NEurope
Stocka

Football Season 2006/2007

Totally expected this, and I can do nothing but laugh :laughing:

Glad i'm not a proper England fan like I use to be.

I'm just glad I'm Welsh. Even though that's nothing to shout about when it comes to footie either. :heh:

I'm just glad I'm Welsh. Even though that's nothing to shout about when it comes to footie either. :heh:

Yeah at least we can beat Northern Ireland

oh.... :(

So glad I didnt watch this shower of shit.

Crouch annoys me. He is the tallest player on the pitch but SWP can jump higher than him.

He cant head the ball to save his life. Sort it out Crouch. Jeez.

Crouch annoys me. He is the tallest player on the pitch but SWP can jump higher than him.

He cant head the ball to save his life. Sort it out Crouch. Jeez.

You wanna know what grated my cheese?

When Crouch plays for Liverpool, it's almost a certainty that Pennant will play as well. Why? So he can supply crosses from the flanks to Crouch.

Crouch doesn't attack the ball. He just stands there. I saw crosses from SWP, Neville and Carrick fly high in the sky and towards the back post. I was thinking to myself "why the hell are they over-hitting the crosses?"

They were overhitting them because Crouch was at the back post. He just stands there and waits for the ball to land on his head. You cannot do that, you should be moving to attack that ball.

He is just not versatile. Everyone talks about Bolton being a route-one team who just play Long-balls over the top. What are England doing? Crossing the ball for Crouch to head into the net. That's it. There is little to no variation.

LOLOLOL, wrong news article.

:heh:

Never really thought much of Crouch before. And I agree with what Alan Hanson was saying (think it was him), that maybe a totally different main strike partnership is needed.

Rooney is a must obviously, but him along with Defoe or Dyer would give defenders more of a nightmare than just Crouch heading for the long balls and crosses.

A lot of players missing though through to injury and illness that really should of been there. And I agree with what's been said above, that it was quite a boring game.

Good goal by Spain though.

Lets just face it McClaren is a crap manager. Again we see old mr rubbish, Stuart Downing, and Barton 12 minutes, what crap. Lampard was shit all game so he replaces Gerrard, err logic?

Edit- Forgot to mention how well Foster played. Fantastic keeper, he had no chance with the goal.

Foster did indeed play outstandingly. I don't think Joey Barton was given enough minutes though on the field to prove anything. But he was creating when and moving the ball forward whenever he had the chance.

Wright-Phillips was the best player for England I thought.

As far as I'm concerned McClaren is just turning into Sven Mk. 2!

As far as I'm concerned from the players he selected in the final squad it should have looked something like this, from the start...

..............................Foster

Neville..............Ferdinand....Woodgate....Carragher

Wright-Phillips....Gerrard.......Carrick.........Barry

......................Rooney........Defoe

He should have played that from the start - then the only player out of position would have been Carragher, but thats unavoidable since there wasn't a left back present.

I dunno if Rooney was on the bench or not, but if he was he should've played, even if there was a slight chance of him picking up an injury (and this coming from a Man United fan)!

England really just need to knuckle down and grind some results out. Shake things up a bit by letting Robinson know that his number 1 shirt isn't as safe as he thinks. Leave Lampard out for a few games,him and Gerrard can't play together and as far as I'm concerned and Lamps just doesn't play well for his country - he seems to playing without pride!

Finally, make me manager!

Foster did indeed play outstandingly. I don't think Joey Barton was given enough minutes though on the field to prove anything. But he was creating when and moving the ball forward whenever he had the chance.

Are you serious? or possibly Ian Wright?

Are you serious? or possibly Ian Wright?

Before I didn't even particularly think he played all that well after watching him play for Chelsea. But yeh, def one of the better players tonight.

If you can't see that then I'm guessing you weren't watching the game. Maybe saying best player of the night was a bit too much, but played really well I thought and caused problems down the right.

Lets just face it McClaren is a crap manager. Again we see old mr rubbish, Stuart Downing, and Barton 12 minutes, what crap. Lampard was shit all game so he replaces Gerrard, err logic?

Edit- Forgot to mention how well Foster played. Fantastic keeper, he had no chance with the goal.

Don't forget clubs usually set instructions for international friendlies. ie not wanting their players playing the whole 90 minutes etc.

So maybe Benetiz said he doesnt want Gerrard to play the whole match and same goes for the other players.

