Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Results

Dan_Dare

not sure about anyone else but i got my uni grades back for my first year today. got a 2:2! I just missed a 2:1 though which is an arse- even though it's my own fault for dossing around in my shitty medieval module in september!

so how are you guys doing so far? has anyone even got their marks?

Well here it is a bit different. I have a pool of courses I have to do. They are structured from term 1 - 6 (then I get my bachelor title) + 4 more terms and I get a master degree.

I am nearly finished and did only 4 courses this year:

NT: C

RO course: B

RO lab: A

Distributed Systems: A

Physics: D (500 pages is insane, nobody can learn that)

I am not sure but most of those courses give 4-6 ECTS credits. Stuff which I like I do better than the rest and well the A in the lab was pure luck.

So we get rated for each course and I can fail a course 4 times and the fifth time it will be an exam with 3 professors and a oral examination. If I would then also fail I am banned on that study direction.

Sorry if that is not quite understandable but my english is not good enough to really explain it that good :D

i only finished my exams a week ago, but im not looking forward to them, last year i got a first (by a quarter of a %), but that doesnt count to my final grade. This year ill be lucky to scrape a 2:2 :(

Do your first year count to your final grade?

no, not this year. real marks kick in in september. yikes!

I'm going to uni later this year, can someone explain these results. 2:2 seems much more complicated than just being given an A

the clasification of degree you get is the following:

Pass

3rd

2:2

2:1

1st

with pass being the worst and 1st being the best.

the clasification of degree you get is the following:

Pass

3rd

2:2

2:1

1st

with pass being the worst and 1st being the best.

also: you take a series of independently marked modules each year at uni. once you finish the year the marks from those are averaged and that's how you work out the final mark.

50's = 2:2

60's = 2:1

70+ = 1st

and so on

what are you studying? congrats =]

Cheers, I'm doing an accounting degree. I'll pause while you roll your eyes and yawn :D

And don't worry Dan Dare, they're be plenty of beer flavoured pats on the back, all summer long! What are you guys studying?

also: you take a series of independently marked modules each year at uni. once you finish the year the marks from those are averaged and that's how you work out the final mark.

50's = 2:2

60's = 2:1

70+ = 1st

and so on

I finally got my results yesterday, 48, 49, 52, 53. With the pass mark being 30, so does that mean the 52/53 are 2:2's?