NEurope
ipaul

Post your random pointless fact here

Langhian is a stage of the middle Miocene epoch that spans the time between 15.97 ± 0.05 Ma and 13.65 ± 0.05 Ma (million years ago).

Bojnik (Бојник) is a village and municipality located in the Jablanica District of Serbia. In 2002, the population of the village was 3,159, while population of the municipality was 13,118.

Son of Andries Pretorius, Marthinus Wessel Pretorius (17 September 1819 - 19 May 1901) was the first president of the South African Republic, and also compiled the constitution of the Republic. He also founded the city of Pretoria and named it in honour of his father.

He was the last Head of State of Potchefstroom between 1853 and 1856. He then served as the first president of Transvaal from 1857 until 1860, and again between 1864 and 1871. He also served as the president of the Orange Free State from 1859 until 1863. Finally, he served as the joint head of state of Transvaal between 1880 and 1883.

According to the annals of Shalmaneser I, discovered at Assur (Assur: An ancient Assyrian city on the Tigris and traditional capital of Assyria; just south of the modern city of Mosul in Iraq), in his first year he conquered eight countries in the north-west and destroyed the fortress of Arinnu, the dust of which he brought to Assur.

Charlie Chaplin entered a Charlie Chaplin look-alike contest and came 3rd.

Actualy he didnt come 3rd he didnt even make it to the final round, which is actualy even more awesome.

Haha, is that true?

What position did Baldrick come? :heh:

---

If you sneeze and fart at the same time you explode.

Haha, is that true?

What position did Baldrick come? :heh:

---

If you sneeze and fart at the same time you explode.

yeah, but apparently its impossible

i dont believe i anyway, not unless i saw it could i be convinced

Ive done that, all it did was make my fart painful and sneeze all over my shirt, kinda like an explosion wont u agree

Quote:

In Christopher Columbus' time people knew the world was round.

I swear they didn't

Actually, MoogleViper is right. Most people (except for peasants) knew the world was round, because of the work of their scientists. The scientists also fairly accuratly predicted the size of Earth, and many thought Columbus would have to run into other land before reaching India, because the Earth was simply too large.

Also, Columbus, until the day he died, firmly believed that he had landed in India.

Eh, my mom often farts when she sneezes and she hasn't exploded yet.

One other thing I heard/read somewhere is that if you sneeze with your eyes open, they will pop out. Guess that'll only work if someone forces them to stay open, as naturally your eyes always close when you sneeze, I think.

video yourself sneezing and find out :heh:

I don't know when I will sneeze.

video yourself for long enough, bound to catch one sneeze. that or bring on a sneeze intentionally.....

video yourself for long enough, bound to catch one sneeze. that or bring on a sneeze intentionally.....

Yeah, sniff some pepper

I have a friend who can make himself sneeze by looking at the sun.

A jiffy is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.

The dot above a letter, such as 'i', or 'j', is called a tittle

The dot above a letter, such as 'i', or 'j', is called a tittle

And the cross of a t is called a jot... hence the expression "not one jot or tittle".

And the cross of a t is called a jot... hence the expression "not one jot or tittle".

Ive never heard of that expression.

This thread is so informative :bouncy:

They are making Veronica Mars action figures (and I love the show, but think its a bit silly. Whats also silly is they are making one of Veronica, Logan and Weevil and thats it. Its like they want to suggest a threesome).

An average of 40,000 Americans are injured by toilets each year.

William James Sidis is regarded as the smartest guy that ever lived. With an IQ of between 250 and 300!!!!

Went to Harvard as an 11 year old!