N-Europe

Mario Strikers Charged Football

EchoDesiato

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First review is in...

Reader Sventiga sent me an email letting me know that European gaming magazine N-Zone has the first review for Mario Strikers Charged. The most interesting part of the article makes a point to clear up a rumor. Sventiga was nice enough to translate the paragraph for us.

“We want to clear up a rumor that is spreading around the internet: It is NOT true that you can only play against European gamers. If you have the Friend Code of a friend registered who is living on another continent you can play against them. The only problem is that you may suffer some lag issues.â€

Well, that has to be the final say. I would hope a magazine that reviewed the game would have their facts straight. Just to confirm, I have seen the article in question and can confirm it to be real. I have posted a snippet below that shows the final scores they give the game.

scores.jpg

From GoNintendo

I'm starting to get really tempted by this. Shall have to see if my brother is willing to split it half way, or even just pay a tenner of it for me. If he's up for that, I may well just preorder it from Play.com in the coming days. If that's the case, I look forward to taking a lot of you on :heh:. Feel free to register my Wii Console Code :yay:

A Dutch magazine called NGamer (No relation to the UK one, nor to N Zone) has a review. Thanks to Kawaii on Neogaf for the translation.

Graphics

The term gamecube+ suffices. The game looks as good as the Gamecube version, some extra graphic effects.

Sound:

Monotonous, predictable, boring. We heared three different songs in the entire game, mediocre quality. Where are the Mario tunes?

Gameplay:

Wiiremote and nunchuck controls are OK, but so much more was possible? Waggling to do a sliding? Come on!

Long term:

Single player is short, with just a few cups and a few challenges, the lone gamer isn't in for a treat.

Conclusion:

Strikers charged doesn't add anything to the previous part, nearly doesn't use the capabilities of the Wii and doestn't feel like a quality title. Will the online mode rescue it?

They haven't even played the online mode by the way, apparently they rushed the review out for the latest issue.

A Dutch magazine called NGamer (No relation to the UK one, nor to N Zone) has a review. Thanks to Kawaii on Neogaf for the translation.

Graphics

The term gamecube+ suffices. The game looks as good as the Gamecube version, some extra graphic effects.

Sound:

Monotonous, predictable, boring. We heared three different songs in the entire game, mediocre quality. Where are the Mario tunes?

Gameplay:

Wiiremote and nunchuck controls are OK, but so much more was possible? Waggling to do a sliding? Come on!

Long term:

Single player is short, with just a few cups and a few challenges, the lone gamer isn't in for a treat.

Conclusion:

Strikers charged doesn't add anything to the previous part, nearly doesn't use the capabilities of the Wii and doestn't feel like a quality title. Will the online mode rescue it?

They haven't even played the online mode by the way, apparently they rushed the review out for the latest issue.

What score did they give it?!

They gave it 6.5/10. They say it was generally rushed and average. They'll review the online for the next issue but they said the multiplayer wasn't any better than the previous one and luck is a too big factor.

It's generally the worst issue I've seen so far to be honest.

They gave it 6.5/10. They say it was generally rushed and average. They'll review the online for the next issue but they said the multiplayer wasn't any better than the previous one and luck is a too big factor.

It's generally the worst issue I've seen so far to be honest.

You see luck being too big a factor is a big no no as it means the gameplay is potentially very unbalanced....

Graphics

Sound:

Gameplay:

Long term:

Conclusion:

That's a pretty piss poor review. Hmm, let's review Halo 2 without the online as well, shall we? :heh:

That's a pretty piss poor review. Hmm, let's review Halo 2 without the online as well, shall we? :heh:

True...I guess they reviewed it way before the online service was about, as far as I know it only went Alpha when those pictures started to circulate (of friend codes etc..) and it's likely this review started to get put together before then...

It is none the less worrying to hear that it is based on luck, this is my one worry that it may prove to be unbalanced which doesn't make for a good online game...

True...I guess they reviewed it way before the online service was about, as far as I know it only went Alpha when those pictures started to circulate (of friend codes etc..) and it's likely this review started to get put together before then...
They actually expected response like that and they claimed that they did play the definitive version of the game, but they couldn't go online because Nintendo's software only goes online some days before the 25th and there wouldn't be anyone to play with anyway.

They actually expected response like that and they claimed that they did play the definitive version of the game, but they couldn't go online because Nintendo's software only goes online some days before the 25th and there wouldn't be anyone to play with anyway.

Yeah but some people have obviously played some Alpha test versions of it with online modes as some camera pics they obviously didn't get invited or didn't attend lol!

I do believe you that they are saying they did review a definitive version...and that's why I said I was worried about the problem of it being unbalanced....

EDIT:

http://mariostrikers.nintendo.co.uk/ microsite has launched nothing much to look at though except the intro movie....

It is none the less worrying to hear that it is based on luck, this is my one worry that it may prove to be unbalanced which doesn't make for a good online game...

Either its based on luck, they were button-mashing/waggling or whatever you call it with the Wii. If they didn't fully understand the workings of the game, it may seem luck-based.

OMG that video made me wet my pants! May (pun intended) have to treat myself to this game.

lol! do it!

Either its based on luck, they were button-mashing/waggling or whatever you call it with the Wii. If they didn't fully understand the workings of the game, it may seem luck-based.

true will have to wait for more reviews to appear...

Ok i only just realised this is coming out this month (remember i was away for 4 weeks and missed a lot of things), so this will be the Wii's first online game in Europe then?

I see the term "friend codes" being used here, are ye refering to the Wii's "Console Code", did they actually go and use the DS "friend code" system, and Wii games will indeed have different codes each time also?

Ok i only just realised this is coming out this month (remember i was away for 4 weeks and missed a lot of things), so this will be the Wii's first online game in Europe then?

I see the term "friend codes" being used here, are ye refering to the Wii's "Console Code", did they actually go and use the DS "friend code" system, and Wii games will indeed have different codes each time also?

As far as i'm aware each Mii has a 'friend code' assigned to it in the game,so you register each others Miis,so you can see if that person is online or not.

The Wii's console code is only for the WiiConnect24 service so far.

First online game out in Europe,and we get an online game before the US.

If it is a Mii Friend Code it shouldn't be a problem. After all it still is the same for every game... It is even better because if more persons use the same console those persons probably have different friends and therefore it is good to have different friend codes, isn't it?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!