Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Goron_3

More scans: (Famitsu)

new character

The new character is named Sergei Vladimir. He is the leader of Umbrella and is somehow connected to the UBCS (of which Carlos of the Bio 3 chapter belongs). There's a shot that shows Wesker in a showdown with Sergei.

weapon upgrades

Killing zombies and other enemies will earn you points, of which you can use to upgrade your weapons to the next level, similar to RE4.

results

Each game is broken up into chapters. Shown in the screens is Biohazard 0, which has 3 chapters. It takes about 40 minutes to beat the Biohazard 0 chapter in total on normal mode. Like all Biohazard games you will be ranked with a letter grade. Your ranking is based on clear time, enemies killed, critical hits landed (i.e. headshots) and amount of files collected.

no Biohazard 2 chapter

New art is shown in the mag pics. Wesker overlooks his right soldier, while Chris, Jill, Carlos, Rebecca and Billy pose with their weapons.

036461010124x122456loyc6.jpg

036531010125x122490lobr3.jpg

click to enlarge [1] [2]

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goddamnit why the hell is there no RE2 section, how is this meant to be the Umbrella Chronicles when they fracking leave out one of the most important chapters in the Umbrella story, i was hoping to learn more about the G-Virus, maybe even learn a bit more about Ada and her motives and actually something to let us know what the hell is up with Sherry (which they should have bloody done with RE4 but I have a feeling that story is lost with RE3.5)

EDIT:

The new character is named Sergei Vladimir. He is the leader of Umbrella and is somehow connected to the UBCS (of which Carlos of the Bio 3 chapter belongs). There's a shot that shows Wesker in a showdown with Sergei.

Hold up a second... ok i'm all for new characters but if they are gonna do a chapter that gives us the final downfall of Umbrella and have the "Umbrella Leader" in it, why the frack is this not Ozwell Spencer, he's meant to be the head of Umbrella the top bad guy who's only mentioned in files, he's the guy I wanna see, he's the guy I wanna beat down

Goddamnit why the hell is there no RE2 section, how is this meant to be the Umbrella Chronicles when they fracking leave out one of the most important chapters in the Umbrella story, i was hoping to learn more about the G-Virus, maybe even learn a bit more about Ada and her motives and actually something to let us know what the hell is up with Sherry (which they should have bloody done with RE4 but I have a feeling that story is lost with RE3.5)

I totally agree. Now that its been confirmed that its cut from the game I am most displeased.

I was hoping Steve would show up in the new chapter but seeing as there is no Claire it would be pointless. I dont get why Capcom are adding new characters when they still have questions surrounding the old ones.

I totally agree. Now that its been confirmed that its cut from the game I am most displeased.

I was hoping Steve would show up in the new chapter but seeing as there is no Claire it would be pointless. I dont get why Capcom are adding new characters when they still have questions surrounding the old ones.

I gonna make an excuse and say it's cuz Shinji Mikami no longer working on RE games since the Capcom board went behind his back and had a PS2 version of RE4 made, and now whoevers working on RE:UC must have no idea what the hell SHOULD be covered in a game that is meant to tie up loose ends

EDIT:

Hold up a second... ok i'm all for new characters but if they are gonna do a chapter that gives us the final downfall of Umbrella and have the "Umbrella Leader" in it, why the frack is this not Ozwell Spencer, he's meant to be the head of Umbrella the top bad guy who's only mentioned in files, he's the guy I wanna see, he's the guy I wanna beat down

Sherry's story will continue in Resi 5 by the looks of things (check out the Resi 5 thread in the Other Consoles Board)

and I totally agree with you on Ozwell Spencer! it seems Capcom have totally lost there way with this!

If this game goes without mentioning the Spencer family then it's a sham! They can't just intorduce this random new guy (who just looks so boring and generic!), with which the audience has no connection, and expect him to be how they resolve the Umbrella storyline!

It's like Capcom are looking for a cheap way out for the story, because they can't be bothered to tie up all the story elements they've created!

Yeah I was hoping Steve would return aswell, but like you say, without Claire it pointless!

