NEurope
Cheapshot

The Best Gaming Music Ever.

I thought I'd give this thread a mild dosis of Fused's gaming music library:D

Professor Layton and Pandora's Box

Folsense - Live

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Gets me everytime. The paino, the harmonica, the violin. We need a Layton series inspired theme park I say!

Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney

Professor Layton's Theme orchestrated

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Although I still prefer the original, this makes me hope for a localisation announcement for the west come August by Level-5 even more!

Rayman: Hoodlum Havoc

Land of the Livid Dead

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I'm still left clueless as to why people think Rayman lost it with Hoodlum Havoc. It's a great platforming with beautiful environments, quirky moments, and inspiring/dary music!

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair

Hail from the Past remix

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

How I wish I could download this game for the music alone. Wait a minute, ....I've already downloaded the music:D Great tracks have been remixed into even greater tracks!

Paper Mario

Raphael the Raven's theme

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

This was always one of the more interesting characters in the Mario universe. A wise Raven who needs to appear more in games. I'd like to hear this track orchestrated:laughing:

Paper Mario and The Thousand Year Door

Doopliss Battle theme

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Ah, Doopliss. You stole Mario's identity, leaving him in a shadowy state. Still, he met Vivian this way; a smoking hot ghost. This theme really has that tense-battle vibe to it. It feels great to pummel a 'Freak in a Sheet' with a choir of dead children sould in the background:p

Super Paper Mario

Sammer's Kingdom

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Yes, I took on each and every one of Sammer's guards; a 100 to be exact, and I am ever so greatful for Intellient Systems to include a sweet track in this area. The music kept me going!

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia

Shanoa's Theme (Dusk's Holy Mark)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

My very first Castlevania, and I immediately fell in love with Shanoa and her theme. SO powerful, so up-beat, and yet so epic!

Metroid Prime Trilogy

Menu Theme

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I can't find words for this.

Mario&Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

Final Battle

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I've always loved the EPICNESS of a final battle in Mario RPGs, but this one takes the cake. I can't help but name this theme 'Harmony of Despair'.

Little King's Story

Tiptoe Kingdom

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Frère Jacques, Little King's Story style. The people who made this are simply brilliant!

Onii King Battle

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

This is one of my favourite themes in LKS, but when you hear the original classical piece from which is was remixed your jaw will drop.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
(Erik Satie - Gnossienne no. 1)

How anyone could extract THAT remix from the original is beyond me. THese guys live on Mt. Fuji as gods I tell you!

Worrywart Kingdom maze

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Damn, the maze in the Worrywart Kingdom with all its freaky posters about the meaningless of life in all stages of life bugged the hell out of me. With this theme in the background I found myself sucking my thumb and hugging my stuffed Kirby

Jazz Jackrabbit 2

Dark Groove

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I believe Alexander Brandon is responsible for the music in the Jazz Jackrabbit series, and boy is he good. I usually use this track to relax a bit after I've listened to too many epic Zelda tracks:bouncy:

Medieval jam

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Again, relaxing, and it should all be elevator music!

I sometimes feel that I find gaming music more important than the actual game itself. I'd say that if all games were mute, gaming probably wouldn't be my number one hobby.

My main music preference also consists of gaming scores/remixes, so I depend upon new games to bring me awesome OSTs:D

Having been playing Radiant Dawn lately, I've stumbled on a few amazing themes. Most of Path of Radiance's music annoys me, but Radiant Dawn is just captivating.

Bearer of Hope

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

This song plays twice over the course of the game, both in incredibly difficult "Defend" chapters. The first time is when a subplot reaches it climax. The second, when your army fights a meaningless battle with impossible odds. Thankfully, the music gives you energy to continue in both occasions.

Power-Hungry Fool

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Fantastic arrangement from a PoR theme.

The Strong

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

A brief tune that plays in a couple of action cutscenes. Unfortunately, it doesn't actually play in-gameplay, not even as a battle theme. It's blood-pumping.

Eternal Bond

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

You already know this one, right? It never gets old.

Having been playing Radiant Dawn lately, I've stumbled on a few amazing themes. Most of Path of Radiance's music annoys me, but Radiant Dawn is just captivating.

I don't know how you managed to limit your post to just four tracks because I was completely floored by Radiant Dawn's soundtrack. Absolutely fantastic. I thought PoR's was good at the time but RD just goes to show how lacking it was for the most part because I remember so many more of the tracks. So much more variety.

All the map theme's (like Eternal Bond and Bearer of Hope) are great and always set the mood perfectly. Hymn of the Righteous, Conviction, Dark Traveler... so many good songs.

Sorrowful King Pelleas

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

The Fire Emblem games often have character specific themes but I don't think any of them have captured the individual quite like this one does. It sums up him and his situation effortlessly.

I'm also a fan of...

Zealot's Prayer

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

and it's use for when there are dark things at hand. Sets the tone picth perfect and the way it goes all quiet at the end with the notes still playing. Gives me shivers :p

The only thing from PoR that I believe really competes is this...

Ike's Resolution

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

It's a composition of the opening few map themes (Like Father Like Son, The First Fight & A Battle and a Beginning) and consesquently doesn't get many levels of it's own - I think it's only used twice.

Has anyone noticed how the 16-bit Final Fantasy games have great mountain tunes?

FF IV - Mount Ordeals

ff4tay_088.jpg

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

FF V - North Mountain

157.png

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

FF VI - Mt Kolts

mortalattack.jpg

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I don't know how you managed to limit your post to just four tracks because I was completely floored by Radiant Dawn's soundtrack. Absolutely fantastic. I thought PoR's was good at the time but RD just goes to show how lacking it was for the most part because I remember so many more of the tracks. So much more variety.

