NEurope
Cheapshot

The Best Gaming Music Ever.

I love video game music in general. It can crossover so many genres and can hold a really special place in your heart because you have memories with the song and soundtrack in general.

I love all the champion themes in pokemon. I think they're all very epic in their own special way and fit the characters really well. Diantha's theme for example is really pretty.

This was in a video I was watching about the game earlier and it just got me remembering. Not saying it's neccessarily the 'best' but...dat game, dem memories.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Another iconic melody, though I posted this elsewhere t'other day.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

This is from one of my favourite PSX games. This is Shyst's theme from the game. I think it's so pretty.

Edited by ChloboShoka
Thanks Jonnas :)

[MUSIC*]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyMoEdNY3Zk[/MUSIC*]

I should explain: To embed audio videos here, you only need the part I bolded (that is, the small code after the "=" symbol). Something like:

[MUSIC*]uyMoEdNY3Zk[/MUSIC*]

If we remove the asterisks, it becomes:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I love video game music in general. It can crossover so many genres and can hold a really special place in your heart because you have memories with the song and soundtrack in general.

I love all the champion themes in pokemon. I think they're all very epic in their own special way and fit the characters really well. Diantha's theme for example is really pretty.

Agreed. Though, the Sinnoh Champion is my favourite champion track

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Fun fact, one of the hosts of Pokémon Smash, series Director Junichi Masuda and a couple of other GameFreak staff formed a band and actually did a song based on it with a music video

Edited by Serebii

Slowly working my way through the FFX Remaster.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

One of the best pieces of Gaming Music ever composed.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Nostalgia.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Amazing rearrangement.

MGS Ground Zeroes

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Breathtaking, as always.

Infamous Second Son

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

The OST caught me off guard. To be honest I wasn't expecting awesome tracks, but Infamous surprised me!

I should explain: To embed audio videos here, you only need the part I bolded (that is, the small code after the "=" symbol). Something like:

[MUSIC*]uyMoEdNY3Zk[/MUSIC*]

If we remove the asterisks, it becomes:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Thanks Jonnas. Know I know. :)

I'm on a Tuff E Nuff/Dead Dance craze. Rei had my favourite stage, and favourite theme from the game, tied with Zazi.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

@Serebii Cynthia is also my favourite champion. That song is awesome and so is that music video. Wish it was longer though.

Edited by ChloboShoka

Ever since I got Spotify Premium a few months back I've been listening to the occasional gaming soundtrack as well as my usual stuff.

Today I fancied typing in Chrono Trigger, and the album it spat it is really great. Really great.

Track 9 At the bottom of the night is still the saddest song in a video game.

Dude, I just just was about to post the Chrono Trigger music. Twelve years after I first played it, it's still my favourite game of all time.

Hotline Miami has the best gaming soundtrack of the last decade imo. It just screams 80's Miami and makes me want to watch Scarface all over again.

Tracks 4 and 8. Literally perfect.

In pursuit of old gaming music that still sounds great, I came back to Phantasy Star Online.

Phantasy Star Online. Just listening to this epic track reminds me of the very best game Sega have made. Such memories.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Does anyone remember this beautiful theme of the Garage in Gran Turismo 2 on the PS1?

J'adore.:heart:

I mentioned I was in a bit of an FF IV mood recently. Instead of starting a new file in it, or NG+ on the DS version, I've put the OCRemix Echoes of Betrayal, Shadows of Redemption album back on the iPod. A few stand out tracks have been:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Smiling Hilltop for Four Hands (aka Mt Ordeals!)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Almost Fell for the Trojan (aka Troia!)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Theme of Love for Guitar Duet

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Evoking the Dawn (aka Prelude!)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Bridge to Eternity (Within the Giant)

The Distant Worlds versions of FF music are pretty epic, especially live. I went to see it a few years ago at the Royal Albert Hall and I'm going back in November. To say I'm pretty hyped would be an understatement. There's just something about a live orchestra that I haven't seen anywhere else. It's weird. It's has a certain "fullness" about it, without being just loud. Probably something to do with the sheer amount of instruments being played. It's not something that can be captured in video.

Check the guy who fucking loves playing the triangle at 1:00:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

This is from one of my favourite PSX games. This is Shyst's theme from the game. I think it's so pretty.

Oh my god, somebody who knows Puchi Carat. I used to play this one religiously on my PS1, thank you for the nostalgia. I will have to pick this one up again.

Here's the music from the final level of Goldeneye (007) playing over the final scene of the film.

And it's amazing

Not strictly video game music, but it's related to a video game-theme film and actual NES, SNES, Atari 2600 and Mega Drive consoles were used in recording it. It's also done by Bear McCreary.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Here's the music from the final level of Goldeneye (007) playing over the final scene of the film.

And it's amazing

:bowdown:

Amazing finale, too. Really want to watch the film again now.

Top Ten Franchise Soundtracks (GameTrailers)

10. Warcraft

9. Mega Man

8. Chrono*Series

7. Metroid

6. Donkey Kong Country

5. Metal Gear Solid

4. Castlevania

3. Super Mario

2. The Legend of Zelda

1. Final Fantasy