NEurope
mcj metroid

60s,70s,80s,90s or 00s for music?

If are like me then u hate modern day music bar a small few songs.I love the 80s for music mainly because of the sythesizer which seems to be a bit dead in modern day music!Now i know thre is a lot of u that hate that sort of music and prefer brit rock from the 90s maybe

perhaps a bit of beatles from the 60s?

even queen from the 70s and 80s?

whats your favourite music decade.Also state your music taste and examples of songs.

however if u say 00s u better have a good reason:santa:

I think mainly it's the 80's for me, although I like a lot of 60's, 70's and 90's too. There have been a good selection of songs that I've liked from the 00's but none as good as previous decades imo.

I love certain bands from each generation. But, i hold the 90's really close to my heart. :)

I dont really have a preferance, ill listen to pretty much anything although I probably have more 90s music I guess:

I'll have to go with the 60's myself, y'know, with bands/singers like the beatles, The Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Velvet Underground, Jimi Hendrix, The Kinks, The Animals. It was a great little decade that.

But then again, the 70's did have The Eagles and Led Zep.

I love Joy Divison(New Order)

when are they from?

I think they're from the 80's, but also were quite big during the very early 90's?

I might be wrong, though.

Edit: Joy Division were around during the Late 70's. Then, after the suicide of Ian Curtis, New order were born. Had hits during the 80's, 90's and even the 00's!

I love Joy Divison(New Order)

when are they from?

do u mean neworder the band!?the ones that did blue monday?

There was something seriously fucked up about the 80's and as a consquence, we got some of the greatest music of the past century.

The 80's was truly the Epoch of Metal, and it will forever be looked upon as the golden time that spawned bands such as Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Kreator, Death, Deicide, Dream Theater, Pantera etc.

The 70's were also quite brilliant, cause of the classics, such as Zeppelin, Maiden, Sabbath, Journey etc.

90's hailed a pretty dry spell for great music, there's only Nirvana, Chilli Peppers, that made it big (britpop doesn't count as music :heh:), but underlying this, the metal scene started to branch out, into more melodic variations, spawning bands such as At The Gates and In Flames.

The 00's so far are looking good for the music I love, but as always, there's a lot of bland shite aswell, such as most Indie/ Emo/ Other Pretentious crap made and packaged for the Urbis crowd.

So overall, the 80's is what did it for me, not only for metal, but for Punk aswell, a lot of really brilliant second generation punk bands arose, or reached their peak here such as Bad Religion, Discharge and The Misfits.

Thats my two cents.

I'm going to have to go for the 90's, and the naughties coming in a close second.

60s - Beatles, Rolling Stones, Cream (I think)

70s - Led Zep, Hendrix etc

90s - Ocean Colour Scene and other indie rock bands

80's - metallica & maiden (really got going in the 80's) & megadeth

60's + parts of 70's also good

90s okay - some cool stuff

00's sucks - 50 cent & lethal bizzle and other sad rappers etc

ah stupid me

thats twice in a day -

rokheAd

megadeAth

but i love their album and the song peace sells

lol, yeah, I know, I just love pointing it out when people make that mistake. I'd actually started spelling Death without the A, I wrote a whole Biology assignment like that last year by accident and my teacher was like, "what the hell?"

My fave Deth album has to be Rust in Peace followed by Peace Sells...

I would say 90's. It was the only era I really have had experience of, and it was great! I mean, there are The Spicegirls, Aqua, Britney - B*witched and other such musical type people. *~*~*~*

cool, i havent actually got that album yet but i'll probably get it soon

this may seem a bit random but the next cd im gonna buy will be jack johnson (is that spelt right?) because i absolutley love the song 'better together'. Its not quite metal but none-the-less its what i like as well

its good to adapt listening to a broad range of music styles, instead of only liking one thing and then getting bored of it.

I love certain bands from each generation. But, i hold the 90's really close to my heart. :)

Same for me :kiss:

I hate the music of today. I would take the 70s and 80s any day.

Ok I guess I don't hate all the new music. Tiger Army had some cool songs.

I'm gonna go with the 70s, 80s and 00s.

As most of you are aware, I love electro. I'm a big electrotrash bitch. as a result, I hail the 80s as the golden age of northern music: New Order, Human League and such. you can't get any better

70s had the best rock hands down. and Punk, which had it's moments. I'll even indulge in a bit of prog every now and again.

and now I like modern indie bands. much love there. and modern electro.