Completely agree. I :heart: Pelleas' Theme. And the Radiant Dawn soundtrack is perfect all around.

From PoR, the only worthwhile tracks (IMO) were Beautiful Princess Elincia...

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Lion King Caineghis (much better in the RD arrangement)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

...and the previously mentioned Power-Hungry Fool.

Also, I just remembered about Wisdom of Ages

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Glorious.

We should all know by now that Golden Sun and The Lost Age had the best soundtracks on the GBA and I've just stumbled on these rather impressive remixes. Some of you might have heard them already, they might have already been posted here, but I didn't want to take the chance that people hadn't heard them.

So enjoy - I know I did, am and will be!

Venus Lighthouse

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Aqua Rock

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Mars Lighthouse

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

The Golden Sun Rises

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

The guy has a couple more on his channel, so take a look, but I feel I've posted the ones people would be most interested to hear.

Edit: I've been listening to these all day. If I could thank my own post, I would :p

Edited by Captain Falcon

A couple of Stickerbrush Symphony/Bramble Blast remix's I like:

Serious Monkey Business: Bramble Reprise

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

kamadashipoteto barbed spines remix

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Smash Brothers Brawl Bramble Blast

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

GBA version

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

8-bit rendition by djbouche

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
Edited by Helmsly

A couple of Stickerbrush Symphony/Bramble Blast remix's I like:

Serious Monkey Business: Bramble Reprise

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

kamadashipoteto barbed spines remix

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Smash Brothers Brawl Bramble Blast

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

GBA version

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

8-bit rendition by djbouche

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I never even really/properly played the original Donkey Kongs, so I was never aware of this beautiful tune until Brawl, but I gotta say since then it's possibly one of my favourite ever video game tunes!

Nice selection of Stickerbrush Symphony remixes there. :hehe: Bramble Scramble, Bramble Blast and Screech's Sprint were deceptive levels - they seemed like a bright and fun setting with some rock hard barrel blasting, platforming and racing to navigate. However, once you calm yourself down it becomes a breeze... then you can spout in the playground about how everyone that thinks its tough sucks. :cool: Myth busted.

I have not read the whole thread, so apologies if these have been mentioned:

Contra 3/Super Probotector Level 1 :bouncy:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Metroid Prime Title

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

This thread is so awesome! I really enjoy listening to good game music!

Here are my favorites:

Pikmin 2:

-title screen

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Animal Crossing: population growing:

-Meteor shower:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

-1 AM:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Yoshi's island DS:

-Title screen:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Pokemon:

-Route 42:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

TLOZ: the wind waker:

-title screen:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

-sage fado:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

-Aryll's theme:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

That's about it :p

Edited by M_rock

Recently I've been playing Sonic Generations which has a remake of one of Sonic Colours levels, Planet Wisp. I've not played Colours yet, but the music from that level is fantastic:

Colours Version

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Generations version:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
Edited by Helmsly

Released last month, has anyone had a chance to check out OCRemix's Mega Man X tribute album?

coverthumb.jpg

I've not got round to listening to every track yet as I've been starting with the ones I know and my memory gets hazy rather quickly the further I stray from the first X game.

Here are some that are doing it for me straight off the bat though

Maverick Rising: 3-07 'Towering Revolution' (Boomer Kuwanger from X1)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Maverick Rising: 2-11 'Let There Be Light' (Dr. Light's theme from X1 and X2 - also includes the Weapon Get and Robot Master theme)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Maverick Rising: 1-02 'Super Fighting Robot X' (Opening Stage from X3)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Can't wait to see what other delights are in there.

I did :) Tower Revolution is probably my favourite track there. Other highlights:

4-07 - A Flea and His Giant (Infinity Mijinion from X6 & Opening Stage from X4)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

2-08 - Put Ya Guns On (Zero Stage 2 from X5)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

3-03 - The Leidenfrost Effect (Blizzard Buffalo from X3)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

1-05 - Insecta Robotica (Commander Yammark from X6)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

5-04 - resolut(-ion) (Area Zero from MMZero 4)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

There are way too many for me to name. Since I barely remembered a lot of tracks (not to mention I haven't played half of the series), I just left the Album on play and hoped to recognize things here and there. Ended up liking remixes from tracks I'd never heard before.

Maverick Rising: 2-11 'Let There Be Light' (Dr. Light's theme from X1 and X2 - also includes the Weapon Get and Robot Master theme)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I love this tune! I actually just played though Megaman X over the weekend. With my Cube dusted off I slammed in the Megaman X collection. :heart: I love some of the tunes in that game especially....

Storm Eagle Stage

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Zero's Theme

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Armored Armadillo Stage

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I love this tune! I actually just played though Megaman X over the weekend. With my Cube dusted off I slammed in the Megaman X collection. :heart: I love some of the tunes in that game especially....

The first game had an amazing soundtrack but each passing game got a little bit worse. I've never actually played any of the X games after 3 and my only experience is watching play throughs on YT but not much musically ever stood out. I think even the graphics look a bit iffy at times as if they are trying to show too much detail. That album has a couple of Armoured Armadillo and but just one for Storm Eagle and Zero's original theme.

Oh well, I'll have to make do with Mega Man Zero Collection - up to the last boss on the first game but it's a bit tricky in parts. The layout may be different but it's still great fun.

Donkey Kong Country 2 - Enchanted Wood:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Amazing cover by ShimaPiano:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Another cover by Ergosonic:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

ShimaPiano cover of Stickerbush Symphony/bramble blast

Broadcast Yourself
Audio