Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Best Gaming Music Ever.

Cheers for the link Monsieur Ville - made for epic listening!

And I see what you mean about the doppelgaenger thing (balls can't do an umlaut on these forums!) - I adore the whole "saving the townspeople by driving a giant robot (despite it being feudal Japan) through their homes".

So quirky. So epic.

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed - I'm currently playing through the first 64 game again - so bad ass!

Although my controller paks are having a bit of difficulty here and there. I imagine the connectors in the controller are a bit iffy after all these years. Anyone know a way of say, cleaning or improving them? I don't really know what the best term to use here is!

UPDATE: Ah-hah! I've found an excellent video, which I shall post in a separate thread.

Edited by Pookiablo

Came across a couple more awesome tunes from Mystical Ninja on my little session earlier.

and...

Love this game so much! By no means perfect but a charming little adventure! And navigating my way through Japan is quite tricky - so used to the linear games of today showing me the way that I've had to relearn to use a map and re-acquire my sense of direction!

For me, nothing beats the old classics.

For the 8-bit era:-

Target Renegade (128k) on the ZX Spectrum contains a whole bundle of my all time favourite tunes.

Glider Rider - another fantastic tuneage.

16 bit era:-

Wolfchild for the Amiga

32 bit era -

Probably Tomb Raider

After that, it sounds odd but I just don't seem to notice like I once did.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Such a classic. :hehe:

Anyone checked out the FF V stuff they are doing on OCR?

Excellent project, that one. Can't wait to see the next albums.

I love Final Fantasy 5, and they're doing a project with so much flavour.

An heroic theme for Knight, a soothing theme for White Mage, a weird theme for Blue Mage, etc.

I recommend both the game and this album.

Also, Sephiroth got nothing on "Sealed Book":

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

how about we have a chat about songs that pushed the old sytems to their limits..

This is as close to cd quality i've heard on snes.. Every song from this game, although not personally the best MUSIC per say it's quite impressive.

as for megadrive, nothing comes close to cd quality unfortunetly but hey it still had some bad ass tunes.

Edited by mcj metroid