NEurope
Stocka

Football Season 2006/2007

Alan Hansen is the worst, he thinks he knows absolutely everything about football. Everyone I know hates him too, including my friends Dad who works for the BBC.

What?! How dare you knock back the legend that is Alan Hansen. The guy is clearly a genius.

"Foootboll."

Lawro is the worst by far, hates us and bums Liverpool every chance he gets.

I love Lawro, even if it is because it makes me laugh every time he tries to say moment - "in a murment" :laughing:

I hate that Mark Lawreson guy. He really does my nut in. I think he commentated on the Ukraine vs Switserland World cup match and he was the worst commentator I had ever heard. Since then I've hated him. I always laugh when he doesnt get a say in motd. He just slumps back, all casual. ugh.

United Portsmouth at 5:15. Should be a good match.

Haha BBC Punditry is better than what ITV tried to put together. Alley was likely the best they had.

Isnt Lawro a poofter?

Is that Matt cove on ITV rather camp on it too.

Football: a mans game??

(Pompey for victory over dirty Man U!)

Haha BBC Punditry is better than what ITV tried to put together. Alley was likely the best they had.

Isnt Lawro a poofter?

Is that Matt cove on ITV rather camp on it too.

Football: a mans game??

(Pompey for victory over dirty Man U!)

Not a chance snowy, not a chance

*hopes he doesn't regret saying this*

argh! football just plain sucks

its now all bout' wh makes the most money, how good they are and how they make this country great (my arse!! they earn more than docters and nurses etc for kicking a ball on a bit of grass)

Football is even more tedious to actually watch, though slightly good when playing with mates though i have to admit.

Great game United v Portsmouth. Stunning goals by Rooney. Larsson was clearly onside. That was such a great volley.

Good to see Pompey get a goal back they played well aswell.

I thought Portsmouth played quite well defensively. I really wanted to just hit Sol Campbell on the back of the head. Grrr. :heh:

Overall, I think we deserved the win. A bit peeved that we didn't get the other 2 goals as well, as I thought they were great goals and should have stood. Aw well, can't win them all.

I just don't understand how Rooney's second went in. I've seen the replays and the ball just seems to have a mind of its own. The way it just floats into the top corner, it's really class.

I thought Park had a great game, as did Evra. Not the greatest match in the world to watch, as it did get a bit dull or quiet at times in the first half, but overall I think it was a good game.

Evra played awesome. His accelaration...:shock:

Some of the balls he ran onto were by my standards unreachable.

I agree Park had a hell of a game, shame he didnt score that one, he managed to control with an outstretched leg. Then ran on to hit it with his left and hit it wide. If he scored that then I would have been ecstatic.

Also his link play with Larsson. He turns one guy passes it, gets it back but skies it. Just needs to work on his finish, Park, then he could become an exceptional player.

its now all bout' wh makes the most money, how good they are and how they make this country great (my arse!! they earn more than docters and nurses etc for kicking a ball on a bit of grass)

Football is a business as well as a game, you know...

Evra played awesome. His accelaration...:shock:

Some of the balls he ran onto were by my standards unreachable.

I agree Park had a hell of a game, shame he didnt score that one, he managed to control with an outstretched leg. Then ran on to hit it with his left and hit it wide. If he scored that then I would have been ecstatic.

Also his link play with Larsson. He turns one guy passes it, gets it back but skies it. Just needs to work on his finish, Park, then he could become an exceptional player.

He's very, very fast. I didn't actually realise how fast he actually was until today. He's got a great future ahead of him.:)

Park's finishing is a bit...crap. He's a very talented player, imo. I like his determination, such as in the first half where he powered through a few of those Portsmouth defenders only for Sol Campbell to steer the ball back to the keeper. He's got a great fighting spirit in him.

He just needs to work on his shooting, and maybe his balance a bit more. He's a very small and light player, which means he is agile, but he does fall to the floor a lot. But, then again, he draws in fouls which lead to free kicks, so that has an upside.

