N-Europe

Mario Strikers Charged Football

EchoDesiato

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was planning on just using the username for default,and anyone who had a team name could post it up along with their team.Then for each "League" make up a name for it.

If you think you have a good League name then leave it here and if it's good that will be a name for a league.

With experience of the Winning Eleven DS tournament (which came to a halt for some reason :heh:) I can say that I think that posting the scores would be fine without pictures as there were never any arguments in the WE League.
Yeah it kind of ran out of steam. The DS's limited online system and the dodgy frame rate didn't really help matters.

The Mario footie tourney should run much smoother.

I'm definitely getting this game now by the way, so count me in if there's still space. :hehe:

Yeah it kind of ran out of steam. The DS's limited online system and the dodgy frame rate didn't really help matters.

Yeah thats why it died down and the region locked versions didn't help....mario strikers will be soooo much better....

If this was one of those huge tournaments and there was a lot of people we didn't know,then i'd request photos.

If only there was a way to just watch the match,see friends previously non-ranked match scores or something :heh:

But I really don't expect there to be a problem.I'm confident everyone will be truthfull about the scores.Though both people will have to PM me or say so in the thread(preferably thread for proof for others) what the scores where from the matches.

If you can't have the same captain in the match,then post a back up captain incase along with your team.When it's your home match you have your initial captain,when away use your back up.

I think I lean more on the photo side as I'm pretty much the newest member who wants in on the tourney. I'll probably end up taking photo's anyway, I've gotta find something to do with my new mobile.

I have a vaugue feeling that in that jeux-france video they were both playing with the same captain. Just downloading the video now so will check once it's downloaded.

If we're comming up with team names I may have to go with Waluiggy United, five guess's to who my team captain might be.

Guest Stefkov

So when's the tourney taking place? Are you allowing a few days of practise, for people to get used to the controls?

So when's the tourney taking place? Are you allowing a few days of practise, for people to get used to the controls?

I think that is best. Me and /Nando/ are going to get some practice games in on the friday, if anyone else fancies joining us?!

Good bit of advertising going into this game!

http://www.cubed3.com/news/7559/1/Wright_And_Wright-Phillips_Do_Mario_Football

Nintendo News | Wright And Wright-Phillips Do Mario Football

With the footy season reaching its exciting climax, Nintendo UK have announced two familiar faces to feature in promotions for the upcoming Mario Strikers Charged Football, Ian Wright and Shaun Wright-Phillips.

The pair line-up against Mario and Co, starring in a series of adverts going live on TV from 19th May onwards during major sporting events like the Champions League and FA Cup finals, and the more family orientated spots like Coronation Street, Grease Is the Word and Big Brother.

The main focus of the campaign, aside from promoting the game itself, is to reveal the company’s first online effort in the continent – seeing Ian and Shaun go head to head with other players online using the Nintendo Wi-Fi connection.

Wright will also be making an appearance in the capital, in GAME (Oxford Street) from 9am on the 25th May to play against and sign for fans.

Guest Stefkov
ok well we will sort it out then! have a round robin of games or something...

i'll join in your pre-tourney games.

I don't even know how the cube version played so expect me to be rubbish

i'll join in your pre-tourney games.

I don't even know how the cube version played so expect me to be rubbish

I never played the cube version either...I have however played Sega Soccer Slam which is kinda similar paced version of football...but yeah I will likely suck as well...

OK, the temptation of the first online game for the Wii is too much, i've decided i will be emptying my wallet next Friday.... so who's setting up this tournament?

Has a system of play or anything been decided on yet?

OK, the temptation of the first online game for the Wii is too much, i've decided i will be emptying my wallet next Friday.... so who's setting up this tournament?

Has a system of play or anything been decided on yet?

Well here is some stuff Cube posted, we are also going for a Champions League Format...think ShadowV7 is organising it, i could be wrong tho...

Some suggestted "Rules"

Team/Stadium:

- Everyone choses a striker (Of course, they don't have to chuse until their first match), and has to keep the same striker for every game.

- Everyone also choses a "home" ground - so we can have 2 matches against each team instead of one (people can chose the same striker/ground)

- On top of this, they also chose 5 sidekicks, 2 or more can be the same character, to chose 3 from each match.

(So, 1 Striker, 5 sidekicks, 1 stadium)

I think everone having their own "team" and "home ground" will make it more interesting

We should have the same time and options (bar stadium - that should be the home team's stadium)

People will be put into groups (random order - done via The Hat), and pley everyone in the group twice (one home, one away).

Like the champions league, first 2 from each league go to the next round (League 1 winners Vs League 2 second, League 2 winners Vs League 1 second, etc).

These will have 2 legs (1 home, 1 away).

Final will be 1 leg, and take place in a random stadium

And the obvious no cheating, disconnecting, or lying about results (if you want, take a photo just in case) rules.

Anyone agree with these?

edit: And it could be set up Using Google Spreadsheets

By the way when is the draw?!

EDIT:

Just had an idea:

Keep the 4 groups (or at most 6 so have a second round) no matter what cos then that means it goes Q-final S-final, Final, but then have 3rd place teams go into UEFA cup style thing to keep interest if a group has 2 run away leaders...could be say 3rd and 4th if there are 5 or 6 teams in a group...

Then have a UEFA cup knockout, plus could even have a Super Cup Final right at the end, a bit unfair as losers would win the UEFA Cup having lost the Champs League and then potentially beat the Champions, but hey thats what happens in real football!

Yep i'm organising it.The draw will happen moments after the registration is done which is probably the Saturday or Monday night after the game is out,so if people buy it on an impulse,they can still registers.

Then names will go in a magic hat and randomly selected.

Tomorrow afternoon i'll have a tournament thread up,where there will be details of everythings that's happening,proto-tournament lay-out so I can explain how things work and some rules that everyone should be aware of and what to do after the match is completed.

Yep i'm organising it.The draw will happen moments after the registration is done which is probably the Saturday or Monday night after the game is out,so if people buy it on an impulse,they can still registers.

Then names will go in a magic hat and randomly selected.

Tomorrow afternoon i'll have a tournament thread up,where there will be details of everythings that's happening,proto-tournament lay-out so I can explain how things work and some rules that everyone should be aware of and what to do after the match is completed.

Read my above EDIT just an idea I had...

Also had another big idea...if Aussie could organize it with people over on aussie-nintendo the champions of ours could play the champions of any tournament (I assume they will have one!) they had, like a kind of Footballing Ashes...I think I'm getting very carried away!

Guest Stefkov

So many good ideas popping up I can't keep track. I usually come up with some ideas but everyone else has thought of good ones.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!