N-Europe

How to make a six pack

Sarka

Well, as I have not enough things to do in the holidays I have decided to become buff. Well, buffer. Now, my legs arn't as scroney as the rest of me and I know how to get my arms looking a bit better but my stomach seems to serious work.

However, the only form of stomach excercise I know is doing sit-ups. These are monotonously boring. Is there any nice way - without having to spend money on equipment or a health club - to get a six pack? All suggestions are appericiated!

Many people do many sit ups each day in an attempt to gain a "six-pack", but abdominal exercises may need to be combined with some form of cardiovascular exercise such as running to lower body fat to allow the abdominal muscles to be seen.

Sit ups + fat = useless

Just to kill the myth that if you do sit ups like hell you'll get a six pack, because that's not true.

Stomach crunches. Also, you have to eat sensibly and drink water all the time - so you burn off that blubber.

Since i eat junk food all day, my sixpack only exists once in a while - when i havent eatenf or ages - as a faint outline :(

Wanna see my six pack?

1682.jpg

Last summer I spent a good 30 minutes doing crunches every day, and it really works, or at least I think it did, but meh, you have to keep off the beer which I could not be bothered to do over the whole summer. It's a tough undertaking to be sure....

Thanks everyone so far!

Last summer I spent a good 30 minutes doing crunches every day, and it really works, or at least I think it did, but meh,

Umm, not to sound stupid but what are crunches? You don't seem to realize how little exercise I know - though I am skinny, hooza.

Get rid of stomach fat or its going nowhere, i used to have a decent stomach but put on loads of weight over the last year at uni but havent shed any muscle but my stomach is bluber now lol, was gonna try and sort it out over summer but labouring now and to nakered to do anything afyter work.. meh =-/

I joined a gym a couple of months ago, and although I'm beginning to notice a slight improvement in my arm muscles, there's still not even a hint of a six pack. Trouble is, I can't really afford to lose much more weight - I'm under nine stone as it is!

Guest Ford Prefect

best way to get fit? get a job that involves you being active alot, like my last job in a warehouse, (not the most glamorous job but brought home the money.) and cycle to and from work.

i did that from october 04 thru till september 05, i was fit as a fiddle. could ride for miles and miles on my bike and hit almost 40mph too.

I achieved mine in about a month or two. I was pretty skinniy to begin with. I did roughly, around, 200 - 300 a day. Of course, this was in reps of around between 40 - 60. Did it every other day or so, and it worked fine.

Do you have one of those provocative topless photos of yourself pouting in front of a black background.

I've got mine through boxing training as I've been doing it for 2 years, but yeah I recommend doing crunch sit ups, running, and skipping. That'll tone it all up.

I'd say my chest is more of a 'boxer's chest' with bulk rather than a skinny six pack