N-Europe

60s,70s,80s,90s or 00s for music?

mcj metroid

I'm gonna go with the 70s, 80s and 00s.

As most of you are aware, I love electro. I'm a big electrotrash bitch. as a result, I hail the 80s as the golden age of northern music: New Order, Human League and such. you can't get any better

70s had the best rock hands down. and Punk, which had it's moments. I'll even indulge in a bit of prog every now and again.

and now I like modern indie bands. much love there. and modern electro.

I love you.

70's defo. My two favourite bands, Pink FLoyd and Led Zeppelin at their best in the 70's. I don't like the floyds earlier stuff as much and when Waters left the band they wern't as creative i dont think. Although i do like quite alot of music from today as well, such as Muse and the Strokes.:)

For me in order of most liked its:

1.late 60's through to the early 80's, the early metal 80's none of that Synth pop shit.

2.2000's newer Metal and Indie experimental

3.And very little 90's mostly Nirvana AIC Smashing Pumpkins, and some earlier Ganster rap, mostly west coast rap, fuck east coast shit, they were nothing but a bunch of wannabe's

I love the 00's me. I look on bands from all the other eras, and I see their merits, I see they've influenced all my favourite bands, but when it comes down to it, all my favourite bands are generally considered to be 00's bands.

However, the 90's will always hold a special place in my heart as they spawned Radiohead, the best band ever.

I hate the music of today and the music of the 80's.

For me it would have to be 60's then 70's, I mean who can beat the likes of the Beatles, Bob Dylan, The rolling stones, Jimi Hendrix, Aerosmith, Led Zepplin etc. etc.

I can't stand the 80's due to the influx of dance and electonica + synthesisers and that lot. Unrelated to music the 80's also had the worst style and fashion which makes me dislike the period even more.

Oh and the whole hip hop thing started in the 80's as well which I'm really not a fan of.

Same. They're are decent artists from every generation, and if you can't find them, you're not looking hard enough.

Yeah I agree with that but there were more decent ones back in the 60's and 70's I feel and there are only a samll number of people or bands I like in the 80's or 00's period