't know.