N-Europe

Mario Strikers Charged Football

EchoDesiato

I don't see why people won't buy it because they don't like online. There's also single player and offline multiplayer like there was with the GC version and it was a very fun game. In fact, it's pretty obvious Nintendo isn't focusing on the online.

I have other reasons why I would't buy this without a playtest, I hate football, and I'm not that fond of most Mario games. (64 and Tennis 64 stand out)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why people won't buy it because they don't like online. There's also single player and offline multiplayer like there was with the GC version and it was a very fun game. In fact, it's pretty obvious Nintendo isn't focusing on the online.

I think the game looks a bit daft with the whole scoring more than one goal thing, and I'd like to play this with other people, but no one comes round and wants to play Mario Football, if people play anything it's Wii Sports and now Guitar Hero. Thats why I want it online. Thats why if online is crap, I wont buy it.

Well, the DS online system isn't perfect, but I still manage to play it online and have a blast, that's what counts. It's a shame the service isn't good (or at least it doesn't seem to be), but if you can play with friends with friend codes or with random people when you want and without lag, one the game starts, who cares about the service?

Well, the DS online system isn't perfect, but I still manage to play it online and have a blast, that's what counts. It's a shame the service isn't good (or at least it doesn't seem to be), but if you can play with friends with friend codes or with random people when you want and without lag, one the game starts, who cares about the service?

Well..if it has regular lag issues (like certain DS games) then it's a problem.

Which DS games had lag problems?

I know Mario Kart DS had some moments, especially where the lag could be mistaken for snaking, but that was due to some people also downloading stuff off the internet whilst playing online.

MKDS and DKRDS, most matches (from multiple locations).

Wow. A lot of big titles coming for the Wii, fan of them or not - the future of the console looks great.

Mario Strikers, SSBB, Zelda Wii, Manhunt 2, MP3, Mario Galaxy, Pokemon BR, Super Paper Mario, Resident Evil games to name a few.

Reading this thread makes me a lot more confident about the Wii.

I'm not too bothered about Wii Friend Codes now that I think about it. It would be simpler to just use the Wii Number, but none of my friends are online with their Wiis (bar my ICT teacher) so I'd just end up playing with people off the forum anyway.

I played A LOT of MKDS and never had lag. Don't have Diddy Kong though. Still, the DS has very little speed capacity when it comes to online, the Wii probably is better.

actually, the DS uses 802.11b wireless - which gives you a typical network speed of 6.5Mb/s, and a max of 11Mb/s.. Most modern broadband connections are between 1Mb/s and 8Mb/s......

Do wii(lol) actually know if the Wii has sytem or friend codes yet?

There leaving it abit late to tell us...

Elebits uses the system code to trade maps and things (I think). PBR uses a seperate code, but it uses the DS system for online stuff as the Wii one wasn't ready.

So we don't actually know yet.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!