NEurope
ipaul

Post your random pointless fact here

Birds dont pee at all. They crap out pure ammonia.

I know this, because I have never seen a bird peeing, and I asked my biology teacher why this was.

They'll crap out uric acid. Only organisms in aquatic environments will excrete ammonia due to the high amount of water ended to dilute the ammonia to safe levels. Youc an tell who paid attention in biology now :(

Hey, guys. I checked that Victor, Colorado thing, and they used to be paved with gold. Still pretty cool, though.

north3rd.jpg

It has been ten years (going by the month rather than an exact date) since "Wannabe" was released.

(Was relevant to another convo I was having)

If you chew chewing gum whilst cutting onions, you won't cry. Apparently.

On the subject of gum, chewing gum and diet soda can give you cancer.

wait... I'm drinking a Diet Coke right now!!! AGGHH!!! *CANCERED*

Lawl. Burger has the hiv. Lawl...also...soda??? Get yer yankie ass outta here, ya punk! :heh:

Snail Facts:

1.The largest land snail ever found was 15 inches long and weighed 2 pounds!

2.Snails' bodies produce a thick slime. Because of this slime, they can crawl across the edge of a razor and not get hurt.

3.Some snails have been known to live up to 15 years.

4.Snails are hermaphrodites which means that they have both male and female reproductive organs.

5.Snails usually travel in irregular paths, often traveling in a circle.

6.Snails reply mainly on their sense of touch and smell when finding food because they have very poor eyesight.

7.Snails cannot hear.

8.Snails can retract one or both of their tentacles at a time.

9.Because of the suction created by their slime, a snail can crawl upside down.

10.Snails are nocturnal animals which means they are more active at night.

11.The fastest snails are the speckled garden snails which can move up to 55 yards per hour.

wow calm down on the speed!

It's spelled "yankee". Ya dern kid.

yeah but we spell it using the english language, not some bastardised raped language where they don't know how to spell colour or aluminium, let alone say aluminium :P

yeah but we spell it using the english language, not some bastardised raped language where they don't know how to spell colour or aluminium, let alone say aluminium :P

Nice one! :)

Respect point number two.

FACT: We do not have just five senses, we have about 21 senses. These include sight, hearing, taste, smell and touch, and also there is Thermoception (sense of heat), Nociception is pain and Proprioception is the sense of being able to locate where your hand is when you close your eyes.

So why did they teach me 5 at school? Plus the film The 6th Sense should actually be The 22nd Sense.

to generalise, there are 6 senses, if you break it down and are really pedantic about it you can get a rediculous number.

the 6th sense is balance btw....

according to einstein there were 4 dimensions, 3 of space and 1 of time. theories have changed since then. this multiverse and multi dimension thing is more new.

far as i know tho, the whole space and time being linked as "spacetime" remains tho. meaning if all space exists, so does all time, therefore there is "fate" but at the same time, this is canceled out of sorts by the multiverse. as our "choices" are mapped out in all their variations in various universes...

You watch Sliders too much ;)

You watch Sliders too much ;)

the wha? *rolls mind back the better part of a decade*....

oh, that old shit....... not seen that since it was on bbc2 i think when i was at school years ago....

Birds dont pee at all. They crap out pure ammonia.

I know this, because I have never seen a bird peeing, and I asked my biology teacher why this was.

Birds have one general hole, for pee, poo and sex...

As for the grape thing, microwaves have a frequency set so that the radiation increases the rotational energy of water molecules by a quantised level, so only things with water in them are heated. Microwaves do funny things to metal because it reflects the waves or something. I reckon a grape would explode (but not all that spectacularly) due to the expansion of the water inside (as it would have more energy). I'd imagine that this would be a bit like how sausages explode is you don't pierce the skin.

It's scientifically impossible to hate somebody who makes you laugh.

I hate some1 who makes me laugh....

I hate some1 who makes me laugh....

Knew somebody was gonna say that...

You just hate that person because of who he/she is.

Knew somebody was gonna say that...

You just hate that person because of who he/she is.

No i hate them b'cos of what they did to me, still make me laugh.

No i hate them b'cos of what they did to me, still make me laugh.

Stop pissing on me chips.

Sorry, <3?

he said stop pissing on his niggers lips.....