NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Mans Chest

Just got back from seeing it and it was fantastic. It is the best film I have seen this year ( not that hard in all fairness ) I personally like it better than the 1st one and it ends on a cliffhanger! Bring on the 3rd one!!!!

I saw it yesterday, and i thought it was great, too.

Hate the way it ended, though. Means that it more or less can't stand on its own as a standalone film.

I saw it yesterday, and it was very funny, bit cheesy though, and I don't think I enjoyed it as much as the first.

How the fuck did Barbosa come back, and why is that monkey still undead??

Edit: and who put this spoiler box here??

goin to watch this tonight, cant wait. Watched the first one the other day to re-cap, such a good film.

The Bard, please use spoiler tags in future. That goes for everyone.

I saw it yesterday, and it was very funny, bit cheesy though, and I don't think I enjoyed it as much as the first.

How the fuck did Barbosa come back, and why is that monkey still undead??

Edit: and who put this spoiler box here??

dunno about

Barbosa,

But

The monkey is undead because at the end of the credits of the first film, he takes one of the coins (at least on the dvd)

I saw this earlier too. Bloody brilliant film - lots of laughs, great action, great gci, great acting from Depp (as always) and Keira Knightley was damn' hot.

The ending was quite a shocker though. I mean, I never expected THAT to happen, and then that cliff-hanger at the very very end. Roll on PotC3!! ^^

I got my tickets booked for 10.15 tonight, bring on the pirates!!! :D

i might have to go and watch this week i think. i cant wait. bring it on.

Im suprised as this has been the only film out of the summer flicks that I have enjoyed so far and it was the one I was least excited about.

I'm looking forward to seeing Superman Returns. I wasn't sure about this, but it has completely exceeded my expectations. :)

can you believe theres no movie theater here... so yah i havent seen this movie yet, but I am looking forward to it greatly!

I'm going to see it tomorrow, so I'm pleased that so many of you liked it. I was kind of expecting it to be a Matrix Reloaded-style half-film, i.e. not much substance, and mostly a set-up for the final episode.

Saw Pirates last night at a sneak preview.

It was okay. Looks like it cost a lot of money. Not NEARLY as good as the first film, IMO.

It had a lot of fighting, a lot of special effects (The Cracken was damn cool), but they needed a decent editor in there, cause, Jesus Christ, some parts just dragged on and on. The fight on the wheel? Though funny at first, it quickly reminded me of the ridiculousness of a cartoon.

I got the impression that they dragged the movie out much longer than they should have in order to make it a cliff-hanger.

So, yeah, overall good movie, needs a trim in length and a little less corny humour. I did like how they brought back old characters and situations, though.

just come back from watching, great film, just like the first though probably not as good, but sequels rarely are, if you liked the first watch it. Looking forward tot he next one!

Just saw it now. Good humour, exciting from start to finish, and it was one of those films which just had everything (you know what I mean here). It was actually one of the best films I've seen all year. I didn't realise how much of a great actor Johnny Depp was until I saw this.

Having said that, the ending dragged on a bit, though.

Just got back, was ok at best. Got boring too fast, and lots of it was cartoon style humour.

Keira knightley was the best bit lol.

And the twist was quite gud, hopefully they bring the third back on to par with the first.

Does Keira still look like she's constantly blowing glass out of those fish lips?

Looking forward to the film. Keira Knightley is a sexual god.

Good man! I cant believe we got to post #19 before someone mentions how HOT she was in this film!

Great film too btw. Keira Knightley stole the show for me!:heart:

Can someone post a lovely big spoiler, jsut in case i dont end up seing this, that ruins the whole film,. and give it all away. Telling a story?

i fancy a read

I'm set to see it over the next few days. Can't wait. Keira Knightley or Johnny Depp? Too hard to say.