Cheapshot

The Best Gaming Music Ever.

The Witcher 3 has some excellent tunes.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

That one is my favourite, by far.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

The Best Gaming Music Ever and no Splatunes!? :heh: Shit man, let's rectify that right away:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Seriously :heart: this soundtrack. :yay:

For some reason it popped into my head and for the last week, I've been listening to the Mirror's Edge soundtrack again. Still such a brilliant soundtrack, I mean this is just a brilliant track:

My brain has probably registered that E3 is next week and at EA's conference, we'll be seeing the new Mirror's Edge, as it's due out before April next year if that EA investor's meeting thing is to go by. Incredibly excited to see more of it as it feels like an age since the first game. Fond memories of playing it on release day. Think I'm in need of another play through :grin:

With Smash WiiU getting the Miiverse stage on Sunday, I couldn't resist having a sneak peak at what some of the music being used for it might be.

Then I came along what might just be my favourite remix in Smash 4 now!

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

They somehow made it more catchy!

I'm finding the Persona 4 music increasingly catchy recently, to the point that I'll be making a CD for the car as soon as I can be bothered.

My personal favourites:

And from Arena:

Edited by Goafer

I've just seen the thread on Gaf for these tunes. They do VG covers in mariachi style.

Fantastic, especially the Dr. Wily and Moon covers. :bowdown:

I've just seen the thread on Gaf for these tunes. They do VG covers in mariachi style.
Heard these guys a while back, they're absolutely amazing! icon14.gif

I listened to a lot of Mariachi growing up, so it's especially cool to hear VG tracks covered like this. :)

I've just seen the thread on Gaf for these tunes. They do VG covers in mariachi style./QUOTE]

Dem dark world violins <3

Gerudo Valley didn't quite do it for me though - but that's probably because it's already a top tune with its simple flemenco-esqueness; I find it hard to find good covers/remixes that I like which don't overcomplicate it.

So, a few weeks back, OCRemix launched a Final Fantasy IX remix album (found here). Some of my favourite tracks include a jazzy chill-out remix of the Tetra Master theme...

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

...a vocal solo of the Daguerreo theme (sung in Latin)...

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

...and a rockin' remix of the Necron Battle theme.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

So yeah, I recommend listening to the whole thing, there are some other nice surprises there, like the remixes of Dali and Conde Petie.

Only just scratched the surface with the game (I've cleared the first 3 gardens anyway) but the soundtrack for The Talos Principle is beautiful.

Definitely feel that it helps to establish that contemplative mood that the game is trying to put you in with all of the philosophical readings, QR codes, etc.

One that'll be getting quite a lot of play time in the office at work. Along with the Witcher 3 soundtrack and Journey's one which are both in frequent rotation.

I'm gonna go ahead and post one of the many, many, amazing pieces of music from Undertale. An absolutely astonishing game on Steam that you should all play right now.

I mean it, don't even look it up on Youtube, this game is best played with no prior knowledge. Just play it.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

LOL... Anyone remember this devil chanting track from Devil may Cry 3? Just popped into my head... Tried to scare my gf with it just now but failed.

Tales of Symphonia soundtrack :love: Still some of the best imo.

Picked out a few:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I heard this song in episode one of Life Is Strange and it's been stuck in my head ever since.

The lyrics that get to me:

"Goodbye to the children we'll never meet

And the ones we left behind

I'm somewhere, you're somewhere

I'm nowhere, you're nowhere

You're somewhere, you're somewhere

I could go there,

but I don't"

I've got something in my eye, brah.

Admittedly my taste in video game music is quite large and I like a large amount of music, but I feel one of the better soundtracks to come out of gaming in the last two years and one of my favourites is the Freedom Planet soundtrack. Here's some of my favourites:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

As for other games, the original Xenoblade has one of the best soundtracks ever in a video game, I checked back to see what had been posted in this thread (I'm still new here) and this theme hadn't been posted yet. Probably because it's spoiler territory, but this song is just too good to be ignored.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

All time favourite theme is probably the final boss of Okami though:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Admittedly my taste in video game music is quite large and I like a large amount of music, but I feel one of the better soundtracks to come out of gaming in the last two years and one of my favourites is the Freedom Planet soundtrack. Here's some of my favourites:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

As for other games, the original Xenoblade has one of the best soundtracks ever in a video game, I checked back to see what had been posted in this thread (I'm still new here) and this theme hadn't been posted yet. Probably because it's spoiler territory, but this song is just too good to be ignored.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

All time favourite theme is probably the final boss of Okami though:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Fixed your links. You don't need to post the entire link within the brackets, just the code that comes after "watch?v=". For example, the Okami tune is the following (without the asterisks):

[*MUSIC]ya3yxTbkh5s[*/MUSIC]

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

This tune from Pokemon Sun/Moon is probably the highlight of the soundtrack so far from what I've heard in the demo version.

If I had a top 10 of gaming music, this would have to be in here:

Virginia's soundtrack is also hnnnnnnnnnngggggg. This one in particular:

This is the best version of the music from the roadhouse scene that I can find:

And this one is the end credits, which is just wonderful: