Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Dunst Confirms Spider-Man 3 Villains

Happenstance

During an interview this weekend promoting Elizabethtown, Kirsten Dunst confirmed rumors to Zap2it that Thomas Haden Church will play Sandman and Topher Grace is Venom in director Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 3, opening in theaters on May 4, 2007.

"We have really great people though as the villains in this film, Thomas Haden Church and Topher Grace -- Venom and Sandman," said Dunst, who plays Mary Jane Watson in the Spidey films.

"Maybe I wasn't supposed to say that," she added before reversing her claim. "It's the other way around. You're right," she conceded to a journalist.

Dunst has yet to receive a script for the third film that will begin shooting in January. "But I know the general story. There's a lot that they're trying to fit into this one."

Taken From Superherohype

Well if Topher Grace is gonna be Venom it looks to me like they will be going more along the lines of Ultimate Eddie Brock. He's more of a skinny guy before he bonds with the Venom suit. I also think they'd have the suit built on Earth like in the Ultimate Universe rather than having it come from space as I cant see Raimi bringing it from space somehow.

All good news :), been waiting for news on this for quite a while, shame Doc Ock wont be coming back he kicked so much ass in the last movie plus hes always been my fave villan in the spiderman universe.

Yes the Hobgoblin should be in this movie too as its all set up at the end of part 2, the sandman and Venmon should be great if done right espically good ald Venmon.

Is it true its only going to be in the words of Matt Damon "A 3 movie trilogy" :p, if so it will be a shame as there is so many great badguys that deserve a place in the movies like Electro, Rhino, Vulture, Mystrio etc etc. If I was Rami id make a forth movie with the Sinister 6starring as the main bad guys.

VenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenomVenom.

in other news: Venom.

ah its good to finally know he's in it, ive known sandman to be in it for a while since ign reported the camera tests for sand visuals. should be pretty cool so see how they do him but i dont know much about him in the comics other than the ace cakes 'revenge of the sinister six' graphic novel i have.

on the subject of the origins of the venom suit/alien, wasn't the alien form brought home by John Jamerson, who is in spiderman 2. it wouldnt be hard to do a very brief intro scene where a shuttle lands with venom on board. given the films tendency towards mad scientist origins, however, the ultimate timeline idea would fit nicely.

on the subject of the origins of the venom suit/alien, wasn't the alien form brought home by John Jamerson, who is in spiderman 2. it wouldnt be hard to do a very brief intro scene where a shuttle lands with venom on board. given the films tendency towards mad scientist origins, however, the ultimate timeline idea would fit nicely.

No that was only in the 90s cartoon. In the actual comic history Spider-Man got the suit during the secret wars on a different planet. They would never do it that way thats for sure. Only way I can see is the 90s cartoon way you mentioned or the Ultimate Spider-Man way in which the suit is made in a lab (in USM its made as a cure for cancer)

This is AWESOME news!!! Sandman and Venom will make AMAZING badguys!!!

So no Black Cat in Spiderman 3 then!; there were alot of rumours suggesting she would be (and females being talked about for the part). I have no doubt that she will make an appearance in a future Spiderman film; as they are bound to have a female 'baddie' in there at some stage!

Lizard was also a tipped badguy and that would have been cool;

Rhino or Scorpian would have also made great choices IMO (hopefully in the future)!

I am SOOOOO glad Kraven the hunter isn't a bad guy as that was also rumoured and i feal it would have been a complete waist of a choice!

I think Harry will come back as The Green Goblin right at the end of Spiderman 3!

Is it true its only going to be in the words of Matt Damon "A 3 movie trilogy" :p, if so it will be a shame as there is so many great badguys that deserve a place in the movies like Electro, Rhino, Vulture, Mystrio etc etc. If I was Rami id make a forth movie with the Sinister 6starring as the main bad guys.
What's Matt Damon got to do with the films??

Anyways, i did here that the Spiderman series of films was going to run for a while, maybe going up to 5 & 6 etc... and i have to say that if the keep producing them in as great quality as the first two films (and the badguys in '3 should make for another great movie), i'm all for that!!

The original Green Goblin was killed of straight away, could be replaced by Harry as the next Green Goblin, so no need to worry about that. Doc Ock could be back I guess... who says Venom will die?

I'm interested to know whether Venom will be a suit with crazy powers like in the comics, or if they turn it into something more technology based to make it more plausible.

something more technology based to make it more plausible.

We're still talking about a film where a genetically modifed spider bites sombody and they are given special spidey powers?

I'm excited for this, I liked the second film more than the first so hopefully this will continue the trend. Is it the same director? I hope it is yet can't be bothered to go to google.