Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

YouTube Your Favourite Show Openings!

The3rdChildren

This seems to have become primarily about animations of yesteryear, so to balance things out I'm going to explore some live action wonderment before my eventual cartoon trawl later.

The Adventures of Pete and Pete's Hey Sandy, performed by Polaris.

I firmly believe this to be one of the best openings ever, with such a wonderfully surreal song which goes hand in hand with the show's content itself, Hey Sandy is the winner. Also the random flying bike always raises a chuckle.

Smallville.

Some love it, some hate it, others simply don't get it. Regardless of how I feel about animated montage openings, live action montages are almost a necessity and Smallville combines a great song with some very effective imagery to create what I feel is one of today's finest opening sequences.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best ever opening for me though is:

Dragonball Z:

Goddamn, that brings out the total DBZ nerd in me.

Is that the English one? I can't get that link to work for some reason. If so, the Japanese ones are far more cheesy.

Cha-La Head Cha-La

Such a landmark song, and one I must have listened to a thousand times. The scene where the Saiyans Vegeta and Nappa are walking through the lava is awesome, as is the scene where Gohan is leaping across the landscape as Shenlong rises behind him.

We Gotta Power!

Far more catchy and upbeat than the first intro, We Gotta Power played from the Great Saiyaman Saga onwards. My opinion about this intro is it starts out really well, but degenerates to poop about midway through, but the first half is enough to make it a solid favourite.

I always preferred the

after they reanimated the later segment, although the most recent one is also quite nice. That 4th one has some of the most exciting and fluid opening animation I've ever seen.

Is that the English one? I can't get that link to work for some reason. If so, the Japanese ones are far more cheesy.

Cha-La Head Cha-La

We Gotta Power!

*Fixed*

Haha, yeah, I've seen both of those on the movie intros, I especially like the Head Chala one. But nothing compares to the Rock the Dragon theme in the english version, goddamn, I'm off to learn it on guitar actually. Laters.

This is a great thread, and Jordan has already ruined my night by reminding me how catchy the Pokemon Johto theme is. Anyway, i've got many favourites. I could spend all night posting them, but i'll try and limit myself to 5.. for the moment. We're going in.

- Used to love this theme, the hedgehog part in particular stands out for me.

- Another favourite with Anneka Rice. For some reason the video starts at the ending credits and is then rewound to the intro at 00:25, so stick with it.

Knightmare - no explanation needed. I always felt this particular version was the best.

Angry Beavers - always used to make me laugh when they fight near the end.

Earthworm Jim - One of the best videogame -> cartoon crossovers.

I tried to find the intros to Around the World with Willy Fogg but I couldn't find it which was slightly disappointing. I also tried to find the classic intro to Catchphrase, but I could only find the crappy newer one without Roy Walker.

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g62CFyVv3Jc

Cha-La Head Cha-La

Such a landmark song, and one I must have listened to a thousand times. The scene where the Saiyans Vegeta and Nappa are walking through the lava is awesome, as is the scene where Gohan is leaping across the landscape as Shenlong rises behind him.

I love that theme so much. The original English theme is also soo good, I don't know why they ever remixed it.

..anyone got the Gladiators intro..?

I can't find it anywhere, but it was excellent.

[edit]

I'm just posting the Chip n' Dale: Rescue Rangers intro because I finally found one with the sound effects in. This show was a huge part of my childhood and even today I consider it one of the better Disney creations. The five-part story which introduced all the characters was absolutely excellent as well.

You have to love that lightning crack at the start as their little ship thing, the name of which eludes me, is going through the spooky trees.

I always preferred the
after they reanimated the later segment, although the most recent one is also quite nice. That 4th one has some of the most exciting and fluid opening animation I've ever seen.

I'm not too keen on the newer openings, i prefer the 2nd season especially the bit where its showing all the the teams.

Just wondering, since the 3rd movies out at the cinemas in Japan that should mean Kakashi Gaiden is starting soon. That will probably have a class opening.

Not sure if these have been posted already. I had a quick swoop through this thread, and i must have missed them.

You, sir, deserve an award.. what a top show!

He-Man

(I used to have He-Man jammies :heh:.. however I still have my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles duvet..)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!