Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Post your random pointless fact here

ipaul

Guest Ford Prefect

Langhian is a stage of the middle Miocene epoch that spans the time between 15.97 ± 0.05 Ma and 13.65 ± 0.05 Ma (million years ago).

Bojnik (Бојник) is a village and municipality located in the Jablanica District of Serbia. In 2002, the population of the village was 3,159, while population of the municipality was 13,118.

Son of Andries Pretorius, Marthinus Wessel Pretorius (17 September 1819 - 19 May 1901) was the first president of the South African Republic, and also compiled the constitution of the Republic. He also founded the city of Pretoria and named it in honour of his father.

He was the last Head of State of Potchefstroom between 1853 and 1856. He then served as the first president of Transvaal from 1857 until 1860, and again between 1864 and 1871. He also served as the president of the Orange Free State from 1859 until 1863. Finally, he served as the joint head of state of Transvaal between 1880 and 1883.

According to the annals of Shalmaneser I, discovered at Assur (Assur: An ancient Assyrian city on the Tigris and traditional capital of Assyria; just south of the modern city of Mosul in Iraq), in his first year he conquered eight countries in the north-west and destroyed the fortress of Arinnu, the dust of which he brought to Assur.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

In Christopher Columbus' time people knew the world was round.

I swear they didn't

Actually, MoogleViper is right. Most people (except for peasants) knew the world was round, because of the work of their scientists. The scientists also fairly accuratly predicted the size of Earth, and many thought Columbus would have to run into other land before reaching India, because the Earth was simply too large.

Also, Columbus, until the day he died, firmly believed that he had landed in India.

Eh, my mom often farts when she sneezes and she hasn't exploded yet.

One other thing I heard/read somewhere is that if you sneeze with your eyes open, they will pop out. Guess that'll only work if someone forces them to stay open, as naturally your eyes always close when you sneeze, I think.

Guest Ford Prefect

video yourself for long enough, bound to catch one sneeze. that or bring on a sneeze intentionally.....

They are making Veronica Mars action figures (and I love the show, but think its a bit silly. Whats also silly is they are making one of Veronica, Logan and Weevil and thats it. Its like they want to suggest a threesome).

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!