Claire had better show up in Resi 5!

It just seems such a strange choice to not include Leon and Claire in Umbrella's downfall!

Well, both RE2 and 3 took place in Raccoon City, so I guess those levels would would be more or less the same, bar from the character you play as (Claire and Leon). I think it's more unfortunate that Code Veronica isn't included. Nothing beats zombies in prisons. :heh:

Any chance we'll get to play as Wesker? He sounds pretty determined when his authorisation is revoked. :wink:

There's too many games that I want now..

In the Resident Evil series I have played through Zero, 1 and 4. I have 2 on the N64 but haven't really played it yet, shall maybe try to get further in it before this comes out :heh:

..and bring on plenty of Lightgun games.. I'm too cheap to put money into the Arcade Machines for a quick 5 minutes..

Sherry's story will continue in Resi 5 by the looks of things (check out the Resi 5 thread in the Other Consoles Board)

and I totally agree with you on Ozwell Spencer! it seems Capcom have totally lost there way with this!

If this game goes without mentioning the Spencer family then it's a sham! They can't just intorduce this random new guy (who just looks so boring and generic!), with which the audience has no connection, and expect him to be how they resolve the Umbrella storyline!

It's like Capcom are looking for a cheap way out for the story, because they can't be bothered to tie up all the story elements they've created!

Yeah I was hoping Steve would return aswell, but like you say, without Claire it pointless!

It just seems such a strange choice to not include Leon and Claire in Umbrella's downfall!

This is a huge disappointment. I always got the feeling Umbrella was controlled by a shadowy executive board of power hungry suits that had world domination as their ultimate goal, obviously Wesker and Birkin threw a few spanners in the works with their own twisted goals.

I never imagined a generic russian type long haired guy was behind it all!

Oh really i'll have to check that out, while i have decided that I will get a 360 when RE5 comes out, I have not really been reading much about it, as i just have this niggling feeling what we've been shown so far is actually RE4.5

I know, why create so much mythology but not wrap it up propperly if you wanna do something else? One of the main reasons I love RE is the story, I don't even consider RE4 an RE game, it's just lucky for Capcom that it just happens to be a great game weather it be RE or not.

I always had these visons on Ozwell being this really old man on his death bed but is using Umbrellas research to stay alive, in the end mutating into the most powerful and ugly and awesome beast ever.

I'd say with Chris in RE5 chances are good she will too.

I know, why create so much mythology but not wrap it up propperly if you wanna do something else? One of the main reasons I love RE is the story, I don't even consider RE4 an RE game, it's just lucky for Capcom that it just happens to be a great game weather it be RE or not.

I always had these visons on Ozwell being this really old man on his death bed but is using Umbrellas research to stay alive, in the end mutating into the most powerful and ugly and awesome beast ever.

Wow, you should be writing the story for this game! That's a great idea. It would tie everything up very nicely.

I worry slightly for the story development in this game, due to the slow pace of the traditional RE games the story would be drip fed to you and discovered as you progressed via clues, items and left over info.

As this will be a fast paced light gun game, I'm not sure where the story will be delievered other than in cut scenes. The greatest thing about the first game was discovering the truth via the slide reels in the underground lab. The way the game drip fed you the info and you started piecing stuff together was inspired and still holds up today.

This is just laziness on my part to research on the plot aspects of this game and theres probably a perfectly logical explanation for this, but whats the deal with umbrella featuring in the games title. Is it linked with previous Resident Evil games, is it a random word chucked in there for the sake of it, or does an umbrella actually feature in the game where you can either use it as a weapon or give temporary shade to zombies and cloud them from the rain and have tea with them in appreciation for keeping them dry?

This is just laziness on my part to research on the plot aspects of this game and theres probably a perfectly logical explanation for this, but whats the deal with umbrella featuring in the games title. Is it linked with previous Resident Evil games, is it a random word chucked in there for the sake of it, or does an umbrella actually feature in the game where you can either use it as a weapon or give temporary shade to zombies and cloud them from the rain and have tea with them in appreciation for keeping them dry?

