Cheapshot

The Best Gaming Music Ever.

On 3/25/2017 at 1:16 AM, dwarf said:

Had an amazing experience recently while I was trying to find footage of a level from Driver (PS1). Followed a trail of breadcrumbs on YouTube and happened across the soundtrack to Need for Speed 2, which I hadn't heard for over 15 years. I remembered playing racing games with a steering wheel controller when I was 5 or 6 years old, including Colin MaCrae Rally, but I didn't realise it was a Need for Speed game I'd played all that time ago. Man, the nostalgia rush upon listening to these tracks was unreal. So, so good.

This is actually not bad. Not bad at all.

On 2/12/2018 at 2:23 AM, GenericAperson said:

Here's a gem from a not very well known PC game... 

The GOAT rally game! Nice find!

On 08/03/2018 at 9:17 PM, Nicktendo said:

The GOAT rally game! Nice find!

Only just seen it myself! Remember I had it as some massive PC kit bundle thingy. Unless I'm mistaken Four to the Floor was one of my faves tracks of the time...

(such a blast from the past!)

Edit: actually I think I may have merely had this as one of my favourites. Very tempted to put these on my usb stick for the car...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rummy said:

Only just seen it myself! Remember I had it as some massive PC kit bundle thingy. Unless I'm mistaken Four to the Floor was one of my faves tracks of the time...

(such a blast from the past!)

Edit: actually I think I may have merely had this as one of my favourites. Very tempted to put these on my usb stick for the car...

Wow, there are people on this forum who actually played this game? That's pretty cool.

This was the first driving game I ever played, though I'll admit since then that the Burnout series has replaced that as my favourite. Still, a lot of nostalgia for this game, the co-driver's voice giving you directions and the way he reads them have been embedded into my head since forever.

9 hours ago, GenericAperson said:

Wow, there are people on this forum who actually played this game? That's pretty cool.

This was the first driving game I ever played, though I'll admit since then that the Burnout series has replaced that as my favourite. Still, a lot of nostalgia for this game, the co-driver's voice giving you directions and the way he reads them have been embedded into my head since forever.

Haha yep my first one too! Well, one that wasn't a cartoons racer like mario kart street racer diddy Kong etc. I just recall it came with the PC or some multimedia bundle and we didn't really have/get PC games much but it was there so I would play it! Wasn't very good at first but it's my first foray into a more real sort of driving game. Funnily enough if I had to pick a favourite racing series it would probably be Burnout too - really wish they'd make a new one.

Been playing A Hat in Time recently. This game has a great soundtrack with some stand out tunes. Here are some of my favourites so far.

Edited by GenericAperson

And now to acknowledge the best OST of 2018:

OK, I can't claim to have heard every OST from every game that's come out this year but, this surely has to be one of the stronger ones right?