NEurope
Stocka

Football Season 2006/2007

yeh. We need someone who will run round the last defender and be willing to strike. Considering Rooney likes to drop off a bit, I doubt we can really hope for Crouch to run around people *sigh*

If Everyone is fit, I think the best team to play Israel would be something like this:

Robinson (though i do prefer Foster...but hes still inexperienced)

Gary Neville, Rio Ferdinand, John Terry, Ashley Cole

Lennon, Gerrard, hargreaves, Joe Cole

Rooney, Andy Johnson

Get rid of Johnson for Darren Bent and I agree with that team

England will go nowhere with McClaren. He was only appointed because nobody wanted it. For Euro 2008 I'm rooting for Scotland.

At least Barry played in the match, he deserves to play for England regularly.

Just because we have a crap manager you're going to give up on the whole team? Thats real support for you right there.

Just because we have a crap manager you're going to give up on the whole team? Thats real support for you right there.

Eh? I've been supporting England since I could say "England". Plus following Scotland, but not as much. I'm still supporting England but I think McClaren is a complete clown. I'm supporting Scotland more than England until McClaren goes.

England is supported by clueless part time fans and the London Press picks the team...

If the London Press picked the team then we might actually win some games, they could probably do a better job than McClaren!

England is supported by clueless part time fans and the London Press picks the team...

Such an ignorant thing to say.

I support England, I am far from clueless, and I am not a part time fan.

Right despite loving football, I have never seemed to post on here much...

But just felt I had to, when will Steve Mclaren see that Gerrard and Lampard are just not working together, it doesn't matter how many different positions he shifts them into, it just won't work.

For me I'd drop Lampard, he just doesn't fit into the system I don't think. He is fine at Chelsea but we in no way play the system they do, which is why he keeps misfiring. Gerrard can fit around the field much better you only have to look at how well he plays in different roles at Liverpool to see this and his running and driving the team forward is far more influencial than anything Lampard does.

Also you have to question him bringing on Joey Barton so late on, you should start with players like this see how they adjust. Midfield is definitly where things are going from, our defense is relatively solid, we undoubtedly have two world class strikers in Rooney and the injured Owen, but it's creating the chances for these two strikers, this responsibilty surely falls on the midfielders shoulders.

I love supporting England but it gets so frustrating and with Portsmouth actually doing well for once I am in the unusual position of enjoying supporting my club team more than my country.

My team for Israel would be

Robinson

G. Neville Ferdinand Terry Bridge

Lennon Gerrard Hargreaves Barry

Rooney Johnson/Bent

I think this would be our best line up to be honest, Barry has been awesome this season and having a left footer will just help give better balance, being a Pompey fan I would love to see Matthew Taylor given a chance but that's not gonna happen. As for Lennon he is surely a must pick at the moment rather than juggling around with other players, get him in there and get some pace going. Pace is the main reason for picking either Bent or Johnson as well, Johnson would especially be good as he just constantly harasses defenders with his constant runner and off the ball movement.

And finally David James has been superb this season he should surely be Englands Number 1?!!!!

And finally David James has been superb this season he should surely be Englands Number 1?!!!!

He has the best stats out of any Goalkeeper this season. But he still is and will always be Mr Calamity!!

I have just got tickets to see Charlton Vs West Ham at the Valley. Should be a great match.

EDIT: im now watching the Man Utd vs Charlton game. Gotta love streaming Chinese TV.

comfortable win for United. Parks header at 24 minutes was good. fletcher header at 82 mins(?).

still a 6 point gap though...

watford :D

I'm getting a feeling they might survive relegation....really.

I wouldn't write them off. But, imo, the bottom three are my predictions to go down. It's a shame, because I like all 3 clubs, but if it's not these three then it'll be another 3 good clubs. So, you can't win.

http://home.skysports.com/leaguetable.aspx?cpid=8

Watford played 26, and the other 2 have played 27, meaning Watford have an extra game to play. They're only 2 points behind West Ham and Charlton, who are both equal on 20. Wigan are just outside the relegation zone on 25, but they've got two extra games to play.

Looking at their results, Watford have hit 'form' too late, imo. 3 Wins all season, with two of those coming today and a few weeks ago. They've drawn too many games, games which they needed to win.

Hey everyone....long time no see. I've been having problems with my internet for the past 3 or 4 weeks, fucking sky broadband......its bloody ridiculous.