Umbrella is a large international corporation that made the T-Virus which turns everyone into zombies. They're practically your adversary in the main series. I don't know the exact details about them it would take a while to type as well :p as I have only played RE4. Wesker works for them.

Here's some more info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umbrella_Corporation

Wow, you should be writing the story for this game! That's a great idea. It would tie everything up very nicely.

Haha, well i remember i used to spend hours upon hours piecing story aspects together and coming up with my own theories on what was going on. I used to be able to remember every file in every (main) game, and play through them IN MY HEAD. I once worked out some good theory on how i thought Billy was actually working (or on his way to start working) with Umbrella, a lot of it was speculative but i could use a number of events/files to help back up my theories. I had it all writen down in a word file once, but i lost that file when my the harddrive on my old laptop got wiped... my memory on all things RE isn't so great anymore but i guess if i had the time i could replay some games and remember what i worked out.

I would really love it if in RE:UC my theories ended up proved true... and hopefully in the new chapter in UC they also give some explanation for where the hell Rebecca has been since the mansion incident.

The greatest thing about the first game was discovering the truth via the slide reels in the underground lab. The way the game drip fed you the info and you started piecing stuff together was inspired and still holds up today.

Oh man that part with the slide projector near the end was fracking legendary, you're going through them and get to the last one and it's like, HOLY CRAP, "Am I seeing what I think I'm seeing?"

Umbrella is a large international corporation that made the T-Virus which turns everyone into zombies. They're practically your adversary in the main series. I don't know the exact details about them it would take a while to type as well :p as I have only played RE4. Wesker works for them.

Here's some more info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umbrella_Corporation

Well to be more specific, it should be "Wesker USED to work for them"

After the events of RE1 he left Umbrella to work with a competitor company... who have never been officailly named, in Code Veronica in one of the mini games you get to play as Wesker and on his back is some intials, (can't remember what they were, damn) people think these are the initials of his new company.

Yet for some really weird reason, come the events of RE4 and Wesker wants to rebuild Umbrella, dispite having worked fairly hard to help take them down???????

Yet for some really weird reason, come the events of RE4 and Wesker wants to rebuild Umbrella, dispite having worked fairly hard to help take them down???????

Yeah, that annoyed the hell out of me. Why would he want to rebuild what he sought to destroy? Unless he wants to remake Umbrella in his own image.

Surely Wesker will show up in R Evil 5 due to Sherry being in it. In the Wesker Report he states that there is something about Sherry and he has a keen interest in her, purely in a scientific way im sure :)

I hope he plays a major role in this game as he is one of the coolest badguys in gaming history, love his scene in C.V with Alexia and also the bitch slap he gives to Claire :)

That would be weird, but after it's rebuild it will technically be another company just with the same name, because of Wesker being in charge, right?

Yeah, that annoyed the hell out of me. Why would he want to rebuild what he sought to destroy? Unless he wants to remake Umbrella in his own image.

Surely Wesker will show up in R Evil 5 due to Sherry being in it. In the Wesker Report he states that there is something about Sherry and he has a keen interest in her, purely in a scientific way im sure :)

Not just that but he also stated that "we" (as in him and his "unnamed" company) have her and are using her to get to Leon (which was either in the report or the RE3 epilogue) ... which of course begs the frackin question why she wasn't invovled in RE4 or why Leon made no bloody mention of her, after all he was looking after her while Claire went looking for Chris, and he let Wesker take her... what does he do then? Try to get her back? No he goes a get a fracking job with the US government.... WTF Capcom, try to keep these things consistant.

Not just that but he also stated that "we" (as in him and his "unnamed" company) have her and are using her to get to Leon (which was either in the report or the RE3 epilogue) ... which of course begs the frackin question why she wasn't invovled in RE4 or why Leon made no bloody mention of her, after all he was looking after her while Claire went looking for Chris, and he let Wesker take her... what does he do then? Try to get her back? No he goes a get a fracking job with the US government.... WTF Capcom, try to keep these things consistant.

Yeah I think it was in the R Evil 3 epilogue, took me ages to unlock all of them when I had it on the PSONE.