Football is even more tedious to actually watch, though slightly good when playing with mates though i have to admit.

I must say I agree with you. I've started watching less and less games on TV now. Playing it is fantastic fun, because therte's none of that shit that surrounds it, millions of pounds, notbeing liked by the manager, bad press etc.

He's very, very fast. I didn't actually realise how fast he actually was until today. He's got a great future ahead of him.:)

Park's finishing is a bit...crap. He's a very talented player, imo. I like his determination, such as in the first half where he powered through a few of those Portsmouth defenders only for Sol Campbell to steer the ball back to the keeper. He's got a great fighting spirit in him.

He just needs to work on his shooting, and maybe his balance a bit more. He's a very small and light player, which means he is agile, but he does fall to the floor a lot. But, then again, he draws in fouls which lead to free kicks, so that has an upside.

Park does need to shape up his shooting, but because of his ability to find spaces and draw in tackles, I think thats why Fergie plays him. My brother said, and I agree, Park is the only person I see on the floor the most in one game.

Sol Cambel on the other hand, what a great defender. I really hope he gets a place in the England squad for the Spain match. Some great defending he did.

Alan Hansen is the worst, he thinks he knows absolutely everything about football. Everyone I know hates him too, including my friends Dad who works for the BBC.

Are you kidding me Alan Hansen and Mark Lawrence are the only decent people. Alan Shearer and Ian Wright are abomnible, Ian especially because he uses so much strret language and 'you know' 'like'. Im sorry Shearer i love you darling but you just dont have the range.

Kudos to Gabby Logan, one the big moves during the January transfer window this season, moving from ITV to BBC after ITV didn't play her for the Champions League final. At the BBC she's looking to be playing regularly, and she wasn't too bad this morning with the Blackburn match. Her constant use of "allright chaps" made me chuckle.

However, I still maintain the stance that she is only there to act as a bit of eye candy.

Are you kidding me Alan Hansen and Mark Lawrence are the only decent people. Alan Shearer and Ian Wright are abomnible, Ian especially because he uses so much strret language and 'you know' 'like'. Im sorry Shearer i love you darling but you just dont have the range.

Mark Lawrence(son?) is OK, I can't stand Shearer or Wright either though. Lineker is by far the best.

I must say I agree with you. I've started watching less and less games on TV now.

Typical Chelsea fan. :P

Playing it is fantastic fun, because therte's none of that shit that surrounds it, millions of pounds, notbeing liked by the manager, bad press etc.

Blame that criminal who owns your club for ruining the premier league, financially that is.

Well said Ramar.

What a fantastic lob that was by Rooney. Sensational. I'm really excited about the bolton game at 4pm, it's going to be a tough battle.

I abolsutely loathe Bolton.

They're so cocky due to the fact they've beaten us a couple of times. I remember a headline last year in which Fat Sam stupidly proclaimed that "not only can we out muscle Arsenal, we can also out skill Arsenal". Which is one of the dumbest claims I've heard, seeing as Arsenal is the most silkily skilful team in the league, and Bolton FC consists of a bunch of Robbie Savage esque players, who take every opportunity to take sly kicks and pushes at other players.

I really hope we humiliate them today. An 8-0 would put Fat Sam back in his place.

I had high hopes of Nottingham Forest today especially as I am them in Football Manager 2007 and we are doing very well. But alais they are already 2-0 down :(

Come on the Tricky Trees!!

Football makes this country great because we invented it and gave it to the world, which the world took with open arms. Other types of sport we invented, such as Cricket, Rugby, American Football, Baseball, haven't really had the same effect. Only Tennis has come closest.

Fifth round draw in full:

Chelsea v Blackpool or Norwich

Watford v Ipswich Town

Preston v Manchester City

Plymouth v Derby County

Manchester United v Reading

Arsenal or Bolton v Blackburn

Middlesbrough or Bristol City v West Brom

Fulham v Tottenham