No way. SWP looked scared to go at people. He was put there to run at defenders and scare them instead he looked scared himself. Scared he was gonna lose the ball. Lennon should defo start ahead of him when he is fit.

Best players were ferndinand and woodgate, I think both done well for an untried partnership.

Damn I got the score wrong. Ah well another nail in the coffin of the manager. The manager who wants to make friends with the fans is not doing to well lol.

No way. SWP looked scared to go at people. He was put there to run at defenders and scare them instead he looked scared himself. Scared he was gonna lose the ball. Lennon should defo start ahead of him when he is fit.

Of course Lennon should start over him. Super quick he is, shame he was ill and couldn't play during tonight's game.

Best players were ferndinand and woodgate, I think both done well for an untried partnership.

Ferdinand made some sloppy passes, but he also defended well when it was required. Woodgate played well for sure, and hopefully he can get a lot more caps in some of the games coming up. Partnership between the two did work well overall though.

Don't forget clubs usually set instructions for international friendlies. ie not wanting their players playing the whole 90 minutes etc.

So maybe Benetiz said he doesnt want Gerrard to play the whole match and same goes for the other players.

If that was the case, there still wasn't anything stopping Barton getting more minutes. I'm quite sure Pearce would not stop such a patriotic player getting a decent debut. What I like about Barton is he is a fighter, someone England need, not one of these modern playboy pounces our team seems to full of.

I don't think anyone had a particularly good game, to be honest. It was just too dull.

Seriously, Lampard and Gerrard just don't function in the same team. It's been said before, and it can be said again. McClaren needs to leave one out. Imo, it has to be Lampard he leaves out.

I don't think anyone had a particularly good game, to be honest. It was just too dull.

Seriously, Lampard and Gerrard just don't function in the same team. It's been said before, and it can be said again. McClaren needs to leave one out. Imo, it has to be Lampard he leaves out.

I believe whichever one is dropped should be replaced by Hargreaves, Nolan or Barton given a chance and not Carrick as it seems McClaren would most likely do if he was to dare drop one of them.

I believe whichever one is dropped should be replaced by Hargreaves, Nolan or Barton given a chance and not Carrick as it seems McClaren would most likely do if he was to dare drop one of them.

I think Carrick is a class player, and he has a great season for United. He does his defensive duties quite well, but he just doesn't look comfortable with Lampard or Gerrard. Trouble is, I don't think either player (lamps, gerr) are helping the midfield. There isn't enough width, and we're too slow at building up attacks or closing down.

Carrick is a good player at passing the ball out of defence and getting an attack going. He'll intercept, then pick out a good pass to start an attack. We just don't see that from any of the midfielders for England. It all seems rather slow paced.

The midfield should be:

Lennon, Hargreaves, Gerrard, left sided player like barry or maybe Joe cole even tho he is right footed he plays well there. You need people with speed on the wings.

Gerrard is more of a complete player compared to Lampard. There is no doubt Lampard is having a great season. Chelsea's top scorer behind Drogba. But look at the players around him.

Lampard doesnt track back very well or tackle ala scholes. Where as Gerrard can tackle, distribute, make runs and score some great goals. I think he should defo start ahead of Lampard. It's clear they cant play together.

That's a good midfield, imo. There's clearly speed on the wings, and players like Neville and Ashley cole can then support them.

Then, what about the problem with the strikers. I still don't think we've seen a great partnership upfront. Crouch and Rooney is a big no-no, imo.

That's a good midfield, imo. There's clearly speed on the wings, and players like Neville and Ashley cole can then support them.

Then, what about the problem with the strikers. I still don't think we've seen a great partnership upfront. Crouch and Rooney is a big no-no, imo.

yeh. We need someone who will run round the last defender and be willing to strike. Considering Rooney likes to drop off a bit, I doubt we can really hope for Crouch to run around people *sigh*

If Everyone is fit, I think the best team to play Israel would be something like this:

Robinson (though i do prefer Foster...but hes still inexperienced)

Gary Neville, Rio Ferdinand, John Terry, Ashley Cole

Lennon, Gerrard, hargreaves, Joe Cole

Rooney, Andy Johnson

England will go nowhere with McClaren. He was only appointed because nobody wanted it. For Euro 2008 I'm rooting for Scotland.

At least Barry played in the match, he deserves to play for England regularly.

I would try out Ashton when he is fit up front. I think he is a quality forward and would work well with Rooney. Shame he has been injured.