NEurope
Stocka

Football Season 2006/2007

Chelksi got lucky.

It's nice to see draws like Plymouth and Derby tho so at least 1 team outside the premiership will be in the quarter finals.

Colchester United have confirmed they have sold 22-year-old utility man Greg Halford to Reading.

BBC Essex understands the U's will receive a record fee for the England under-20 international.

Their previous record was the £2.25M received from Newcastle for Lomana Tresor Lua Lua.

Colchester assistant manager Mick Harford told BBC Essex: "Greg has showed tremendous attitude this season, he'll be a prime asset for Reading."

Royals director of football Nick Hammond told the club website: "I am extremely pleased with this signing - we have beaten off competition from a number of clubs to bring Greg to Reading.

"He is an outstanding talent and a typical 'Reading' signing - young, hungry and with the ability to become an even better player than he already is.

The U's had already turned down offers from Sheffield United for Halford, who came through the youth academy ranks at Layer Road.

Manager Geraint Williams admitted in early January that he was resigned to losing Halford - by the summer, when his contract expires, at the latest.

"It's a good deal for both clubs and it's a good deal for Greg," added Harford.

"We couldn't turn down the offer because Greg is out of contract at the end of the season."

Linkage

:sad: I wish him well though, just hope we have somebody lined up to replace him before the window closes tomorrow. would love a sneaky bid for Lua Lua, after all hes not playing at the moment.

Charlton Athletic have clinched a £2.5 million deal to sign Madjid Bougherra from the Owls.

The Algerian international has now finalised his Premiership move after 29 appearances for Wednesday, in which he scored two goals.

He moved to Hillsborough in the summer, in a deal reported to have been worth £250,000, and was ever present up to New Year's Day, scoring in the wins over Ipswich Town and West Bromwich Albion.

Bougherra could make his Addicks debut at Bolton on Wednesday before successive Premiership encounters against Chelsea and Manchester United.

NIce profit for us there unfortunatly in our last match we played most of the game with a left winger at left back alongside a central defensive pairing of centre back Lee Bullen and centre midfielder Glenn Whelan with another central midfielder at right back.

But hay we should have a left and right back for the next match after they served they're suspensions plus we should have another centre back fit plus a youngster and one coming back from injury.

Good result about Watford. Rooney and Larsson have a fantastic understanding, and I really hope Larsson stays until the end of the season. The last two goals were really fantastic. Great build up play, and two great finishes.

That was the best atmosphere ever. I was in block 5 near the corner flag where Adebayor and Rosicky scored. Amazing game, we were all over them.

Planning on going down to Cardiff even if I don't get a ticket, may buy a touted one, dunno if I can be bothered to. I highly doubt they'll go on sale to lowly red members.

I see Ashley "money" cole got a nasty injury today. heh.

Good result for United. Rooney and Ronaldo just look so good.

That was the best atmosphere ever. I was in block 5 near the corner flag where Adebayor and Rosicky scored. Amazing game, we were all over them.

Planning on going down to Cardiff even if I don't get a ticket, may buy a touted one, dunno if I can be bothered to. I highly doubt they'll go on sale to lowly red members.

Hope you enjoy Cardiff. It's a lovely place. :)

I see Ashley "money" cole got a nasty injury today. heh.

Good result for United. Rooney and Ronaldo just look so good.

Hehe, I bet there were millions of Arsenal fans cheering when that happened. I couldn't help but cringe when I watched the replays though. It just feels nasty to watch. Even though it perhaps doesn't look that bad.

Good result about Watford. Rooney and Larsson have a fantastic understanding, and I really hope Larsson stays until the end of the season. The last two goals were really fantastic. Great build up play, and two great finishes.

