NEurope
Helmsly

Sonic And The Secret Rings

No really, who?

"Generic Sega mascot #63" ? Really, I have no idea, I just know that she's from Sonic's 360 game. And that Sonic rapes her! SONIC BOOOOOM|

My expectations of this game aren't that high. I have an expectation of a minimum benchmark of 80% average ratio with 50+ reviews. It looks like it could just be the greatest 3d Sonic game of all time or could end up being a cop out like Banana Blitz was.

From GoNintendo:

I don’t know if these posts are complete BS (which is 100% possible) or if these guys are being genuine. I really am hoping for the latter. Three testers for Sonic and the Secret Rings have posted some blog entries concerning their playtime with the game. From what they are saying, the game will definitely kick ass. They appear to be having a wonderful time with it. I really do hold hope that this could be the first real “great†fully 3d Sonic game. If Sega feels this way too, they are smart to let these guys talk. On the other hand, Sega could be trying to salvage sales of a new 3d Sonic title after the disaster that is Sonic the Hedgehog (Xbox 360, soon to PS3). Take a look at one of the posts below from Alan and Adam, two QA testers for Sonic and the Secret Rings. Follow the link afterwards to read up on another tester’s opinion.

We’ve been working on Sonic and the Secret Rings since it came in for testing in mid December (you may have seen the backs of our heads in Justin’s blog entry back on Dec 14). We’ve been playing SSR day in day out and we’re still not bored.

We may have completed the game a hundred times, but we still love the challenge - trying to beat each other to get the top times on each mission. There are more than 20 hours of really tough, really fast gameplay to be had. In fact I think we can safely say this is the fastest Sonic game yet.

SSR has a completely original story, loosely based on the Arabian Nights book (with some bizarre twists) and features you’ve never seen before. This is the first Sonic game to include a kind of RPG element, as Sonic levels up with experience points. The higher your level, the more skills you unlock and the faster you go! By the time you reach level 60 you’ll be running so fast your eyes will bleed. The game also looks great, not that you’ll get a chance to appreciate the scenery at the speed you’ll be running.

The Wii controls work really well. This is no port; this is a true Wii game, designed from the ground up with the Wii remote in mind. And finally, if all that wasn’t enough, there’s loads of fun to be had with the huge selection of awesome multiplayer mini games, which make great use of the Wii technology.

This is back-to-basics Sonic. It’s all about speed, the way it should be. If you remember playing Sonic the Hedgehog 2 with great nostalgia, we think you’re going to love this.

My expectations of this game aren't that high. I have an expectation of a minimum benchmark of 80% average ratio with 50+ reviews. It looks like it could just be the greatest 3d Sonic game of all time or could end up being a cop out like Banana Blitz was.

it is garunteed to be the best 3d sonic game ever especially in terms of reviews.banana blitz scored quite well despite being hugely disappointing.I would have given it 65%

Brand new trailer - Sonic dinosaur

sonicwii.jpg

As AWESOME as that looked...

What was with Sonic's "Yeah"?

Sonic seems to have a new (even worse!!) voice in this trailer! At first I thought maybe it was that 'spirits' voice that gives hints, but I'm pretty sure it's Sonic!

Bring back the previous voice!!

As AWESOME as that looked...

What was with Sonic's "Yeah"?

Sonic's seems to have a new (even worse!!) voice in this trailer! At first I thought maybe it was that 'spirits' voice that gives hints, but I'm pretty sure it's Sonic!

Bring back the previous voice!!

You're completely right! Or better yet, keep his mouth shut, he doesn't need an earlier 90's attitude anymore.

I expected to be disappointed but this trailer actually looked very awesome, so awesome I watched it multiple times - I even liked the music.

Did anyone also notice the ring Sonic was carrying on the middlefinger of his right hand (you see it at the beginning of the trailer). Guess it has something to do with the Secret Rings.

I'm also surprised by the effort Sega put into this. The levels look very detailed and it actually looks graphics-wise above GC.

And considered that all GC Sonic games looked like Dreamcast ones (ok they were ports but still) it seems that Sega is really trying to make a decent product that utilizes the Wii's power.

Sonic would be better being a silent hero. The voice will get tedious as you progress further into the game.

Sonic would be better being a silent hero. The voice will get tedious as you progress further into the game.

Very true, but Sonic is always seen as a character with "attitude." They've always been trying to give him a voice...dunno, to make him sound super-cool, or something.

I agree, though. It hasn't worked. He didn't utter in a word in the old megadrive games (as far as I know) and we still thought he was cool. As soon as he opened his mouth, it just all went wrong.

Personally, I think Jason Griffith is the only one who's doing a consistently good job as Sonic and Shadow.

Come on now everyone.

YEAHHHHHHH!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

j/k :p

I really don't like that "Yeah!" either.Though the game is looking very nice though.Just a bit over a month now and we'll have it in our hands :)

Very true, but Sonic is always seen as a character with "attitude." They've always been trying to give him a voice...dunno, to make him sound super-cool, or something.

I agree, though. It hasn't worked. He didn't utter in a word in the old megadrive games (as far as I know) and we still thought he was cool. As soon as he opened his mouth, it just all went wrong.

thats because his voice is stupid and he says stupid things.They should hire the guy who did the satam cartoons.sonic sounded good on tv

Come on now everyone.

YEAHHHHHHH!

i dont like the other voice either

'Watch out sonic! the red spirts breath FIRE'WOW i didnt see that coming

Does anyone remember the catch-phrases from any of the cartoon series? Such awesome lines such as "Let's do-it-two-it!"

*Hides under rug shaking*

Does anyone remember the catch-phrases from any of the cartoon series? Such awesome lines such as "Let's do-it-two-it!"

*Hides under rug shaking*

that was satam.The dark sonic cartoon with sally.my favourite 90s cartoon

GameTrailers...almost as awful as IGN at streaming videos.

edit: It looks ace.