NEurope
Charlie

European Wii Preorders

i thought that you didn't get it on hardware? i suppose you could get it on the extra games. i am not a student though :weep:

I asked if they did student discount, and the guy said "yes, but not on pre-order deposits".

calender:

7th December: Get up 8:00, eat, get ready, walk to uni. Lectures/Problem Classes/Lab Classes from 9:00 to 18:00 (with 1 hour break). Go home, eat. Go out, drink. 11:00, wait outside Game.

8th December: 0.00, Store (hopefully) opens, buy Wii, go home, play Wii, (hopefully home for 1:00), play till 10:30. Be late for lecture.

Ordered mine from Game today - number 9 on the list so should deffo get one on launch day! :D

If your not sure where you are on the preorder list from game check the serial number on your receipt mine ends 09 - coincidence????

I put a deposit for the Wii in Game today. Now i just can't wait to get it >_<

Only a couple of months now,we can make it...

I asked if they did student discount, and the guy said "yes, but not on pre-order deposits".

DOe sthat work in their Irish stores too? I seriously did not know that and Ive been a student for the last 3 years!!!!:horse:

I wonder if college students can get a discount...:D

My diary for the day can be one of 3:

1) Get up at 7. Get ready and get bus to college. Have all Friday lessons

!!:(

Finish college at 3:55. Go to Grandparents till 6. Go to Manchester Fort and get my Wii, play on it all night.

2) Same as above, however the change: Not go to Grandparents, Go straight to Manchester Fort by bus or parent picking me up. That would make it about 4:30/4:45. Go home and play all weekend.

3) Get my mum to take me to Manchester Fort for the opening of GAME at 8. Go home play on Wii till 11-ish/12. Go to college saying I had a headache.

4th option which won't happen, I highly doubt, however hope, a midnight launch. Go to bed when i get home from college after homework. Get up for 10, go to GAME, open for 12. Get!

edit: I also found out that Game do student discounts: so those in uni, take your U-Card when you buy the console.

Does that include A Level students?

If your not sure where you are on the preorder list from game check the serial number on your receipt mine ends 09 - coincidence????

Mine ends in 11. Its a conspiracy, I say.

I don't know. I just asked today, after GameStation told me about student discount there.

Mine ends in 11. Its a conspiracy, I say..

ah but were you the 11th person to preorder? if you were then I'm correct if not then I'm sooooooo wrong! :laughing:

ah but were you the 11th person to preorder? if you were then I'm correct if not then I'm sooooooo wrong! :laughing:

Yes I was.

Works with me

hmvii.jpg

? wheres that?

Oh and pre-ordered mine today and my mom did it, he goes you can collect it on the 8th of dec onwards and she said, oooooooooo thats your b-day Aaron!

(Even though I had told her like a zillion times)

at hmv we only usually accept cards with the nus logo on them, which means university student, but someplaces will accept all kinds of cards.

I got a student discount with my Young Scot card (which has the Pass hologram) a couple of days ago. I'm not sure if it will work everywhere, but it worked in The Officers Club and Top Man.. Just try any card that says you're young.

? wheres that?

Oh and pre-ordered mine today and my mom did it, he goes you can collect it on the 8th of dec onwards and she said, oooooooooo thats your b-day Aaron!

(Even though I had told her like a zillion times)

HMV jsifajsdfijs

Grrr Kill the American!

I still need to preorder some games for my Wii, I'm so lazy. :heh:

Can I point something out?

Doesnt what place in the queue you are mean nothing, just WHEN you turn up on the day?

So as I pointed out earlier a person numbered 80 can take person number 1's console?

Doesnt what place in the queue you are mean nothing, just WHEN you turn up on the day?

So as I pointed out earlier a person numbered 80 can take person number 1's console?

dont you think they call it a queue for a reason:wtf:

Does it really matter? I'm sure all that will happen is that when the shop receives their allocation of Wii's the 1st thing they will do is put aside the number that is preordered and take one from there everytime a customer who has preordered comes in. Only problem I can see is if their allocation does not meet the preodered number and then they would have to make a cut off point e.g only the first sixty who preordered can have theirs.

If they sold them to just anyone who preordered then what would be the point??? I have faith I will get one on launch day I'm number nine in my local games store.

HMV jsifajsdfijs

errm wtf?

Grrr Kill the American!

I still need to preorder some games for my Wii, I'm so lazy. :heh:

mum sorry :(

You must turn up on the day to collect it otherwise, if they are in short numbers they will just put someone else in their place -thats why they haven't asked for a deposit.

dont you think they call it a queue for a reason:wtf:

Well yeah but all these people saying well Im XX on the list so Ill DEFINATELY be getting a Wii on launch arent necessarily gonna get one if they dont get there quick on launch!

The ending digits with the deposit at Game will have nothign to do with your number in the queue, more than likely it corresponds with your giftcard number. But im too lazy to go find my wallet.

The ending digits with the deposit at Game will have nothign to do with your number in the queue, more than likely it corresponds with your giftcard number. But im too lazy to go find my wallet.

must just have been a coincidence that mine ended 09 and i was 9th in the queue - ah well it was just a theory!