Anyway, COME ON YOU GUNNERS!!!!! Glad that spurs lost today as well. haha.....ahem..

Hey everyone....long time no see. I've been having problems with my internet for the past 3 or 4 weeks, fucking sky broadband......its bloody ridiculous.

Anyway, COME ON YOU GUNNERS!!!!! Glad that spurs lost today as well. haha.....ahem..

I'm not.

At least we manged to get our first point of the year.

I wouldn't write them off. But, imo, the bottom three are my predictions to go down. It's a shame, because I like all 3 clubs, but if it's not these three then it'll be another 3 good clubs. So, you can't win.

Nah in an ideal world Bolton would get relegated three times. Fat Sam taking up up 19th and 18th place in the league by his own conisderable girth.

Nah in an ideal world Bolton would get relegated three times. Fat Sam taking up up 19th and 18th place in the league by his own conisderable girth.

I lolled. :)

I have my evening tv planned out quite nicely. Shrek, and then Match of the Day.

Watford played 26, and the other 2 have played 27, meaning Watford have an extra game to play. They're only 2 points behind West Ham and Charlton, who are both equal on 20. Wigan are just outside the relegation zone on 25, but they've got two extra games to play.

Looking at their results, Watford have hit 'form' too late, imo. 3 Wins all season, with two of those coming today and a few weeks ago. They've drawn too many games, games which they needed to win.

Watford have a game in hand that is against Wigan, if they win that, they have a decent chance. I just hope they don't do a Norwich. The two seasons have been similar. Watford not played crap and have got lots of draws or loses by one, very similar to Norwich. Watford bought a few players in January, so did Norwich. Watford have strung some wins together, Norwich did beating Utd and Newcastle at home. I hope for Watford they can claw themselves out, Aidy Boothroyd is a fantastic manager, he deserves to stay up.

Arsenal vs Wigan tomorrow, lets hope we can do the hornets a favour. Thank fully this topic has just reminded me to print out my email so I know my seat number tomorrow.

haha liverpool fans

i second that, to think i actually thought they could end up first/second.

how ironic

Went to see Reading against Villa today at the Mad Stad. Not a great game by any means but we played a decent game against poor opposition. Nice to see Sidwell get on the scoresheet.

Wish McClaren would take a serious look at Reading's English contingent, England needs hard working players and Reading have a tremendous work rate/ethos (if a bit naive when caught on counter-attack) and they've all shown they are not fazed by Premiership opposition.

Shorey has been amazing this year and his set piece ability cannot be under-estimated; I'm not a fan of Lita personally but he has played well recently; Kitson is a useful player as he is a great link-up striker, like sheringam; Sidwell and Harper should get a look at some point too, their work rate and distrbution has been great recently.

Went to see Reading against Villa today at the Mad Stad. Not a great game by any means but we played a decent game against poor opposition. Nice to see Sidwell get on the scoresheet.

Wish McClaren would take a serious look at Reading's English contingent, England needs hard working players and Reading have a tremendous work rate/ethos (if a bit naive when caught on counter-attack) and they've all shown they are not fazed by Premiership opposition.

Shorey has been amazing this year and his set piece ability cannot be under-estimated; I'm not a fan of Lita personally but he has played well recently; Kitson is a useful player as he is a great link-up striker, like sheringam; Sidwell and Harper should get a look at some point too, their work rate and distrbution has been great recently.

Did Halford play for you yesterday?

Did Halford play for you yesterday?

Nope, not evenon the bench. Duberry was an unused sub too.

Great goal by Wigan. Screamer!! almost went 2-0 up aswell but Heskey just hit the post. darn!

I had Radio 5 live/Sky Sports news on (flicking between the two), then popped upstairs for a moment. Then I heard goooooal and I thought bugger, the gunners have scored. :(

Then, came back down, and it was Wigan who had scored. Great Success.

True story, ladies and gentlemen.

I had Radio 5 live/Sky Sports news on (flicking between the two), then popped upstairs for a moment. Then I heard goooooal and I thought bugger, the gunners have scored. :(

Then, came back down, and it was Wigan who had scored. Great Success.

True story, ladies and gentlemen.

Arsenal lost 2-0! haha! yayness

Arsenal lost 2-0! haha! yayness

ummmm no.

The second half has only just started and it's 1-0 to Wigan.