Larsson is staying until the end of the season now I think, his son encouraged him too. :heh:

Went to the toon match last night. After the first 20 minutes we could have been 3-0 up and looked like we were going to give them a hammering. Then they scored and we went to jelly as usual! Wrapped it up in the end though, always good to beat a team of mackem ejects especially after this :laughing:

Went to the toon match last night. After the first 20 minutes we could have been 3-0 up and looked like we were going to give them a hammering. Then they scored and we went to jelly as usual! Wrapped it up in the end though, always good to beat a team of mackem ejects especially after this :laughing:

Rumours are flying... did we actually get anyone in the transfer window other than that USA defender?

The guy who wrote that sounds like an utter tit. Roeder is a pillock, granted, but the whole thing about somebody-saying-something-about-the-opposing-team-only-for-it-to-come-back-and-haunt-them only works for local derbies.

And you, what do you mean "Mackem rejects?" More of our players come from Celtic than Sunderland. [accent]Yow bloody wife-beating geordie bastud![/accent]

Baldy ex-mackem Gavin McCann, ex-mackem dodgy keeper Sorenson and, until recently rat faced mackem rat faced hero Kevin "Sewpa Kev" Phillips - More than most premiership clubs :D

Baldy ex-mackem Gavin McCann, ex-mackem dodgy keeper Sorenson and, until recently rat faced mackem rat faced hero Kevin "Sewpa Kev" Phillips - More than most premiership clubs :D

So what, McCann is a good midfielder and Sorensen is a class 'keeper, good enough to play in goal for his country. And Phillips scored the winner against Birmingham last season. So, bluh! :heh:

-EDIT- Just discovered we've bought yet another Celtic player: Shaun Maloney, link

Yeah, only a handful but it gets more attention when they get booed every touch and have "You're just a sad mackem bassad" sung at them every available opportunity ;)

Larsson is staying until the end of the season now I think, his son encouraged him too. :heh:

Thats not what he said in his interview after.

Thats not what he said in his interview after.

There's been reports about this, however the latest one on skysport.com is that he will be returning when his loan move deal ends, in March. :(

Just popped in to ask - where's Michael Owen these days? Last time I saw him, he was limping dejectedly into his unfeizably huge mansion after his 2006 World Cup gaff.

most people won't care but great win for Marseille vs Lyon last night. beat Lyon 2-1 and now in the last 8 of the French Cup.

also booked my flights for Marseille today as I am gonna go watch them play in march. :)

Just popped in to ask - where's Michael Owen these days? Last time I saw him, he was limping dejectedly into his unfeizably huge mansion after his 2006 World Cup gaff.

Pretty sure he's out til the end of the season, if not for most of it.

There's been reports about this, however the latest one on skysport.com is that he will be returning when his loan move deal ends, in March. :(

Sky gave him an interview after and asked him if he staying he said no. He loves playing here but he knows the contract he signed and so does the club and he respects that as he always has done with any contract.

Would love him to stay tho, especially now Saha out injured.

-EDIT- Just discovered we've bought yet another Celtic player: Shaun Maloney, link

what you've bought for £1 million is a young player with lots of potential, has had 1 good season in the 5 since he broke through and has apart from one season been out constantly through injuries :)

oh and btw watch out for his free kicks, Petrov won't get near the free kicks if Maloney is on the park :)

the funny thing is ofc when he left Celtic Martin O'Neill advised Strachan that Maloney wasn't good enough and should be let go

glad Larsson is gonna go back to Sweden. he left Barca as he said he wanted to go home and i feel it would be totally wrong to then sign for Man Utd.

As for Maloney, he is a good player and was superb last season.

Just checked Maloney's stats: He won the Player Of The Year and Young Player Of The Year in the same year. He must be good to accomplish that. :shock:

So I was just about to leave to got to Ladbrokes to pick up what I thought was a winning bet. Then I noticed at the bottom (in small print), all bets placed on 90 minutes. Which ruins my £3 bet with 12-1 odds on Arsenal winning 3-1. To be fair I'm not that fussed, I never set it in stone that I'd get the money.

I done a £5 bet with someone that Arsenal will finish above Liverpool this season. £5 will of course be mine